Doom 3 is screwed....

Originally posted by Shockwave
morons...the game wont be released until there are cards that can run it..Why the hell do you think they have been taking there sweet ass time on it?

dont try to fool other people into thinkign that todays best cards wont run it, cause they will run it fine. Fine as cheap butter thats been in the microwave...

the stupid ignorance level is destroying me here........

a freaking geforce3 will run doom3 "well". STop the bs.

Originally posted by coolio2man
Lol Doom 3 is gunna die within 1-2 months and i am glad, just another scare u game from a company based on pure looks and the ability to use all the best videocards and CPU's at max capacity
rather than playability and entertainment like Half-life 2 is doing
Because if u think about it all the Physics etc. all add to the game
but in Doom 3 the graphics take away from the game because of the FPS on lower end comps

Look those reply's really make me wanna pugue...sorry that i can't resist on replying..for the rest discussion is running farely well :)

Doom3 no modability ..and no physics lol..you can block elevator switches by moving stuff,move stuff to take cover ,move stuff into halways that it can slowdown people passing by..operate terminals to get machinery moving..moving machinery that can easely kill you,break windows in a truly lifelike way ,ragdoll physics(but these are gettin common) and so on
There will be lots of mods for doom3,they have a great build in editor and very accesable code for modders..those mods will be very different then those for HL2...thank god there's more then one flavour in the world..thank you god ,you created diversion in the world!

edit: about fps, read kabans replys read please andtrty to stay polite..if you have really wel grounded arguments mr coolio no problem..doom3 will not be perfect

Ive never bothered with D3 anyways. It's SP only, who bothers with that. The whole point of PC gaming is the MP part. Besides, i have unfortunately no job, and my dad doesn't just by me $1300 systems so i can run eye-candy games like D3.

Lol Doom 3 is gunna die within 1-2 months and i am glad, just another scare u game from a company based on pure looks and the ability to use all the best videocards and CPU's at max capacity rather than playability and entertainment like Half-life 2 is doing
Because if u think about it all the Physics etc. all add to the game
but in Doom 3 the graphics take away from the game because of the FPS on lower end comps

right now im so inflamed with anger due to your ignorance, but im going to try and hold it back.

Doom3 is meant to scare you, and that is entertainment. I dont know how much more fanboyism i can take from you people...

Ok for you grease monkey,blame nvidia and ati for renewing their cards every six months and asking ridiculous prices for hi-end cards that one year later are worth nothing anymore :) and it seems like having Internet is like life necessary these days,what about someone who really likes SP games and not the chaotic MP large batlle game?

Doom MP will be more for moody people and people who don't wanna be in a 20 vs 20 war , but just take it easy and have a bit of fun...

Both games are great, I buy both and enjoy both, full stop end of this thread.

If thats true, doom 3 wont sell much right away at all

Doom 3 looks like it will be a System Shock 2 kind of scary - you know, an isolated feeling, thousands of miles from Earth. I bet there will be parts that will scare your pants off.

lmao. IF DOOM3 is even half of what system shock 2 is , ill be the most surprised kid on the block.

(not trying to put down doom3, but i doubt it will be as interactive, i mean will you have like 20 different upgradable things? able to buy stuff? upgrades?....NO)

But it might have the same scaryness factor if ID did a good job.

i aint gunna buy d3 cuz all i got is a p4 1.4 ghtz at 533 fsb, 128 megs of ddr ram, 80 gig hardrive 5200rpm, all packe ontop of 3 windows reinstalls because gateway licks penis nuts on crack with they're mothers!!!!

Originally posted by rollthedise
i aint gunna buy d3 cuz all i got is a p4 1.4 ghtz at 533 fsb, 128 megs of ddr ram, 80 gig hardrive 5200rpm, all packe ontop of 3 windows reinstalls because gateway licks penis nuts on crack with they're mothers!!!!

oh, and a gforce 2 mx 210

32 meg

You do know how to use the Edit button right?

roll the dice your chances of playing doom3 are very low. But your hl2 is gonna look like total ass as well.

Originally posted by schweppes
Doom 3 looks like it will be a System Shock 2 kind of scary - you know, an isolated feeling, thousands of miles from Earth. I bet there will be parts that will scare your pants off.

Hopefully it wont be as corny and annoying

I once got Quake III to run competitively (meaning I owned the guys I was lanning with) on an old model iMac with 233Mhz G3, 160MB RAM, Voodoo2.

I think it looked worse than Quake I, bordering on Doom-quality graphics/textures, but it was enough for me to see little moving blobs that I shot at. About 23fps, and like I said I won that game.

Doom 3 will be very scalable. When Carmack says minimum will be 1ghz, 256mb ram, GeForce 1, that's minimum, if you crank down all the settings in the options menu. I bet a tweaker could tone it down even more if such an occasion was required.

I would upgrade of course, but hey, guess what, Doom isn't even coming out till mid to late 2004. You'll have tons of time to upgrade.

And while I'm waiting for Doom, I'm going to be playing myself some good ole Half Life 2 :thumbs:

Doom isn't even coming out till mid to late 2004

A highly dubious assumption. Consider this. The render engine is basically finished, minus sporadic tweaks and optimizations. Also, consider that the maps are finished, again minus the occasional tweaks where they are warranted. With this in mind, it seems highly unlikely that an additional year is required to complete development.

I might point out that your illogical assumption is based on one of the numerous reports written by an individual who attended quakecon. Such a person is not in any position to informed on such matters, given that iD themselves are uncertain when they will be finished. Their only comment on the matter is "we have no plans to release doom3 in 2003".

When all information is taken into consideration, it is more reasonable to assume the game will be completed within the first half of 2004, rather than the second half. In all probability, Doom3 will be on shelves in March or April.

Do not be overly anxious to reach conclusions, for it is infinitely more profitable to reach the correct conclusion in a greater length of time, than to reach a false conclusion quickly. We must allow no sovereign to rule over us other than reason and logic.

(not trying to put down doom3, but i doubt it will be as interactive, i mean will you have like 20 different upgradable things? able to buy stuff? upgrades?....NO)

SS2 called an rpg for a reason. Get your game genres straight.

Well I did say mid-late, not just late. April I would still consider mid. When I say "early 2004" anxious fans usually think that means January or February, right away, and i just don't know if that would be the case. (even from a marketing standpoint, it's the time period right after a big gift shopping phase, sales will be down)

i never said DOom3 was supposed to be an rpg? When did i? I Just was mentioning how doom3 wont have those rpg elements. ANd therefore it wont be as good in my eyes. AND as i said, it might be as scary as SS2 but thats just about it. So i was correct.

You see REAPER, i was responding to this rediculouse post =

"Originally posted by schweppes
Doom 3 looks like it will be a System Shock 2 kind of scary - you know, an isolated feeling, thousands of miles from Earth. I bet there will be parts that will scare your pants off. "

THx i win.

Originally posted by subs
THx i win.

"Argueing over the internet is like participating in the special olympics... even if you win, you're still retarded"

ok could we kind of get this sorted now?

RIDICULOUS

please refrain from spelling it incorrectly again. i've seen it so many other different ways, it hurts.

Haven't bothered to read this thread so someone might already of said this.. but a lot of people who upgraded for HL2 didn't take Doom3 into consideration.

Doom3's hardware requirements are far higher than HL2's will ever be. Half-Life2 was designed to work on low spec machines where as Doom3 is just gonna give all it's got.

Kinda a bummer :/

redickyalus?

subs you're wrong, schweppes said he would like D3 to be scary in the same way that System Shock 2 was scary. You're the one who made the false link between an RPG and a FPS. All schweppes ever said: I want it to be very scary, just like System Shock 2 was.

originally posted by subs
it might be as scary as SS2 but thats just about it.
here you're repeating what schweppes said

Originally posted by Kaban
I would upgrade of course, but hey, guess what, Doom isn't even coming out till mid to late 2004. You'll have tons of time to upgrade.
No, you'll be upgrading when halflife2 comes out and then waiting for doom3. Won't you.
*glares at you until you crumble to my will*

join us

Originally posted by D33
Doom3's hardware requirements are far higher than HL2's will ever be. Half-Life2 was designed to work on low spec machines where as Doom3 is just gonna give all it's got.

Hey don't get your hopes down! They're probably going to optimize the code :)

I'm not "from the future" or anything but I have the doom alpha on my cpu, and I tweaked the settings for lowest quality possible, and the game is still amazingly beautiful and it runs at a nice rate of 15-25fps. I'm thinking the full game when it's done will run even faster :)

lol you guys are so funn. Stop taking things so seriously, i was joking about the winner thing, jesus christ.

And i guess i got out of hand comparing doom3 and SS2, your correct. ITs that the doom3 prolly wont touch ss2 and i got carried away.

So stop yer girly bitching. I said im sorry.

Back