dual guns!!

torso boy

Reaction score
It looks like hl2 might have dual guns in it. If you watch any of the videos with crosshair in them you will notice 2 yellow semicircles around the crosshair if you watch closely, whenever the person shoots part of the yellow semicircle on the right goes away. the semicircle is basically a mini ammo bar, but there are two of them and only the one on the right ever gets smaller, so that means the semicircle on the left could be for a weapon in your left hand.

That is an amazing observation. I just saw it and your right. Great eye man.

Great eyes bro, good looking out. Awesome find.

Cool I didnt notice it too but what guns do you think we will have duals of?.

Rocket launchers that reload by merely lowering them, hearing the click click sound, and bringing them back up. Wait..that's goldeneye...

uhm, you're wrong, one side is the ammount of ammo left in the clip, the other is total ammo.

there could still be dual pistols but it really has nothing to do with the thing you pointed out.

He's talking about the crosshair, not the ammo count.

Xtasy you had to ruin all the fun :p. Oh well, the crosshair reacting to the gun ammo is sweet!

Edit: Wait.. I'm not sure since in the vids I think he has unlim ammo. I'm watching the Manip vid and he is reloading the pistol but I don't see the left side go down. I'm confused now.

Originally posted by Xtasy0
uhm, you're wrong, one side is the ammount of ammo left in the clip, the other is total ammo.

even if this was about the crosshairs it would be wrong because the left side NEVER MOVES

Originally posted by torso boy
even if this was about the crosshairs it would be wrong because the left side NEVER MOVES

Dual crowbars maybe? :dork:

Or could this be somehow related to left handed people (i.e. reflected models?)

Deranged with yet another good point! Oh the confusion!!!! I'm gonna stick with torso's duals though.

Originally posted by guinny
He's talking about the crosshair, not the ammo count.

im talking about the crosshair as well, its an ammo meter on the crosshair so you dont need to look down at the hud.

or could the left side all ammo just not have been completed in time for e3...

What about guns with two ammo types, like the machine gun with a grenade attachment?

Originally posted by Xelnein

thats what i'd assume, but also theres only about one reload per each sequence and i dont know how much it would move when you only reload once, also the crosshair on a light background makes it hard to see if it moved or not, someone should ask gabe or erik.

Originally posted by Apos
What about guns with two ammo types, like the machine gun with a grenade attachment?

are you saying the left would be for secondary ammo? that sounds plausable, more plausable than dual guns anyways.

more guns would have an alt fire as opposed to duals I guess... Sept 30th all can be answered :D

Originally posted by Gojin
more guns would have an alt fire as opposed to duals I guess... Sept 30th all can be answered :D

sooner if someone emails or chats via steam, ill ask erik if i see him on. gabe didnt answer my last two emails. i guess asking him the meaning of life wasnt going to get an answer, and asking him for cheatc0dez for HL2 was pushing it.

Lol. Some people on this forum would behead you for jokes like that :p. I think Erik is more lax on HL2 info. Hope you get an answer.

it could be secondary ammo, but not total ammo...why?...the shotgun at the spinning blade part was on its last load; the ammo count was 6/0; they could not reload, therefore the bar on the left would have gone down at the same time as the bar on the right, or it would have already been down all the way

Originally posted by Xelnein
and for this theory if they can finish one they would finish both..the only way they would do a detail as small as that is if they had enough time to do both sides

I say it is either secondary ammo, or dual guns ammo..and then maybe a second gun would count as secondary fire..

Yeah, i'll have to agree
It's either secondary ammo, although some guns don't have secondary ammo rather just a secondary fire option, or it's for dual weapons. Either could happen and both make perfect sense.
I really can't choose which is more likely as they both have flaws to them. lol
Very nice observation though. Never noticed it before.
:cheers:
Cheers!

ok i emailed gabe and asked if there were going to be dual guns, he said no, so there you have it.

Oh and btw, he replied to me at 12AM!! WHAT A DEDICATED GUY!

Well I guess that answers that. lol
Thanks for sending the e-mail to clear that up.
And WOW he is a dedicated guy!

It's past 3am here right now, but i'm not answering tonnes of questions. lol

Perhaps secondary ammunition is the purpose then. Or perhaps like what was previously stated, used for the left handed perspective.
:cheers:
Cheers!

Ok Black Falcon, I'll believe you emailed him and he simply said no. And you made no attempt to give us proof of this email.

I think someone said it was HP because the bar moved when you got shot. I didn't see this myself but I remember reading it from another post I think.

-Straylight

Apos
Prowler

Just thinking the same thing my self m8.:)

Originally posted by Straylight
I think someone said it was HP because the bar moved when you got shot. I didn't see this myself but I remember reading it from another post I think.

-Straylight

I was about to say this ^^

This is the most plausable explanation, it fits well too. The two most important things are the ammo in your clip and health. Also they correspond to both, health on the left and ammo on the right, I'll watch and see if I can pick up movement when he's hit.

You really going to be that stubborn guinny? Cause i can email you a screenshot, or oh wait, maybe you could email him yourself and find out!

i wouldnt base myself on those movies, it probably shows a tester playing....in GOD mode en obviously with an ammo cheat, adn imo i think most of those levels will be allot different.
Lets put it this way, what we have seen now might just be the tip of the mountain, be sure that all most of what were talking about now will be unimportant while playing the game

if you watch the hud:

- he doesn't have god mode.
His HEV suit power goes down about 1 per bullet that hits him, like in easy mode.

- He doesn't have unlimited ammo in the street battle part, he goes back out into the street to pick up some ammo.

If you watch the hud, you can see his stats change.

uhh about the crosshair.. I have to agree with the secondary fire thingy. that's what the second part of the crosshair is for.

anyone playes aghl? just look at the mp5's xhair you'll see a part for the nade and a part for the gun itself.

Nades? Check if it goes down when he throws em :)

Or maybe it's stamina :O God forbid

from all the discussion about reloading I wonder if it will be as realistic that you will lose the bullets if you reload before the magazine is empty?

I'm pretty sure the left one is a health meter. It's relaly hard to see, because they have like, 10% damage enabled.

When we get the direct feeds I'll get some proof, i'm not gonna re-download that shaky cam thingy :p

The crosshair is cool, ( + ) where the ")" is for ammunition clip! it goes down when your ammunition goes down. turns red when you should reload.

Originally posted by jhero
The crosshair is cool, ( + ) where the ")" is for ammunition clip! it goes down when your ammunition goes down. turns red when you should reload.

Roger that! But the real question is, what is the "(" for???

Yeah, some sensible to me. Quite a possibility.

One time i accidently clicked lefthanded in DF2 without noticing... Even tho everything is exactly the same and yer first person view is perfectly fine... I got slaughtered. It just felt so damn awkward lol. seeing the gun come from the other side of the screen... *shudders* scary.

Well this crosshair thing has been discussed before. The first time that it was posted people came to the assumption (spelling?) that it was the health being diplayed on the left side of the crosshair.

Having your health displayed is a good idea because you dont want to have to look down in the middle of a battle to see what your health is.

Back