Drugs, addicts and kids?

jverne

Reaction score
Believe it or not i've only now managed to watch Requiem for a Dream. Pretty powerful movie. If there's one new thing i learned, is that it's much easier being a junkie if you're a girl. You just sell your body in a time of crisis.

But it's not about the movie.
I wanted to discuss about addiction to drugs and related stuff.

What would you do if one of (or only child) your children (underage or while under your care) would become addicted to hard drugs (cocaine, heroin, meth, alcohol?, ecstasy?...)?

What would you do if one of (or only child) your your children (underage or while under your care) regularly did soft drugs (tobacco, marijuana, shrooms, salvia, alcohol?, ecstasy?,...)?

How would you raise a child to stay away from drugs?

Should government finance and give out free (new) needles to junkies?

My answers:

1. Hard drugs: i don't really know...my knee jerk reaction would be to give him/her three options. a) Go to rehab under my expense b) Tie him up until abstinence wears down, care for him while at it c) Don't bother coming back home

I'm sure it's alot more difficult in real life, so...

2. Soft drugs: Tell him that wile under my care, if those drugs will interfere with his obligations...i might turn to the options in answer 1. However there is one option left here, tell him to get clean himself.

If your parents aren't particularly rich and you waste their money on drugs, you deserve to be kicked out. I've got my own addictions to finance, get your own damn money.

3. I'd educate them on drugs and try to be a good role model. I'd introduce him/her to sports. Be frank with him and tell him since the beginning that if he's gonna do drugs it's his decision, but he should take responsibility for his actions and i wouldn't be bailing him out.

4. No i'm against that. At first i didn't really care, but as it happens to be we own a piece of land in a really neat place where (nice view and that) where junkies apparently like to visit and often throw out needles just out of the window NOT EVEN WITH THE CAP ON! So last year we had a picnic and stumbled upon two open needles there in the grass.
Since i hate needles, i wouldn't mind if those people who did that would just dropped down and become fertilizer.
However i know it's my responsibility to enclose the propriety (measures are being taken), but still...those ****ers!!

DISCLAIMER: The following text and/or statements can be a bit exaggerated for entertainment purposes, approach them with an open mind.
Despite being a jverne thread i'd really love if you take it seriously...at least for a little while. Thank you!

P.S. I know sinkoman is just waiting to ask me if i'm doing meth again, let me assure you...these questions were on my mind loooong ago, it's just that the movie really punched me...thus this thread.

P.P.S. I have a 15yo friend who 2 months ago didn't do any drugs, now he started partying...he started drinking and smokes pot.
He's from a well of family and has very cool parents.
What made him do it? What else...pussy (as in girls).

1. Hard drugs? Stop using or go to rehab and stop using.
2. Soft drugs? Just don't be a ****ing retard.
3. I'd raise my kid by telling her/him what s/he needs to know about drugs, no real pro bias, no real neg bias (except for hard drugs). as long as my kid functions like a normal human being and is aspiring for something despite getting stoned on friday nights, it's fine by me.
4. No. If they care about their own lives, they'll make sure to use clean needles themselves.

BTW how do you classify shrooms/salvia as soft drugs? I dunno, but if a substance can get you high enough to possibly scare you batshit insane, then it's not really soft is it? Then there's the fact that a good dose of salvia completely incapacitates you.

jverne do you think you have some "revolutionary" thinking that will make the world better?

since most of your post are like these

why dont you go to a addicts clinic to learn about this stuff or become a voluntary in one or help in research about the subject...

well anything other thing that posting like if you where the first one who came whit this

Just raise your kid not to be a ****ing retard and he'll stay away from at least the bad stuff.

Honestly a little pot here and there is fine.

I was gonna use the word retard! Yeah I'd tell them only retards do drugs.

jverne do you think you have some "revolutionary" thinking that will make the world better?

since most of your post are like these

why dont you go to a addicts clinic to learn about this stuff or become a voluntary in one or help in research about the subject...

well anything other thing that posting like if you where the first one who came whit this

I'm not inventing anything new, i'm just asking for your opinion on this subject.

What do you think people are gonna say?

WHY YES I DO BELIEVE HEROIN IS AY-OKAY!

Au contraire my dear, you're the ****ing moron.

it's much easier being a junkie if you're a girl. You just sell your body in a time of crisis.

Are you sure about that? Maybe moron wasn't the right word, but that's a damned ignorant thing to state.

In any case...

What would you do if one of (or only child) your children (underage or while under your care) would become addicted to hard drugs (cocaine, heroin, meth, alcohol?, ecstasy?...)?

It would depend on what my kid is doing. "hard drugs" is a really really broad term.

What would you do if one of (or only child) your your children (underage or while under your care) regularly did soft drugs (tobacco, marijuana, shrooms, salvia, alcohol?, ecstasy?,...)?

As long as he/she is paying for that shit and doesn't get hit by a car or something, I wouldn't care. I'd still punish them every time I caught them, but if I just knew my kid was doing that shit, yet never actually ended up catching them doing it, I wouldn't really care too much.

I wouldn't. I'd be way more worried about keeping my kids away from idiot hood rats and crime to be wasting my time being pre-emptive about their drug habbits. I'd have faith that my kid's would be smart enough not to get themselves in trouble with drugs.

Of course.

Are you sure about that? Maybe moron wasn't the right word, but that's a damned ignorant thing to state.

me said:

DISCLAIMER: The following text and/or statements can be a bit exaggerated for entertainment purposes, approach them with an open mind.
Despite being a jverne thread i'd really love if you take it seriously...at least for a little while. Thank you!

Dude, i was ****ing joking.

Send him/her off to rehab with a good beating and best wishes.

Ecstasy is a soft drug? WTF?

Anyway, I'd beat the crap out of him/her until he never did it again. Also, I'd call the proper authorities if I found out where he/she is getting it from.

Easy. Raise them like I was raised: In a drug-free environment where you can't just pick up drugs on the street corner like in America. Also, educational videos.

No. Let them die off.

Soft drugs i wouldn't care about too much, psychedelics i confiscate for myself. All the nasty drugs that will more than likely result in an addiction I'd send him to live with his bitch of a mother (For some reason in this hypothetical situation I'm divorced, and maybe a cop. A dirty cop).

1) If the little sonofabitch wants to be a heroin addict, he's going to do it when he is no longer a minor and no longer is supported by yours truly. A little experimentation with hard drugs is not amiss necessarily but I wouldn't remotely support it, and it's a dangerous road. The only hard drug I'd let a kid of mine do while he's still in my house would be a little drink now and again.

2) I wouldn't mind too much, really it depends on the attitude and context. I have no problem with people, including my theoretical children, using drugs. It just needs to be responsible and for the right reasons. I wouldn't mind letting my kids smoke pot for example, once they turn 16 or so, but only inasmuch as it doesn't interfere with their real responsibilities like schoolwork, social life etc. I'd basically treat it the same as video games or any other leisure activity. Some soft drugs, like psychedelics for instance, I'd ask them to hold off on until they're a bit older so as to avoid any possible developmental issues.

3) I wouldn't raise a child to stay away from drugs, I've seen how well that works (not at all). I wouldn't encourage drug use either, but I'd make sure they were educated and capable of making responsible decisions about drugs. I think it's a lot more important to raise them with the right attitude towards drugs, and a lot safer for them, than it is to just say "DRUGS ARE BAD IF YOU DO THEM YOU BAD TOO" and ignore the issue. I'd try to teach them responsible use and moderation. The only drugs I'd ever introduce my teenagers to are pot and alcohol though since there's no way they wouldn't encounter those anyway.

4) Yes, needle exchanges are good. Junkies are gonna be junkies whether you give them clean needles or not, and I figure that junkies without AIDs are better than junkies with AIDs. Also, it's not very expensive relative to most social programs, and I'd prefer the government spend money on that then wasting more billions on moronic prohibitionist policies arresting teenagers with weed and the like.

Believe it or not i've only now managed to watch Requiem for a Dream. Pretty powerful movie. If there's one new thing i learned, is that it's much easier being a junkie if you're a girl. You just sell your body in a time of crisis.
Woooooooooow.

Wow.

Dude, i was ****ing joking.
Do you happen to know what the word "following" means? You may note that little disclaimer is at the end of your post. :thumbs:

Woooooooooow.

Wow.

Do you happen to know what the word "following" means? You may note that little disclaimer is at the end of your post. :thumbs:

Not to mention it's in that disgusting red font that color blind people like me can't see.

Not to mention it's in that disgusting red font that color blind people like me can't see.

I'll be more thoughtful next time... :|

Wait...if you're color blind how do you know it's red? (BB code?)

I'll be more thoughtful next time... :|

Wait...if you're color blind how do you know it's red? (BB code?)

I'm only partially colorblind, so usually if somebody tells me "this right here is red", after I stare at it for a while it starts to look more red to me. Only shades of red really throw me off, I can usually see bright red good enough.

I honestly didn't see the disclaimer till you quoted it for me, even though I saw question #4 and the little message to Sinkoman just fine.

Also, how old are you?

I'm only partially colorblind, so usually if somebody tells me "this right here is red", after I stare at it for a while it starts to look more red to me. Only shades of red really throw me off, I can usually see bright red good enough.

I honestly didn't see the disclaimer till you quoted it for me, even though I saw question #4 and the little message to Sinkoman just fine.
Well, i'll do better next time

Also, how old are you?

My age varies depending on where i am. ;)

Well, lets just say you can't develop a drug problem if you're chained to the wall in my basement. It's a bit of a non-issue really.

I know now why my threads fail. I too must put words in bold and use different color schemes.

Well, lets just say you can't develop a drug problem if you're chained to the wall in my basement. It's a bit of a non-issue really.
See, I knew this was the way to go. Mine keep getting addicted to rohypnol. Then again that problem usually solves itself.

DISCLAIMER THIS COMMENT WAS POSTED IN A JVERNE THREAD PLEASE READ ACCORDINGLY

Back