Differences in the Beta Version

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

H47tr!ck

I saw some gameplay footage of the beta version of hl2 on tv and I was dissapointed to see some of the things they took out.

my biggest complaint is that in the beta you could zoom and shoot at the same time which is something I realy wanted to do (and would be a cool mod).

they also took out that level that was full of traps. that looked like a lot of fun.

so what other things have u noticed that they removed?

lots of crap gets taken out, usually for the better.

the trap level was ravenholm

this has been brought up too many times. LOCKED (damn i wish)

who care for beta if programmer has to take out becouse he may think it is no good or greedy bussnessman decides in the end the relese of the game is what u pay for and how it should be. but sadly many games are still too many errors on relese but this does not belong in this tread.

He's talking about the leaked pre-alpha copy (NOT beta).

i dont see why people cant make individual levels that used to be in the beta. the zoom/shooting mod should be easy. and i want the gauss gun back :(

aFireInside0016 said:
i dont see why people cant make individual levels that used to be in the beta. the zoom/shooting mod should be easy. and i want the gauss gun back :(

Gauss Gun? Play with the buggy much? Hold down Mouse 2....

Trap levels = Ravenholm

Zoom and shoot was most likely taken out because then like pistols and such could just be used as snipers...

There's tons of things changed, just live with it :)

Iced_Eagle said:
Gauss Gun? Play with the buggy much? Hold down Mouse 2....

There was a "portable" version of the gauss gun in one of the videos from 2003. It was slightly different than the Buggy gun

And anyone that remembers the Hydra knows why it wasn't in the final game.

Why are people not talking about the crosshair? Where is my crosshair ammo indicator?

That was far cooler than Traptown and the Hydra IMO.

Seppo said:
There was a "portable" version of the gauss gun in one of the videos from 2003. It was slightly different than the Buggy gun

There was no gauss gun in any of those videos.

subtlesnake said:
Why are people not talking about the crosshair? Where is my crosshair ammo indicator?

That was far cooler than Traptown and the Hydra IMO.
Like AndroidXP says, its in the options

In the leak you could shoot the friendlies I miss that :( You can actually use the big pistol as a sniper if your fast enough on the buttons :)

I wish people who have bought half life 2 could download and play the leaked version. :(

zodiak said:
I wish people who have bought half life 2 could download and play the leaked version. :(

And why would we do that? Is the buggy alpha crap better than the the final, polished game?

A suggestion: stop whining about things that were removed since the leak occured. They are not coming back.

Overwatch said:
And why would we do that? Is the buggy alpha crap better than the the final, polished game?

A suggestion: stop whining about things that were removed since the leak occured. They are not coming back.

Becouse i would like to play another version of half life 2, even if its a little more crappy. And when did i whine about it?

_-_-SELAS-_-_ said:
its in the options
Where? I don't believe I've come across that option.

czrsink said:
I really think that Valve should have just made the Hydra swipe at you rather than insta-kill-stab-to-the-face you. It would have been a lot of fun trying to dodge the swipes.

The irony of people whining about people whining....

Anyway, It's not hard to get hold of the 'HL2 Alpha' if you really want it, unless your on a 56k.

PEOPLE! if they remove something thats because it did not fit in the game. it would take you out of the game. This thread has come up far to many times.

czrsink said:
lol :thumbs:

(I never played the original)

zodiak said:
Becouse i would like to play another version of half life 2, even if its a little more crappy. And when did i whine about it?

If you want to play it, go ahead. But why you are trying to make others play an ILLEGAL version of HL2 is beyond my understanding.

No, you didn't whine, however many others do, about all the things that were removed.

someone who "has" the leaked pre-alpha should just rip the maps and claim them as their own! j/k :)

Overwatch said:
Is the buggy alpha crap better than the the final, polished game?
QUOTE]

I would like to see the leaked material legal for download just to see valves creative process. I bought and enjoyed rasing the bar for the same reason. I dont just want more hl2, i want a better look at the work that went into it.

someone who "has" the leaked pre-alpha should just rip the maps and claim them as their own! j/k

Theres a site that converts leaked material, mainly maps. But I'm going to assume that linking to it would leave me with a warning and a deleted post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back