Do you look thoroughly depressed ALL THE TIME?

^ Being a were-wolf, you would have to expect your loved ones to be at least a little paranoid.

I've been told that I look, for lack of better words, cold, while remaining expressionless.

When i'm just walking around in public, minding my own business, I tend to look pissed off. Like i'm walking around looking for trouble. In social situations, regardless of my demeanor, I wear a bit of a generic smile, until I get bored, and then it's back to looking irritated. I feel like when i've been going overboard on the drugs and alcohol, I start to get a little bit of a terrified, but still irritated look. I really feel like my overall look is just sort of pissed off and unapproachable. I'm the sort of person who doesn't really like to talk to people unless it's about something I want to talk about, or somebody I really want to talk to, so I think it kind of stems from that, like a natural "**** off i'm a douchebag" defense mechanism.

I've been told on multiple occasions that I wear my emotions on my sleeve, that it's really easy to tell what i'm thinking just based on how I look.

do you look like this?

droopy.jpg

or this:

250px-SpringfieldElementary5.jpg

or this:

hillary_clinton_scary_smile.jpg

you could be suffering from Animated Face Syndrome. consult your doctor before it's too late ...

christian-bale-freak-out-bloody-face-american-psycho-mouth-open-teeth-goes-crazy-eyes-tantrum-photo.jpg

I'm really surprised by now many people on this forum have permanent sad or angry faces. Is there some factor that links videogame fanship/forum usage with Bell's Palsy? Were your mothers depressed enough by their pregnancies that their sorrow moulded you in their wombs? Or are you all making it up?

Personally I look very cheerful most of the time, even though I am dead inside.

It's because you all really loathe yourselves deep down.

Actually it's because I secretly want to sleep with my mother and the knowledge that I will never be able to actualize this reality haunts me daily.

I just hate women, and they make up about 50% of existence.

My friends continually point out that I always look dead serious in public, which according to them is one of the reason why people don't want to sit next to me.

Of course, it might be because I have quite strong social anxiety in public situations and it causes me to be really tense, and when I recently saw an actual photo of how I look when I ride the bus that a friend took without me noticing I was like "Jesus Christ, no wonder people who don't know me don't sit next to me unless absolutely necessary.

I just looked so incredibly focused and dead-serious, so I actually understand why people don't want to sit next to me. What's funny is I just don't sit staring out into space, I am generally reading the newspaper either in physical form or on my phone, but maybe that makes it even more that people fear I will get angry if they sit down next to me when I am trying to read, I dunno.

But yeah, maybe not depressed but I look extremely tense and serious.

If it bothers you, consciously make an effort to smile a little bit when you begin to consciously think about it. You can open up new neural passage ways that affect your unconscious behavior, no matter your age.

/Jung

Back