Dota 2 "Shifting Snows" Update Released

Omnomnick

Retired Lead Content Creator
Staff member
Reaction score
Frostivus may have been cancelled (once again), but Dota 2 will still be celebrating the festive season this year with the all-new "Shifting Snows" update! This new update will re-introduce the snowy-themed Winter map and apply the v6.83 balance patch, bringing multiple changes to a variety of heroes and game mechanics.

DotaSnow.PNG
Among hundreds of individual changes, highlights of the v6.83 patch that stood out to us include replacing all first-spawn runes with two Bounty Runes (rather than one normal and one Bounty), allowing players to ping heroes' health and mana bars, and introducing Bloodseeker and Techies into Captain's Mode, allowing both to potentially be used for professional play.

Alongside the rest of the balance tweaks for heroes and general gameplay, the update will also introduce several new features, including the ability to make ice-themed effigies, a new "Treasure of the Frosted Flame" chest, and gift wrap (functions identically to TF2's own gift wrap). A brand new "Treasure of the Nested Cache" chest will also be added, providing random treasures and a chance to find an addition Treasure Redemption Token which can be used to redeem yet another free treasure.

After several days on the Test Client, the update has now been made available for all players on the main Dota 2 Client. If you're looking for more information about the Shifting Snows update for Dota 2, head on over to the Dota 2 website.

Last edited:
I like all the extra alt click stuff. Those are really useful.
Yeah, I use them so much.

And then I feel bad when I open up the chat and see only my own alt-click/command wheel messages because nobody else can do anything close to communicating more than 10% of the time.

I expect to see Lifestealer going from an occasional laning hero to being only used as a Jungler after this update hits since he can now control creeps after he infests them.

Lifestealer's change isn't going to make him a better jungler, you'll farm faster ulting a creep and immediately popping back out of it than controlling one to jungle in.

Back