Disturbing thread of the day: Sad bronies and their pony girlfriends

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you even read the guy's comment? He takes specific exception to this stupid pony composite, noting how he has never "actually looked at what is really happening" in "hundreds of pictures like this".

"Putting Rainbow Dash in made me actually look at what is really happening."

Rainbow Dash made him feel compassion for those under Nazi rule for the first time. So yes, he's a sociopath. I'm not a particularly emotive person, but I don't need colour treatments and special effects (let alone a composite of Crystal Maiden from Dota 2) to recognise injustice and violence and feel something because of it.

Umm, no, he never says it was the first or only time he felt compassion. He says he felt little emotion when seeing hundreds of photos. This does not preclude feeling emotion to any photo ever, prior to having studied/archived/whatever those hundreds of photos. Sure most people feel "something," but nobody can really, genuinely feel "appropriate" amounts of sadness for every single injustice photographed, or we would all be burdened with insufferable depression. Another example: people who donate to charities after their favorite actress/musician highlights the cause. We all know there are starving people all over the world. If all these people had compassion they should donate on their own, every time they saw a picture of starving kids. We ALL should, there are people dying right here right now, not just in old photos, and there are infinite ways we could all help them. Does donating just because a stupid actress did make all these people disgusting? No -- it's a little pathetic, but that's just how people are. Our brains aren't made to accommodate that much compassion (150 people is roughly the limit of people you can genuinely care about). Instead of singling out bronies, why don't you lament the entire slightly-borked human psychological condition.

Anyways, you can grumble if you want (as can I). I predict the brony thing will blow over in a year or two, as (1) people lose interest in the show, or (2) other people realize it's not that big a deal. After all, nobody really hates on furries anymore and I'm sure we can remember how people used to treat them as though they were the most absolutely horrifyingly disgusting worst people ever. I bet there was even a thread here all about hating on furries. Possibly started by Stern. Maybe you guys will even get a whole CSI episode on bronies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back