[ENDED] TF2 Halloween Update - Fourth Annual Spectral Halloween Special

Dr.IndianaJones

Diamond Content Creator
Staff member
Reaction score
Today, October 26th, marks the start of the the fourth annual Halloween update for Team Fortress 2. This year's Scream Fortress event is entitled "The Fourth Annual Spectral Halloween Special", and will focus on Merasmus the Magician, the Soldier's now enraged ex-roommate. Running from October 26th through November 8th, this update currently stands as potentially the biggest Halloween update yet.

merasmus-png.23806

First off is the Wheel of Fate in which Merasmus has booby-trapped the control points of a new Halloween themed currently unnamed King of the Hill map. Every time the control point changes hands, the Wheel of Fate spins. We believe this system will work similarly to the "Roll the Dice" system currently available on many custom servers, providing players with a randomised draw. Another point worth noting is an update to the gift spawn system. Now players will receive private gift spawns, which removes the previously chaotic battles over who gets the spawned gifts.

wheel of fate.jpg

Next up is a new Magic Spells system. Alongside the previous gifts which spawn on Halloween themed maps are new spells that allow players to change items in your backpack to give them new effects, such as - shifting paint colors, ghost summoning, flaming footsteps and much more.

magic spells.jpg

The third and final part of the update is a significant change to the Coaltown Mann vs Machine map...which is now populated by Zombies. Yes, Zombies. The updated MvM map is called Wave 666, which appears as an 'Event' redesign of the much loved Coaltown map. All of Gray Mann's robot attackers have been replaced with zombies, whether or not this is purely an aethetic redesign or a full gameplay change has yet to be seen.

wave 666.jpg
Along with everything in this update are two new Halloween Achievements in similar fashion to last year's achievements. Kill Merasmus to receive your first achievement, then make it to Skull Island to claim your currently unknown reward.

The Spectral Halloween Special begins later today, October 26th, so get out there and kill some zombies! Oh, and a magician. Kill him too. Don't forget to check out the older maps, Harvest Event, Mann Manor and Eyeaduct, all of which see the return of their resident bosses, Zepheniah the Ghost, The Horseless Headless Horsemann and MONOCULUS!

Attachments

• slide.jpg
    slide.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 6,387
  • merasmus.png
    merasmus.png
    149.5 KB · Views: 7,762
Updated the post to condense some of the info and include a few more details. :p

Pffft, give me a break I wrote this at 3 in the morning... :S

No break for you! Back to making thumbnails in the sweat shop!

Yeah yeah yeah...but where is the Dota 2 event!?

and what time we may get the update??? No not the valve time joke :(

This update seems pretty cool. I do think Merasmus is a little OP. Also Im running out of backpack space D: lol

Snipers equipped with Huntsmen can deal over a thousand points of damage if they target Merasmus' head, so a larger group can take him down easily.

The thing is as long as the whole group wants to help take him down, and as for my backpack space I have 300 items. I need to get/trade for a backpack extender or something.

Merasmus is almost not beatable
He's totally beatable, if the teams work together and with the right classes. If people keep fighting each other (or even just a few douchebags), it's a lot harder indeed.

He's totally beatable, if the teams work together and with the right classes. If people keep fighting each other (or even just a few douchebags), it's a lot harder indeed.

Merasmus is broken. Both teams shouldn't have to aim 100% towards him with stupid, very specific loadouts. He should be there to mess up the dynamics of the match and be defeated by a decent amount of gunfire first time round, not his current status where he has far too much health and leaves too quickly. Then, like Monoculus, he should returnat a higher level next time round.

So both teams finally decided to team up and fight Merasmus. Except for 1 spy who kept running around stabbing heavies.

Beat him with a team made up of a lot of huntsman snipers. He has pretty obscene amount of health. One gunslinger engineer kept ****ing it up and the server had vote kicking disabled :/

The potions are kind of cool. Dumped purple firey feet (called horseshoes I think) on my pumpkin head and exorcism on my backburner. Might go and fight the HHH again. I tried to play Wave 666 but the game crashed.

He should give other items like souls or potions after killing him more than once.

Back