Empires 2.21 is Now Available

DigiQ8

Tank
Reaction score
<div align="center"></div>

[br]
Empires Mod 2.21 has been released and ready to download. Check below for the change list and features:
  • Port to the Orange Box
  • Added Motion Blur
  • Updated maps
  • New weapon balance
  • New tank weapon balance
  • Muzzlesflashes and bullet shell ejection
  • Server statistics
You can download the client from here. And for server owners you can download the Server Version from here.[br]

For you who haven't tried this mod yet (I suggest you do), you can check the Quick-Start Guide here.[br]

In other news, the Empires mod team are featured in the new episode of ModDB's Modcast (starting about 13 minutes in).[br]

Oh and one last thing, Happy New Year!

Definitely going to check this mod out again. I downloaded it when it first came out, buggy and laggy as hell. Let's see how it is these days!

Well for 18 months empires didn't crash even once, but since 2.2 the commander crashes again sometimes. I'm sure it'll get fixed though.

Anyway, some awesome changes here.
I'm close to finishing a dark custom map for empires, and in 2.21 firing guns will light up the environment. I'm eager to see how it'll look.

Still the best mod out there imo

Aww I was hoping it would be a one click steamworks jobby, any possibility of that in the future?, I do like the idea behind this mod, I loved the RTS/FPS mix in NS, so I will most likely give it a try.

Looks nice, seems like Savage: Battle for Newerth but set in the future rather then.....the future (but savage is still fantasy...).

I'de rather this was a Steam jobby to.

Downloading, going to give this another try, can't remember why I stopped playing in the first place

What's with that logo image, lol. It looks like someone tried removing the light blue glow but when he selected it it didn't get through some of the smaller gaps.

8xoo74.jpg

Like the inside of the letters, and where the wedges get too thin like on the M and R, and between the E and S...

Who is responsible for this mess?

Digi, I'm assuming you took the logo image from their site and while cropping it somehow tried cleaning out the glow for some reason, and caused this.

That's weird, every time I try to join a game, it keeps saying the server uses a different table, or the map differs...

BLAH

I'll try reinstalling/redownloading 2.2

*EDIT* Oh, I got the full 2.2...but apparently you have to get the 2.21 after. Cool!

I had some awesome matches last night on the Austin server (All the UK servers die so quickly, yet I'm surprised to see 3/4 of the players on the american ones are still euro-folk :frown:), I can't believe I stopped playing this the first time round :D

Like the inside of the letters, and where the wedges get too thin like on the M and R, and between the E and S...

Digi, I'm assuming you took the logo image from their site and while cropping it somehow tried cleaning out the glow for some reason, and caused this.
Nah, it's just crappy JPEG artifacting.

Err, no, that's not what I'm talking about at all. JPEG artifacting could not possibly cause that.

What's with that logo image, lol. It looks like someone tried removing the light blue glow but when he selected it it didn't get through some of the smaller gaps.

8xoo74.jpg

I did not!

I haven't played this mod since its first release. Might give it another go when I get back from break.

Also: I find their website to be a massive eyesore.

Back