E3 2014, is there any hope?

MindCrack

Hunter
Reaction score
One question came to my mind. Is Valve going to E3 this year? Some say yes, other - no. Seriously what is going on? I can't see them in Exhibitor list...

What the ****'s a hope?

E3 hasn't made me excited since 2007.

2010 also kind of counts because of the surprise Portal 2 PS3 announcement and trailer.

I can't see them in Exhibitor list...

Well...?

They're in the middle of working on their next-gen engine and games, as well as Steam Hardware and the OS. We have to wait at least until 2015 before we see new software from Valve.

And if I remember correctly they don't have a booth. So the answer pretty much seems a big "NO".

I think they do have a business room in e3 for, well business purposes only. They don't have a booth, and haven't had one in years.
So, no, no HL3 or anything with a 3 in the title at this years e3

I bet Valve will want whatever announcement they have planned to be a huge event that captures everyone's attention. I doubt they'd want to compete with all the other game companies for attention in E3. Not until they actually have something to show off.

Just read this. So I guess it's a "no".

No idea how trustworthy this website is though...

E3's definitely out of the question this year, but it's still possible that Valve might be hosting their own presentation a la Nintendo to prepare for the official launch of the Steam Machines, which as far as I know is still supposed to be sometime this fall. There's still a lot about the Steam Machines that we don't know, and I've been wondering if a self-run Valve presentation about them and perhaps about some other projects like Source 2 might potentially happen?

If something like that happens, then, there's a very small chance Half Life 3 might play a part. But even though I'd argue we have a better chance of seeing it this year than we have any time in the past five, it's still not exactly what I'd call a good chance.

That Escapist article is from a year ago and it's actually just referencing a fake leak that got passed about a bit last summer, though. So yeah, Valve won't be announcing anything at E3, but that article takes a statement that was pretty much "this obviously fake email is obviously fake" and turns it into "Valve's said they're totally not doing anything at E3 2014 a full year in advance!!" so they could write a title that sounded like Valve had made a statement on HL3 itself. Pretty sensationalist.

I fear something like this might happen one of these days...

Half-Life 3 is in here *points to head*, and in here *points to heart*

I can't find any good reliable information on this.

All I can see on the internet is how there will be no HL3 and I'm just wondering if they will even be present or not, that's all.

Thanks!

HL3 fanaticism aside I would really laugh if someday Ricochet 2, was actually Ricochet 2

I meant in this thread. I believe that they're announcing L4D3 and it's possible (from what I've read) a trailer for HL3. Although, this is just me.

Tangentially on-topic: I'm starting to think that Nintendo has the right idea about E3 (and other press conferences) with Nintendo Direct. At first, I thought they just wanted to cheap out on E3, but I've had so much more fun with the well-produced Nintendo Direct videos than I have with any E3 conference in years.

In a surprising turn of events Gabe Newell makes a special E3 announcement regarding Half-Life 3...

...In Tomodachi Life

Valve has been releasing 1 game a year lately. So if my calculations aren't wrong, we are going to see a Leaf 4 Dead trailer this Fall.
Which makes sense actually, l4d is the best game to show what the new engine is capable of.

Valve has been releasing 1 game a year lately. So if my calculations aren't wrong, we are going to see a Leaf 4 Dead trailer this Fall.

I highly doubt we're getting a Valve game this year.

I highly doubt we're getting a Valve game this year.

Do you mean they are going to bind the relese of their next game to relese of Steam controller and Steam OS in 2015? Don't forget they moved TI4 from August to July, which means they have plenty of time to prepare for Gamecon in Colone. I want to believe.

In what way is this a true statement?

Hundreds of zombies getting thorn into pieces.

Back