DoD release date: summer?

CptStern

suckmonkey
Reaction score
very brief mention in an interview with doug lombardi:

"The team is cranking to finish (DoD:S) this summer. We'll be showing more after e3, and I think folks are going to be pleasantly surprised by what's developed over the past few months."

source

so much for a spring release

Did you honestly believe the "spring" release goal though?

Pretty much any Valve comment on a release date in the past 2 years has been in the same exact format every time.

"We're [shooting for/trying for/hoping for/praying for/'know it's not going to be done in time but we'll say it anyways to get you off our backs' for] a [spring/end of spring/summer/end of summer/before Christmas/'some time before our heads explode from speculating on a million release date questions'] release."

I'm hoping just as much as anyone that it comes out as soon as possible, but I learned my lesson last summer, and I'm taking all current and future interview comments and estimates with one huge ass freakin grain of salt.

I dont expect anything, I just want to play the game

CptStern said:
and I think folks are going to be pleasantly surprised by what's developed over the past few months."

aaahhh ... this makes me dream of fabulous new models :cheese:

Lt.Hinkle said:
aaahhh ... this makes me dream of fabulous new models :cheese:

I can't wait til that first time I see one rag-doll off the top of the church in avalanche.

CptStern said:
I dont expect anything, I just want to play the game
hey i didn't know you liked DOD, we should play sometime, do you have the same screen name?

I wonder what the stuff is they have been working on that Valve hinted would surprise us

SenorDingDong said:
Mortars yo...

Yeah, good call. They always said they were working on including a mortar class for the current DoD, but it never went anywhere. I can't imagine a lot of servers using them though. Man did I hate the mortar spammers in Forest.

ACLeroK212 said:
Yeah, good call. They always said they were working on including a mortar class for the current DoD, but it never went anywhere. I can't imagine a lot of servers using them though. Man did I hate the mortar spammers in Forest.
ah, comon, they weren't that bad. <3 forest to the max.

iyfyoufhl said:
hey i didn't know you liked DOD, we should play sometime, do you have the same screen name?

usually stern or cptstern

ACLeroK212 said:
I can't wait til that first time I see one rag-doll off the top of the church in avalanche.

YES !!! exaclty !!! :cheese:

Ennui said:
ah, comon, they weren't that bad. <3 forest to the max.

I just could never get into liking forest at all. Although I would like to see what they could do with it in Source. It does have potential to at least be one of the best looking maps out there.

It has been a while since there was a new update for DoD: Src. Do you guys think that they are implementing new stuff like new models, etc?

in an interview they said they were re-doing 95% of the content ...one could interpret that as meaning there will 5% new content ...hmmm a new gametype? objectives perhaps? they did say we'd be surprised

CptStern said:
in an interview they said they were re-doing 95% of the content ...one could interpret that as meaning there will 5% new content ...hmmm a new gametype? objectives perhaps? they did say we'd be surprised

one could also interpret that as 5% of the content is staying the same. ;)

as my brother said to me yesterday...
"BF2 is going to be out before DOD:S, That's kinda sad"
and it's true.

in a, I won't have time to play it even though I bought it last year, because I will be too busy playing BF2... kinda way.

ACLeroK212 said:
one could also interpret that as 5% of the content is staying the same. ;)

heh no my post was a bit misleading ..they said 95% will stay the same

Hmm... They've also been talking about putting vehicles into DoD for a very long, long time as well... I wonder if they've gone ahead with that idea?

Revenge said:
Hmm... They've also been talking about putting vehicles into DoD for a very long, long time as well... I wonder if they've gone ahead with that idea?

They said if they did they'd play a very minor role. Never anything on the scale of games like BF1942 or anything.

Personally I hope they leave em out for good. It's just not that type of game.

CptStern said:
I assume that means they're recreating 95% of the content, but not quite all - after all, sounds probably don't need a whole lot of touch-up.

Still, I bet they'll throw in a few new things. Maybe that Mortar class they talked about adding to Day of Defeat but never really did.

In a interview with Doug, it was said that they took DOD:S a bit farther than they had initially planned. He also said that HDR will be in it also. I dont know if there are any major changes though.

Back