Douchbag Tenants and Mother****ing ****s

Dandan

Medic
Reaction score
Hello everyone, it takes me great patience to write this as every time I even think about it my fists clench and get even angrier. My girlfriend and I recently rented out our upstairs half of the double we own. The tenants were a middle aged woman and her two children. We noticed they were a little bit sloppy and started to bring in bag after bag of items they owned and quickly filled their side of the basement storage. She paid on time and also had paid her initial deposit of $800. This was around August 2011. Shortly afterwards we noticed her payments were getting in to us slower and slower and she was breaking more and more house rules we have. They're the easiest rules to follow: throw your cigarette butts in a can near the door (we have a dog and he loves to eat them) don't smoke upstairs, bring your garbage bags to the curb every week, clear a path in the basement to the electric box and other small requests. Then maybe a few months later like in October she was about a week late in rent which over time we charge $10 extra every day for being late (its all on the lease she signed) and she became almost non-existent while her Cousin occupied the house which was against the agreement on the lease that she couldn't co-rent with anyone else. This lasted about a month and at this point it was really getting on our nerves because the cousin sounded like he would beat his girlfriend who spent a lot of time up there yelling and screaming at each other. Other than that they stayed up late being really loud and the children we noticed didn't spend as much time there. The kids also have a dad but he must not have gotten custody.

Now after this point she was feeding us lies that her friend was in Hospice and that he died and she was taking care of him while his family never really was there for him blah blah blah but the money stopped entirely coming in to us and we decided to put an eviction notice on her door. To her her children were "devastated" that we'd do such a thing but at this point we wanted them and their shitty lives out of here. As of now she owes us about $800 and thats including the deposit we used for items such as stolen fireworks from us (we had to actually put a door up and store all our goods in the basement in a separate room with lock and key) and for a few months of not paying rent. This bitch says she works at the local bar but all we see her at is an even closer local bar with her new boyfriend whom she says is her "Brother".

To me she and her lot is very childish and spoiled. Her husband probably pays alimony and or child support, we think she has unemployment, and she gets paid supposedly under the table. We do know that she drinks a bit and smokes a lot, and doesn't account for a lot in life. For $500 a month though I as a 15 yr old teenage boy could have easily paid that rent off (and I would have if my father asked me for it)...which irks me even more because the one boy is 16 and the other is 11. So thats 3 fully capable "adults" that can't come up with $500 a month for rent which is the saddest part. I hate them needless to say and I'd love for them to get picked up by the cops for drug charges or a random felony. The cousin that was there for a bit, which we asked for him to move out and he did because we probably could have gotten busted was most likely a seller.

But we're still not through it yet, we're going to court this week but this is captain obvious here and just saying, try renting to people you know and do a few background checks on people. This bitch has a $2000 natural gas bill and hopefully they'll shut it off soon enough because I highly doubt she ever pays anything off. Words cannot describe how angry my girlfriend and I get but if anyone has gone through this before or has some advice please don't hesitate to say how you dealt with it or what you're thinking about

TL:DR Douchbag tenants are a bitch to get rid of, rent to friends and or family and do background checks

I don't think you're the first to post something like this. hl2.net has bad luck with this.

Maybe we're too nice, but I do have somewhat of good news. Today my girlfriend's dad witnessed them moving 4 truckloads out. Also right now I think they're about to move a truckload out. Its so weird this is happening right after I posted this

We still are I think but why spend $1000 to only get $0 if they're moving out. Also we're paying their electric because the bitch never actually called it in like we told her to. Our next tenant will pay first and last months rent and on top of that they're got to have to pay a down payment

edit: so yeah their truck is loaded with shit and they're off but spending the night with the big furniture and tomorrow they'll get rid of the big stuff

That sounds pretty terrible, but more importantly did you call the cops on the girlfriend beater? Also how's the cigarette butt eating dog doing. :|

Sorry. Sounds like long ago you let emotion get in the way of business. She broke the lease when she had somebody else living there, that's when the eviction process should have started.

We still are I think but why spend $1000 to only get $0 if they're moving out. Also we're paying their electric because the bitch never actually called it in like we told her to. Our next tenant will pay first and last months rent and on top of that they're got to have to pay a down payment

edit: so yeah their truck is loaded with shit and they're off but spending the night with the big furniture and tomorrow they'll get rid of the big stuff

Because they still owe you 2000 for gas bills and 800 for your other agreed-upon rent? Not to mention I think you can include litigation costs in the small claims. I dunno where you live, though, so that might not hold.

We didn't try to evict right away because the money that was coming in was helping pay for our mortgage and other important bills. On top of that its the first time renting and we tried our best by posting an eviction notice months ago and also following it up by arranging with a lawyer and we found it'd be more expensive to take them to court. Lots of times here in Buffalo at least the tenant gets the easy way out

edit: lol they're making many loads of laundry right now

Become Judge Judy.

Seriously though, you could and/or should try representing yourself. Do small claims courts ever handle things like this?

Become Judge Judy.

Seriously though, you could and/or should try representing yourself. Do small claims courts ever handle things like this?

I believe they do but we still don't believe it would be worth it. Apparently National Fuel will be coming tomorrow to shut off their heat so it'll be nice to finally seem them either freeze or GTFO

In my house I have a Glock 21 for use in such situations. Its .45 round has superior stopping power.

Not that I'm suggesting anything.

I thought he was gonna fire that Glock at the end, but right around the "I'm going to bake it" part I realized there was no way he had any intention of doing so.

Back