do you like the band nirvana?

do you like the band nirvana?

• yes

Votes: 29 64.4%
  • no

Votes: 16 35.6%

• Total voters
I used to be really big on them, not so much anymore. There Unplugged CD is still a good listen, though.

Of course, my favourite band in fact.

I think they're overrated, but they're good.

No, and my music teacher and I laugh at all the dumb kids asking him to teach them Nirvana/Metallica songs. I'll throw up if I even hear that band's name one more time.

I'm so god damn sick of Nirvana. maybe it's cuz im from (near) Seattle. If I hear the Unplugged album one more time, my ears are going to explode. Not to say I dont like Nirvana. Just.....sick of them. Sick of hearing about them, sick of listening to them. But I still like them. In Utero is my favorite of theirs, With The Lights Out was also a trasure trove of some of their most awesome stuff. (such as the song Ms. Butterworth!!!)

They are OK, thats all. Overrated in the extreme.

Could never get in to them. Liked Heart Shaped Box, and it was pretty mandatory to like Smells Like Teen Spirit when you were young, but thats all really.

I quite like it when them comes on when I'm on random, wouldn't choose to put it on though.

Like others said, they receive way too much praise but I like a few of their songs. (teen spirit, and lithium are my favorites)

Nowadays, In Utero and the Unplugged album are the only Nirvana stuff I listen to.

my favorite song is lithium and all apologies. underneath the bridge is up there also. smells like teen spirit and lithium were good the first few times, but mtv, as always, ruins good music.

****ing love Nirvana, they deserve all the praise they get.

My two favorite songs by them are Plateua and Been A Son.

I Like some of their older stuff...anything else, no.

Curt Cobain was on the phone.

Yeah?

Yeah. And on the carpet, on the walls, all over the sofa...

Nope. Overrated IMO, and they helped usher in a lot of the angsty trash we're still dealing with today.

Music wasn't even all that great.

Yeah, they're good, without paying attention to the hype. They deserved atleast some of it though.

Heart Shaped Box is an awesome song.

yes, one of my favorite bands. They are only overrated because they were the first real hit grunge band, but I liked grunge bands later in the era (soundgarden, pearl jam, stp) a little better than nirvana.

in any case I really liked their sound, it was clean and they had good hooks and a good melody.

they are ok kinda old. I like a lot of new metal better.

I dont like them much anymore, but I certainly respect them as an artist. They created a new sound that the music world desperately needed. Which paved way for alternative rock to be much widespread and gave us a chance to run from 80s metal. Thank god... I think their sound is very depressing for my personal taste now.

Of course I used to think "Smells Like Teen Spirit" was the ****.

I've never heard a song from them, so I dunno.
Liar!

Download Smells Like Teen Spirit, Lithium and Come As You Are and tell me you don't recognise a single one.

Edit - By which I mean, of course, purchase.

Simply because they're overrated, or is that a coincedence?

Conincedence, grew up with it, got sick of it as it was always getting thrashed on the radio. Was more into earlier stuff at the time anyway- Sonic Youth, Mission of Burma, Pixies, Jopy Division, My Bloody Valentine etc.

Liar!

Download Smells Like Teen Spirit, Lithium and Come As You Are and tell me you don't recognise a single one.

Edit - By which I mean, of course, purchase.

Are those Nirvana? Yes, of course I've heard of them, I'm not that lost.

Am a big fan of Nevermind, never really got into the rest.

Favourite songs are 'Polly' and 'You Know You're Right'.

Polly is pretty good.
I still love 'come as you are'.
Any fans of nirvana should listen to this british band called Killing Joke
They were an eighties band that influenced Cobain, in fact 'come as you are' borrows heavily off one of their songs.

Back