directx help!!! TF2

J

Jmoto

I need directx help. Ive updated my video drivers, windows, and installed directx9c to play Team Fortress 2 but when I log in an error message : You must have a minumum of directx 8 to play. WTF IS going on??

I'm not even sure now. The game enters in correctly with the backdrop then a couple of seconds later it blacks out and exits the game with no error message showing up.

amd athlon 2.0ghz, 512 ddram, geforce2 mx400. My stuff is pretty dated.

well that is a dx7 card. does the new source engine not utilize dx7 anymore?

I dunno, I was able to play half life 2 deathmatch source online today. Is there a difference?

tf2,portal,and hl2 ep2 will have the new source engine version with the new features. hl2 dm is still running on the first source version.

Now Steam wants us to update to DX10 to play any of our games?

Yesterday I couldn?t play any of my games before updating to the latest directX. Then I got forwarded to MS dx10 download page... :hmph:
My hw doesn?t even support dx10.

Yesterday I couldn?t play any of my games before updating to the latest directX. Then I got forwarded to MS dx10 download page... :hmph:
My hw doesn?t even support dx10.

DX10 is the default download when you visit Microsoft's DirectX site. As far as I know, the new Source engine requires a simple DX8 compliant video card.

Funny. Today all I got was the usual "outdated gfx driver" warning. Everything is back to normal then :) I have to use drivers that are stable with maya 7.0

Back