"Don't they know it's the end of the world?"

What will be the end of HUMAN life?

• The human race will live on until the end of the solar system

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I can say nothing at the ridiculousness of this statement. Do you realize how much energy it would take to "colonize and terraform" Mars? And here on Earth we are going to be struggling to find enough energy to run our "normal" activities soon, unless we get the 1 in a million "fusion" energy.

You're a very pessimistic chap aren't you. Anyway terraforming Mars will take hundreds of years to accomplish.

Then again I'm 100% sure that if the world will indeed end it will happen long after our lifetimes. So my point is why the heck should we care, I for one couldn't care less if the world imploded one second after my death...

There are enough intelligent people in the world to fend off our suicide. I think that some natural disaster will happen before humans get so batshit as to kill ourselves completely.

You're a very pessimistic chap aren't you. Anyway terraforming Mars will take hundreds of years to accomplish.

Then again I'm 100% sure that if the world will indeed end it will happen long after our lifetimes. So my point is why the heck should we care, I for one couldn't care less if the world imploded one second after my death...

Wait until you have children, grand children and family.

Some say pessimism, I say realism, fusion is the only realistic, option to get anywhere near the amount of energy to undergo these types of endeavors. Fusion has never been demonstrated to be possible in the way we want it to.

Probably Nuclear War if we don't go to peace with eachother if we do, then probably fertility because of everyone masturbating now

Planetary disaster could wipe us all out, but even that I doubt, if we get through the next 100 years I'd imagine we'd have colonized Mars and the Moon which makes Human extinction seem unlikely. If we somehow find out about interstellar travel then I'm confident that we will live on to the end of the universe.

I am eagerly awaiting disastrous effects from global warming to see how much we have screwed ourselves over. If they do not occur, I will be even more pleased. :D

Self-destruction is most likely. All it takes is a couple bombs in the right places.

Global Warming etc. is gonna kill us I think. This year has kind of scared me a lot, the last few months especially. It's just....too warm, EVERYWHERE. And Al Gore's movie too :O

However, assuming we live on and live to the end of our Solar System, I hope we have enough technology by then to find somewhere else in the Universe.

I say global warming or other environmental disaster...Mother Nature has it out for us, bad...its been -8 here before windchill all damn day in Denver...

Global Warming etc. is gonna kill us I think. This year has kind of scared me a lot, the last few months especially. It's just....too warm, EVERYWHERE.

Most of the records I've seen for high temps were set over 50 years ago.

Just an observance.

If we can colonise other planets in time, I think we can last forever. Eventually we will find a way to reproduce without using the reproductive cells.

We won't be able to sustane our lives with the resources available to us. Society gets ****ed and humans may or may not manage to live on.

No war will kill all.

Global warming won't lead to extinction.

Some people will develop resistance to viral strains.

Not everyone has the same way of life.

We will fight, we will win.

No earthquake, hurricane, or storm will kill everyone, especially those who live in the inland.

The chances of a black hole killing us, or a black hole suddenly appearing is slim. (Considerably smaller than 1 against a googolplex)
---------------------------------------------------------
Another note:

img_42338_1248420_4

An alien spy passing along valuable information to our enemies.

What's with everyone voting nuclear war? The whole point of a country's nuclear DETERRENT program is exactly what it says in the name.
Ironically the idea is, no one will ever launch a nuke at another country with nuclear weapons because they will retaliate and both countries would be decimated. Thus rendering the prospect of a nuclear war redundant, as nobody would win.
Terrorists getting nukes though is a different ball game.
It's also not possible to destroy the entire human race using conventional weapons of war.

Realistically, mankind's not gonna make it to the end of the universe. Sorry, it's just not gonna happen.

And if we were going to kill each other with nuclear war, it would have happened already.

There's no single pandemic that could wipe out all of mankind, unless it was designed in a lab to have a 100% fatality rate, but even that's iffy.

Global warming isn't the part that scares me, it's the global cooling, but even that will just be another problem mankind solves.

Even if humans start to become rapidly insterile, scientists could probably figure out how to counteract it using frozen sperm and ova from people who were fertile.

I'd love an alien attack, but you'd think it would've happened by now if it was going to, I mean, they've been visiting since at least the earliest days of cave drawings.

Natural disaster? Unlikely. Though I believe the earth has ways to compensate for the problems facing it, mankind also tends to find ways to adapt. Besides, the earth's pretty damn stable.

Perhaps a planetary disaster. But that could take a long time. Even one large asteroid won't necessarily be enough to do the trick. Unless it was large enough to disrupt the earth's orbit. Simply blotting out the sun won't be enough, we'll find ways to grow our food.

Personally, I'm hoping for zombies.

They didn't have my facourite up there, so I voted Alien Attack.

You know damn well that when we refuse to give sentient robots equal rights, they're going to kick our asses.

-Angry Lawyer

ZOMBIES.

Which I guess would be self-destruction... crap, can I change my vote?

Realistically, mankind's not gonna make it to the end of the universe. Sorry, it's just not gonna happen.

Well actually I don't think the Universe will end, because we will stop it. Think abut it, billions and billions of years of technological advancement, I'm sure we'll find a way and if there isn't a way we'll make one.

Personally, I'm hoping for zombies.

I LOLd

The species commonly known as the 'Alien' (yes from the movie) will come along as a headhumper trapped in a stasis tube and kill us all :D

Either that or the ship Even Horizon will be made and create a black hole near the earth sucking us all into Hell!

Erm, By the time the world ends, we'll all be dead.
LOL, screw you my great great great great grandchildren!

Oh... oh no, their coming.. FROM TEH FUTURE.. THEY saw my psot.. ojh gd.. someone help MERMEMEMEMEE...

This user has logged off.

:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

I think that Richard Attenborough will create Jurassic Park, and all the animals will be set free by an obese and irresponsible computer systems engineer.

Global Warming etc. is gonna kill us I think. This year has kind of scared me a lot, the last few months especially. It's just....too warm, EVERYWHERE. And Al Gore's movie too :O

Actually, it's supposed to be summer over here! Sure it was hot today... but we just had some hurricanes and really cool weather...

I think the earths seasons are just flipping over.

As for what kills us all? Uh... gamma burst.

Either that or the ship Event Horizon will be made and create a black hole near the earth sucking us all into Hell!

That movie scares the bajeebers out of me... :'(

I'd guess planetary disaster, since humans are on a ticking timebomb as to find a way to spread/exit this solar system before our sun goes boom. :)

I for one welcome our future mutant banana overlords.

I'll be awaiting their arrival with open arms.

my cock will grow so big everyone shall gag in it.

And a glorious day that shall be indeed.

Well actually I don't think the Universe will end, because we will stop it. Think abut it, billions and billions of years of technological advancement, I'm sure we'll find a way and if there isn't a way we'll make one.

lol, that's like a single cell trying to stop the body from dying

lol sprafapost!

and i think it'll be because of conflict. not necessarily nuclear, i think some biological agent is more likely to devastate, unless the nuclear weaponry initiates some kind of planet-destroying chain reaction.

Humans will create a utiopia of happyness through drugs and implants and no one will want to have sex anymore.

The first Matrix was a paradise... And no-one liked it, and rejected it. Stupid humans. My vote was that, at the rate we're going global warming will kill us but, i guess some advances will be made and instead we'll get attacked by the Combine or whatever. And DIE.

Back