Duck...and Cover!!

Dandan

Medic
Reaction score
Doomed Russian Mars Probe Just Hours From Crashing to Earth

A botched Russian Mars probe is just hours away from a fiery doom when it plunges into Earth's atmosphere in a fatal crash, but it won't fall over the United States, Russian space officials said today (Jan. 15).

The spacecraft, Russia's Phobos-Grunt Mars moon probe, has been stranded in Earth orbit since its November launch due to an engine failure that prevented it from beginning its journey to the Red Planet. The probe could fall any time between 11:41 a.m. EST and 4:05 p.m. EST (1641 to 2105 GMT), but exactly where the spacecraft will crash is uncertain, Russian Federal Space Agency (Roscosmos) officials said in a statement.

According to the latest prediction from Roscosmos, the final orbits of Phobos-Grunt will pass over much of South America, Asia, Europe and parts of Africa and Australia. North America, including the United States and Canada, and most of Central America are in the clear, since the Mars probe will not be flying over those regions, according to the map.

http://www.space.com/14246-doomed-russian-mars-probe-crashing-soonh.html

Hoping this thing just splashes in the Ocean

I hope its hits that ****ing greenpeace boat that keeps harassing those Japanese whalers.

What about it hits a whale in North Korea while we're at it?

I hope it hits Putin's house, while he's still in it.
Oh, someone's knocking at the door BRB.

I hope it lands in my backyard because that would be pretty sweet.

"I hope" general

Somewhere in the infinity of the multiverse, there is an Earth where hurtling space junk is about to hit the back yard of the house that Hokey shares with an exiled Vladimir Putin on the back of a giant whale-colony policed by the DPRK.

^^ Sounds like the premise of a Dr. Who episode. Derp.

it landed in the Ocean they said. Also I'd love to live on a planet with less water

Back