Easter Eggs

could anyone post a pic of the creamtor's head from eli's lab? i cant really get on my game right now..thanks a bunch.

lasagne said:
could anyone post a pic of the creamtor's head from eli's lab? i cant really get on my game right now..thanks a bunch.

I could probably do it for you.. but I don't know what that is you're referring to.. Can you explain..? Any ol resolution ok?

in eli's lab, supposedly he has a jar with a "creamtor's" head in it. I missed it my first time through, so any help would be great, thanks.

lasagne said:
in eli's lab, supposedly he has a jar with a "creamtor's" head in it. I missed it my first time through, so any help would be great, thanks.

Oh.. is that what that thing is..? I never heard it called that. What's a Creamtor? How'd you know this? Just curious.. I'll get you a pic.

Ok.. here's one..
d1_eli_010047.jpg

and a closeup:
d1_eli_010049.jpg

And here's a little pic for anyone who might have missed.. more of a story bit than an easter egg (though some people posted the pic with Alyxs mother, so..)

If you look at this one too, Eli talk a bit about the 7 hours war and how Breen organized the surrender of the human race and was rewarded by the combine with power.

d1_eli_010050.jpg

That bottom left is a bit hard to read at this res, sorry, it says:
"Black Mesa Admin Charged with Human Affairs Bureau"

I know one. When you start off the game, the part where on of the Combines but is actually one of your guys. He walks youi into this hallway with two doors, the first one, if you crouch and see through a little hole, it will say something on the floor. And the second door is where he shows you that it is actually your allie.

Did anyone ever find out what the rest of these words are?

Attachments

• hmm.jpg
    hmm.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 458
lePobz said:
Did anyone ever find out what the rest of these words are?

There's more than that even on previous posts..

It's written on the underside of the little gas mask thing that sticks out of the combine mask on the regular combine I think (not the white combine anyway)

FireCrack said:
cant even read it straight from the texture.

Ok, here's from a few pages back:

Originally Posted by Littlex
Well, i played around a bit in Photoshop, making the Picture brigther and stuff. Attached it tho.

It says something like:

Warning
Use of this ___ may
lead to the _TIKELY (< ??) death
of the user OR the Abmr (< ??) breath offleer (<??).

The white line is pretty uninteresting, it is a number code.

And then:

WARNING
USE OF THIS COMPONENT MAY
LEAD TO THE UNTIMELY DEATH
OF THE USER ?? THE A???A(there may be a letter missing here)
???HTE ???????
234- 3?43 -34?- 222-34

This is exactly what it says from what I can distinguish definitely, can someone find this texture?.

Maybe it might saying

WARNING
USE OF THIS COMPONENT MAY
LEAD TO THE UNTIMELY DEATH
OF THE USER OF THE APPARATUS
BREAHTE OFFLEER
234- 3043 -340- 222-34

Offleer? what the heck does that mean?

Heppyruk said:
About the masks that the combine use and what is written on them. It's real obvious if you've completed the game. *Spoilers* At the end when Dr Breen is going through the portal to the combines home world he says he can't breath the atmosphere there and they tell him he needs a host body (those tin can things u rode earlier). The reason the combine wear those masks is to breath in our atmosphere and the written dangers are just like health and safety warnings i.e. take off the mask and die LOL.
Sorry to say this so long after, but it's just too amazingly stupid to leave.
1. The Combine Soldiers are modified humans; they've never been to another world.
2. Those 'tin can things' are NOT host bodies; they are transportation for prisoners. A host body would mean he transfers his mind into someone(thing?) else's body, taking it over.
3. You cannot read something on the bottom of your chin.

ministryofmind, can you make ONE post without mentioning your blog URL?

Sorry to cook up some older posts, but I wanted to make some short points about them.

Rhalle said:
Earlier on these forums, someone posted the translation of the inscription: "Through struggle, to the stars."

I am pretty sure this is the correct translation, as it resembles the meaning of the proverb "Per Aspera Ad Astra". I am not sure what language this is, but the meaning is the same.

Shudder said:
I'm not sure if this is an easter egg, but on the second time playing, i managed to capture this at the last minute

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v250/dj_man_chan/d1_canals_010000.jpg

im starting to wonder if the gman and the vortigaunts have something in common

Did anybody notice that the logo in the upper right - and the background "texture" - is the same as on this picture?

http://www.halflife2.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=12700

Would mean that the G-Man was has been in the Citadel long before you get there... :cool:

c-Row said:
Would mean that the G-Man was has been in the Citadel long before you get there... :cool:

That's the general "Combine logo" isn't it?

c-Row said:
Yes, taken in Breen's "studio" - notice the background.

I don't see what point your trying to make, or what it has to do with gman. Mind, it's early in the morning.

Well, he is not just appearing on TV due to some strange reason, but he is infact somewhere inside the Citadel at that moment, very close to Breen.

I'm not sure whether someone's already mentioned this(didn't bother to read all 18 pages), but when I was in Kleiner's lab, I blew up the mini-teleport by porting too many things at once. Strangely, I haven't been able to do it again...

c-Row said:
Well, he is not just appearing on TV due to some strange reason, but he is infact somewhere inside the Citadel at that moment, very close to Breen.

No. It's just the set background, they are hardly going to change it.

AJ Rimmer said:
Russian letters, european buildings, european road signs, swedish gas pumps, baltic café, russian looking signs (I don't know russian, just guessing)
It's only in english because it's an american game, and also most of it's public understand english better than russian/polish/checkish etc etc
Also, new little odessa, Nova Prospekt, hello?
i';m originaly from Odessa, no really

Half-Life Source Forums said:
02-28-2005, 10:06 AM #348
Daniyar
Headcrab

please answer my question.
in which country the City17 is situated? future German? or....
Daniyar is offline Report Bad Post Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Daniyar
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Daniyar
Find More Posts by Daniyar
Add Daniyar to Your Buddy List
Old 02-28-2005, 01:08 PM #349
linchy
the guy everyone loves !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniyar

i think it was russia, solvakia it was between the boarders of russia and some other country.

02-28-2005, 01:25 PM #351
Calhoun
Ant Lion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniyar

Eastern Europe.

Makes sence and it backs up the statements :)

Here are some references to 1984 and We which HL2 was obviously inspired from.

1. In We the "Big Brother" and "Dr. Breen" type dictator character was called "The Benefactor.

2. After the battle in the rebel outpost where you get a buggy one freedom fighter runs over to a fallen comrade and screams "Winstons been hit!" Winston as we all know is the protagonist of 1984.

There are many more I'm sure.

You guys missed a spot on the city 17 thing. In the first level you hear someone saying
that's the thrid time he got replaced to a new city and that he liked city 9 better. I think he is the exact same guy you hear in the combine interrogation room before the slide is closed , saying something about a mistake. My theory : Humans are assigned to citites where they get work and food , thus scattering the families and decreasing the chance for rebeliion. The people that live togther are co-workers , and there are apartments for weapon factories , and others

I remember finding more latin somewhere towards the last level using noclip , I think it was Sandtraps. A shard of map with resistance symbols and graffiti. I also found a blocky text wich was hard to read , but I tought I saw
"Pater , Puella , Canum , Vir and a little later" and some other crabbles where i could only define diabolum and anima. Here comes an explanation , be ready

Pater means Father , Puella means Girl , canum means Dog and Vir means man . Deus means God and animus spirit/breath/soul

In Latin there is a connection between Pater and Canum , they are both parts of the "family" wich is a group of exceptions on the normal rule of substantives , I wont go further on this

now think
Pater : Father./ Gregori? or alexs daughter
Puella: Girl / Alex?
Canum : DOG?
Vir : Can mean hero or man / Freeman?

Diabolum mea,s Demon , wich i think points to Breen , and anima is breath/soul/spirit/voice , wich points to Gman This is all pure speculation ; but should give you something to think about

God luck trying to find it again , because i remmeber being a whole half our near it without noticing , and even on high the text stays speculation. Of course i'm stopping noone to give it a try and get us a screenshot , because we have nothing now.

Update : I've thougth about it and what if it was ea anima , ea diabolum , wich would mean "His spirit , His devil"

VincWZ said:
You guys missed a spot on the city 17 thing. In the first level you hear someone saying
that's the thrid time he got replaced to a new city and that he liked city 9 better. I think he is the exact same guy you hear in the combine interrogation room before the slide is closed , saying something about a mistake. My theory : Humans are assigned to citites where they get work and food , thus scattering the families and decreasing the chance for rebeliion. The people that live togther are co-workers , and there are apartments for weapon factories , and others

I remember finding more latin somewhere towards the last level using noclip , I think it was Sandtraps. A shard of map with resistance symbols and graffiti. I also found a blocky text wich was hard to read , but I tought I saw
"Pater , Puella , Canum , Vir and a little later" and some other crabbles where i could only define diabolum and anima. Here comes an explanation , be ready

Pater means Father , Puella means Girl , canum means Dog and Vir means man . Deus means God and animus spirit/breath/soul

In Latin there is a connection between Pater and Canum , they are both parts of the "family" wich is a group of exceptions on the normal rule of substantives , I wont go further on this

now think
Pater : Father./ Gregori? or alexs daughter
Puella: Girl / Alex?
Canum : DOG?
Vir : Can mean hero or man / Freeman?

Diabolum mea,s Demon , wich i think points to Breen , and anima is breath/soul/spirit/voice , wich points to Gman This is all pure speculation ; but should give you something to think about

God luck trying to find it again , because i remmeber being a whole half our near it without noticing , and even on high the text stays speculation. Of course i'm stopping noone to give it a try and get us a screenshot , because we have nothing now.

Update : I've thougth about it and what if it was ea anima , ea diabolum , wich would mean "His spirit , His devil"

yeah could be

VincWZ said:
I think he is the exact same guy you hear in the combine interrogation room before the slide is closed , saying something about a mistake.
Maybe that's because the same voice actor plays most of the less-significant male NPC's in the game (Leon, the two guys on the train in the very beginning, etc.). :thumbs:

Hmm

NOBODY has seen this easter egg?

In the last chapter, Dark Energy...

1-- Open up the Dev Console [~] (if this dosen't work, go Options--Advanced--Enable Developer Console)

2-- Enable Noclip - [noclip] inside the dev console

3-- Enable Notarget - [notarget] inside the dev console. This is so those damn Combine won't get you.

Back track to Breen's office... Then go down the hall. You'll enter an end chamber, you'll see a tube-like thing made of blue plasma.. Go down this shaft, and you'll see an HEV suit.... Odd... Hmm....

Here's a screenie:

http://www.halflife2.net/forums/images/attach/jpg.gif
Untitled-1.jpg

You might notice that you lose your Grav Gun..
Which leads me to my next cheat/glitch/easteregg

In the dev console, type 'Impulse 101' (without the quotes) to get all your weapons back. All of them. :p

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 356
Old, sorry

In the dev console, type 'Impulse 101' (without the quotes) to get all your weapons back. All of them.
No sh*t sherlock.

Old? Meh.. Didn't see it anywhere in this post.. I read the entire ... 19 pages is it?

Yeah.

No, not old... just the fact that you're pointing out a cheat code as if it were an easter egg. You lose your original grav gun because you get the upgraded version... after that, you need no more weapons...

It was posted on it's own thread in the singleplayer section.

heres something interesting i found..............

seems like something alyx made when she was a youngster

maybe kleiner is her god father?

Attachments

• d3_c17_010003.jpg
    d3_c17_010003.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 379
Back