Easter Eggs and Secrets

Reaction score
Following in the tradition of the original sin game, emergence is also packed with easter eggs and hidden bits. I declare this thread in the name of uncovering Sin ep1's secrets and easter eggs

For starters. In the office areas you can here the recording at some points mention a certain type of report needing a cover sheet. Obvious office space reference.

Also when going from the parking garage to the 2nd floor of the lobby in the sintek tower. If you jump the railing in front of you you'll find a kinda secret stash of gear, however, if you run/bunnyhop as fast as you can back up the parking garage area there will be a door near to the van (the one that had flaming barrels in it earlier) that will be open for a short amount of time that will give you even more gear.

There are also two areas where you can find a Dopefish. They are really easy to find, just explore any areas with water and you'll find them. I've also seen screenshots of a Sin version of the 'What is love' YTMND somewhere in the game, but I have yet to find it.

In the bloopers, they stoner tramp guy fella talks about the evil "Russian" guy, then someone else butts it about him not being a Russian, but an Eastern European, at which point the fella gets told to "SHUT UP".

An obvious refererence to those "Where Is City 17" arguments.

almost forgot about the dopefish. I only found one of them in the water area just outside the beached tanker. Where's the other one?

I think the Dopefish you found was the second one. I remember the first one being near where you first see the lighthouse, when you walk on to a walkway and it breaks and you fall in the water it's behind you. Not right behind you, but kind of around a corner.

Yeah it's between the two boat houses before the lighthouse.

A Simpsons reference.. I think. The two workers when you first arrive at the dock talk about Lenny and Carl. Possibly a coincidence.. but I took it as a reference.

When you first enter the fuse puzzle area in the highrise, if you go past the forklift and climb over the fence, you will find a weird bar with little meat pancake looking things dancing to music.

MeatPuppet said:
When you first enter the fuse puzzle area in the highrise, if you go past the forklift and climb over the fence, you will find a weird bar with little meat pancake looking things dancing to music.

Picture?

Alot more than two dopefishes :p.

I've gotten every secret except the very last one on the last level. Gonna check on ritualistic to see if anyone's gotten it yet... Right now it's believed to either be a requirement like actually get there on hardcore, have all item crates, or similar. Or a glitch.

I'm sure you all noticed the phones, but did you notice the ads everywhere that give you numbers to call? There are a few dozen, though you often need max-graphic textures to read the digits.

Most secrets are just minor nooks and crannies with extra stuff, but some are pretty cool or funny. Like the bar someone mentioned, and some have funny signs :) There is also a fun secret level, that will apparently be multiplayer. The only way I know to play it is using console: map se1_u4lab05
Though it might be possible to reach it from one of deathstalkers (the U4 lab mapper) noclip secrets. I don't recall his exact comment about it.

Honestly it's worth dealing with poor performance playing with high texture graphics just to read all the signs and such :D

Another hint, don't drink too much soda...

BAR, not the same as seeing/hearing it ingame though, has a cool short music bit to go with it.
bar.jpg

A funny sign secret. DNF = Duke Nukem Forever
dnf.jpg

there needs to be a secrets guide written up, so that I, the lazy player can systematically go through the game and see everything without having to manually look under every stone.

I know that on the last level, after the scene with Radek, if you noclip upto the top of the building without triggering the giant gray thing to appear, the two chaingun guys who are usually up there will be dopefish, and won't respond to you, but if you kill them, they die as chaingun guys do, but the dopefish stay there until you backtrack and activate the boss fight

Arcrath said:
I know that on the last level, after the scene with Radek, if you noclip upto the top of the building without triggering the giant gray thing to appear, the two chaingun guys who are usually up there will be dopefish, and won't respond to you, but if you kill them, they die as chaingun guys do, but the dopefish stay there until you backtrack and activate the boss fight

*Teh Spoilers*
Those dopefish are part of the second (and possibly third) secret on the last level. (They are an extra reward) If you beat upsidedown tower you get em to fight for you against the monster + chopper.

Secret 43 is the upside down tower. After the chat with Radek, keep going around, but look down. On the walkway you should see a rough "<-" arrow. Follow it, take a leap of faith, and you land on an invisible platform. Jump back and the door that had an unmoving handle will now be open (it's around the corner from the arrow). Hop down into the violet light, and you end up in the upside down tower. It is HARDCORE. I've only seen one screenie of someone managing to beat it w/o cheats. Get to the base of the statue, and you win the level. Reward is a megahealth, 20 crates or so, and two minigun dopefish allies.

"Do you have stairs in your house" is a phrase used by members of the Something Awful forums to find out if someone else is a member.

The only good thing i fond was if you look at Jessica Long enough she says "what are you looking at?" :(

I found this yesterday, just before entering the offices:

danger7si.jpg

well, i saw some of those things and also if you look at the company of
the forklift in that room where radek is, it's written on it: "Liften schitt"
That pronounces as Lifting shit.

do you have stairs in your house is a lyric from the song "terrible secret of space" which was based on a somethingawful irc joke where a scientist aparantly develops two robots to protect humanity from the terrible secret of space. A Shover Robot who pushes, and a Pusher Robot that shoves. The robots end up pushing/shoving people down the stairs.

I don't know if this is anything grate but there is a Soda machine that says “Now your just being greedy” and drops a grenade if you keep pushing the buttons. (Pissed me of because it killed me and i forgot to save)

haha thats pretty cool

does anyone know all the phone numbers to call?

I found a couple other little "secrets" so to speak: The soda machines talk.

The red one with a big can of "Hammer Cola" says these lines:

-"Thristy? HAMMER it!"

-"Drink Hammer Cola, get Hammered."

Another one has a purple bottle on it and it has "Grape" on it:

-"Grape: Ninjas love it, so should you!"

-"Grape: Nothing comes close." (Or something like that.)

Flyingdebris said:
there needs to be a secrets guide written up, so that I, the lazy player can systematically go through the game and see everything without having to manually look under every stone.

Oh I so much agree with you that you have no idea. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Under a cardboard box on a bench near where u first enter the highrise near the end of game there is a phone number writtten on bench. type that into the phone and you hear a little story. At the time couldn't quite understand what it was all about, but it sounded like a it guy in the building gave some guy a bunch of flowers, a little gay crush I think, and one of the guys was thanking the other guy for the flowers. I may be wrong, At the time it was quite funny reminded me of doom and the pda stories you heard. I'll try and find where exact loctation is tonight.

That G-Man spray tag was also in HL2.

Back