E3 2013 Games Thread

Holy shit.

I'm going to have to bite a big one and bend my boycott of EA, god damnit.

anyone else find it kinda sad how it seems everyone but valve is announcing games people have wanted for ages? mirrors edge 2,battlefront3,final fantasy15,kingdom hearts3. I know you have to be patient and all but come on, final fantasy 15/13vs is finally releasing and that's saying something. half-life 3 feels just all alone now on a list of wanted sequels, hell not even half-life 3 but I want some kind of game information out of valve, their people have to be doing something besides dota2 and TF2.

Sad, yes. But considering Valve is turning into a hardware company, can't show any games if they don't have any games to tease.

Hello, everyone! I was searching the Wiki of E3 2013. When i was looking around, I see a word Valve with thier game "Half-Life 3" that will be on PC, Xbox 360, Xbox One, Playstation 3, and Playstation 4. This is very unusual or not. This may be confirmed.
jUu9VHO.jpg

The wiki can be edited by anyone, so I wouldn't count on that being true. Valve already confirmed they wouldn't be at E3 this year.

It could be true, or it could also be false, Krynn.

I may understand. Thats a very unusual way of wording it or not.

i might or might not follow what you mean. i dont know, but i could know that i might or might not know that i follow what you could or could not be saying.

anyone else find it kinda sad how it seems everyone but valve is announcing games people have wanted for ages? mirrors edge 2,battlefront3,final fantasy15,kingdom hearts3. I know you have to be patient and all but come on, final fantasy 15/13vs is finally releasing and that's saying something. half-life 3 feels just all alone now on a list of wanted sequels, hell not even half-life 3 but I want some kind of game information out of valve

yes ive noticed. i was gonna make a thread about it, but i figured the usual suspects would get mad at me for speaking my opinion, and the thread would just turn into a flame war.

i went through the floor plan on E3's site just out of curiousity. even though i knew valve wasnt going to be there...its so depressing to not see any sort of valve both. its like valve doesnt even want to acknowledge they are apart of the video game industry.

ive gotten so tired of waiting for HL3 im starting to forget about it. valve has slowly turned HL3 into a dirty word around the internet. valve's silence has alienated its community from day one, because valve has always been known to listen to its community and improve its products off community feedback.

but with HL3 they do the opposite. i do not buy this silent treatment anymore because of how prolonged its been. it is like trying to date a girl you like and all she ever tells you is "im not ready for a relationship" but never tells you why and still tries to be your friend.

i just completely ignore it at this point. it has become so counter productive because all valve does is put up the wall and shut you out when HL3 is the topic of conversation. gabe's quote about how they are just waiting for a game to roll out the source2 engine is rather insulting to the entire HL community...because its valve pleading ignorance. as if HL3 wouldnt be a game to roll out the source2 engine with.

if hes trolling, its even more insulting because of how dire the situation is. valve has been playing the "we know you will come crawling back no matter what we do" card for a number of years now.

it sucks because it just overshadows all the other developments and shit they are working on. they dont get that; or they do and straight up dont care because once again "we know youll come crawling back no matter what we do."

it causes a minority to suffer greatly. i am in that minority. thanks valve. i love what youre doing with dota2. i cant wait to buy a steambox to fill the void that HL3 has left.

EDIT: this is speaking hypothetically, but id hate to be working at valve right now, watching E3 and all the next gen games being announced with trailers and realize "****, HL3 is way behind. we are gonna have to go back to the drawing board on this one...again."

their people have to be doing something besides dota2 and TF2.

Stars Of Blood, anyone? LOL

in my mind ive always believed valve to have HL3 and a secret project in the works. they have to. HL3 will end the HL saga, and they will need another Portal/HL-esque title to continue propelling the company. CS: GO, DOTA2, and TF2 wont compensate for having a Flagship title driving your company like Portal or HL does.

"if you are not planning for the future, you are already left in the dust." - Gabe Newell (the quote isnt exact, but i dont have The Final Hours of Portal 2 installed to get the quote right)

Sad, yes. But considering Valve is turning into a hardware company, can't show any games if they don't have any games to tease.

thats even more insulting at this point because we all know valve is working on the Oculus Rift, Steambox, SFL and the source2 engine. they really have nothing to show?

E3 =/= video game convention
E3 = electronic entertainment expo
CES = consumer electronic show

electronic entertainment is the same as consumer electronics because consumer electronics are ment for electronic entertainment.

this tells me they are hitting alot of snags/bumps in the road/massive errors and bugs. that is what usually holds up software/hardware R & D. i know from experience through working with SteamKit

if they flat out just dont want to show anything until its ready...theyre just going to frustrate us and people will stop waiting for valve to make a move.

valves gonna miss the boat if they dont have anything announced before the PS4 and XBone are put onto shelves. because people will just buy a PS4. by the time a Steambox is released (who knows how long afterwards...6 months or even 1 year) no one will have money to buy one even if it is set at $500. period. everyone looking to upgrade to next gen equipment will have either bought a new PC or a PS4/WiiU already.

if people are going to go out and upgrade their PC for ~$500 with parts that are equivalent to the steambox...

the steambox would become redundant before it even launches. valve cannot keep holding back. this is not a good time to be late to the party.

Well to make a full game, it does take a number of years. If you've given up on ep 3, I understand.

It's been 6 years without a peep from Valve. It wouldn't surprise me if it was put in the trash bin like Stars of Blood and Prospero.

It's pretty telling when Marc Laidlaw is on twitter with BreenGrub because, in his words, he cannot give a new HL game.

It's been 6 years without a peep from Valve. It wouldn't surprise me if it was put in the trash bin like Stars of Blood and Prospero.

It's pretty telling when Marc Laidlaw is on twitter with BreenGrub because, in his words, he cannot give a new HL game.

Who is breengrub? Is that his alias, or someone else?

Really stoked for that. If it manages to fulfill even half of what it promises to do, should be an excellent game.

Did anyone try the Final Fantasy XIV beta? I tried the public one this past weekend, got pretty addicted, already preordered.

Oh what's The Division, must be interesting if everyone's talking about it so mu- Tom Clancy’s The Division oh, Tom Clancy, **** that shit.

It actually looks pretty neat, pointless-yet-obligatory branding or not.

Yeah, at this point Tom Clancy is merely flavor text for the game's title. At most there might be a reference to a character from another game, I wouldn't put any stock into it.

The whole scenario it's set in sounds very Tom Clancy.

Back