E3 2010

Well maybe they aren't going to be making any announcements. IIRC they've used the EA booths before though.

I think they're going to be updating that list between now and before E3 2010.

I'm pretty sure that Valve will be there and for the love of God they BETTER not show a Left 4 Dead 3 or anything having to do with L4D at this point. They better show Episode 3 or Half Life 3 or anything else that they are working on. Just not L4D I have just played these games to death at this point. I'm sure others agree.

Well Valve have booked a room for GDC in March, who knows what they'll show.

i would love to be wowed and Valve saying something like yeah its almost done and will be out in 3 months!

Well Valve have booked a room for GDC in March, who knows what they'll show.

I have said this over and over. They won't show anything at the GDC, valve are there just to interview new potential employees, it even says it on the valve jobs website page.

Wouldn't it be awesome if Gabe just walked up on stage at one of these events, took out a remote with a big, red button, pushed it and said "Episode Three is now available for preorder on Steam."

They have Doug Lombardi for a reason. I think it always goes like this: one year for advertising, three months for preorder, one month for preload, and the big release. I also like how Lombardi makes Gabe shut up when he starts talking about something.

Doug Lombardi is the devil. He might be a nice person in real life, but in the Valve Co. imaginary world I have set up in my head, he is the holder of all the secrets, the keeper of the keys. That being said, I ALWAYS get suspicious when people make new accounts to post cryptic information on these forums, whether or not it ever leads to anything... because of the "whether" instances in the past in which it has. I swear, if any of you are Valve pseudo accounts, you will hear me. This strategy of silence is the evil from which all of mankind's misfortune has sprung. We were all peaceful souls in bliss right till the moment your PR department decided to conduct it's business in this manner. It changed the future and RETCONNED THE PAST, every wrong choice that anyone has ever made in their lives, every misfortune, every pain of the spirit and the flesh IS BECAUSE YOU WON'T SAY SHIT ABOUT EPISODE 3. It's not even just that you won't give game details. It's that you won't even tell us what possible reason for this could be. Change of long term release strategy? Experimental game technologies? Month-long storyline brainstorming orgies? Hell, if you give up on an idea that you've told us about, IT'S OK! It's been ok in the past! Who cares if you don't give everything you show in a video. WE WILL FORGIVE YOU FOR IT. It just fuels are appetite for more of what you will throw at us in the future. Just because I didn't get to fight a Hydra in HL2 doesn't mean you shouldn't show me a half-blurred clip of a snow-covered garg toenail clipping. DO YOU REALIZE WHAT KIND OF FURVOR WOULD ERUPT FROM SUCH A PHOTO? And here's the thing: If you did, and there was no bloody garg in EP3, every single person to play the game would still enjoy it. And if someone has given up on all that this series has to offer because at some point you all didn't follow through with something, well by all means allow me the opportunity to go and fiddle with their insides with a red hot poker.

At the very least, you could tell us what you've thrown out. Hell, we would eat that up like gold plated std-free orgasm breakfast flakes at this rate.

I doubt they read any forums. Remember the "Kim Swift and Erik Wolpaw are getting married" thread on Steampowered forums?

They probably don't anymore. We've all grown bitter and stagnant. Or just moreso. But oh did they use to. I remember they were reading these forums AS WE WERE POSTING, and updating that damn viral site as we were conjecturing on what the hell everything meant and what was going on. Updating IN RESPONSE to our conjecture. Hah. I can't remember the link now... doubt that site even exists anymore... I remember we looked everywhere for clues on what was next. Freaking birds in the source code. Good days... better days...

I have said this over and over. They won't show anything at the GDC, valve are there just to interview new potential employees, it even says it on the valve jobs website page.

Uh, no they are not just there to interview potential employees.
Valve gives a presentation at GDC every year usually just about the tech and design choices of their games. See here http://www.valvesoftware.com/publications.html
We Most likely won't see EP3 but we may get a sneek peak of the new tech Valve are building for Ep3.

They probably don't anymore. We've all grown bitter and stagnant. Or just moreso. But oh did they use to. I remember they were reading these forums AS WE WERE POSTING, and updating that damn viral site as we were conjecturing on what the hell everything meant and what was going on. Updating IN RESPONSE to our conjecture. Hah. I can't remember the link now... doubt that site even exists anymore... I remember we looked everywhere for clues on what was next. Freaking birds in the source code. Good days... better days...

I think the guy who was responsible for secret pages was someone nicknamed TheQ!, or something. I don't know his real name, he works at Valve. He had a lot of photos (including Gabe the pirate) from Valve on his Flickr account, but he started to remove them when people started to make fun of them (bastards!).

I remember the little game where Gordon always die at the end somehow (there was no good ending), secret screenshots, and so on. I'm glad they did a similar site for Portal.

I heard about those sites but I never saw any of them ;(

Back