do cheats from half-life 1 work on hl:source?

spin03

Reaction score
i want to beat hl1 really quickly because i have forgotten the story, so does anyone know if i can use hl1 cheats for hl:source

Yep, they're exactly the same.

sv_cheats 1 - Activates cheats
god - Activates God mode (Invincibility)
buddha - Activates Buddha mode (Same as above but the bullets still hit you rather than flying through you)
noclip - Activates No Clip mode allowing you to fly into high places and through walls
impulse 101 - Gives you all weapons and ammo
give weapon_xxxx - Gives you the specified weapon. weapon_9mm / weapon_mp5 / weapon_shotgun etc.

They are changed slightly. But mostly the same. when you start a HL1: S game, make sure you can get to the console, and then type "sv_cheats 1", and press enter. Then type "God" for god mode, "Impulse 101" for all the weapons and full ammo and stuff.

hope that helps

Edit: Chris, I didn't think they were "Exactly" the same... I never remember typing "sv_cheats 1" in on HL1...

dekstar said:
They are changed slightly. But mostly the same. when you start a HL1: S game, make sure you can get to the console, and then type "sv_cheats 1", and press enter. Then type "God" for god mode, "Impulse 101" for all the weapons and full ammo and stuff.

hope that helps

Edit: Chris, I didn't think they were "Exactly" the same... I never remember typing "sv_cheats 1" in on HL1...
sv_cheats has been around since Quake and as such was definitely in HL1 :)

I'm pretty sure you had to put sv_cheats 1 in HL1.

Idon't have it, but depending on how Valve made it the level glitches might still work.

thanks a lot guys. i normally wasnt such a big fan of story in a game, but halflife changed that all.

it wont let me access the console when im playing the game. i pressed the ~ key, but nothing happens. any ideas?

spin03 said:
it wont let me access the console when im playing the game. i pressed the ~ key, but nothing happens. any ideas?
Options - Keyboard - Advanced - Enable Developer Console

Does impulse 76 work in HL:S?

I remember having a bit of fun with that cheat in the original. Until it crashed for the third time, then I gave up using it :p

for npcs

it is now npc_create monster_x

where x is the enemy, ie Barney, Zombie etc

dekstar said:

You probably had sv_cheats 1 as default or as additional parameters in shortcut so you never had to write it.

B-MAn said:
Didnt impulse 200 do something aswell?
impulse 200 hides your weapon model

impulse 102 spawns gibs/skulls

Back