Episode 1 Feedback and suggestions!

Her jokes were so lame that I dont know when she was talking strait or telling a lame joke that you could the "Crickets".

I almost felt bad for her... "Zombine, get it? ... Ohh... kay.. :(" "Just work on it. :)" *Pats alyx on the back.*

Actually, the way the story's progressing, I almost want to BE Gordon. MUST... GET... INSIDE... GAME!!!!!!!!!

Ep. 2 Suggestions Post

New Enemies: I was wanting a new synth and had my fingers crossed for Crab synth until I saw the Hunter in action, so I'm pretty much set on synths for Ep. 2 (Crab synth better suited for Arctic environment I'm guessing will visit in Ep. 3). A new antlion variation would be nice, could be bosslike (stronger than guard) or medium power (between antlion norm. and antlion guard). Also Combine Advisor, although I'm pretty sure we'll be fighting one of those (Breen?) already.

Gameplay: Looks great so far, like how NPCs interact with vehicles, also like having vehicles at all, like new environments, enemy AI looks outstanding (God bless Hunters and grenade ping-pong), more physics objects, and friendly AI needs work (not Alyx/Vortigaunts, Alyx is already awesome and Vortigaunts look crazy powerful in combat).

New Weapons: Please just one weapon, thats all I need, please. I don't care if it's friendly manhacks, flamethrower, or Portal Gun but please give us one!

Story: Who dies, what's in the transmission, is Breen dead, is Breen a giant slug, what's with rocket, what's "The Project", and is the GMan trying to have his way with Alyx?

Length: Atleast 6 hours.

Difficulty: Valve made Ep. 1 harder but they haven't reached the perfect difficulty yet.

Graphics: WTF? Am I trying to tell Valve to have good graphics? *smacks himself in head for being such an idiot* They'll be good.

There's a new Antlion variant - the poison antlion (worker?). Does that actually count? I don't know.

You mean the larvae/big-maggots? From the gameplay vids I wouldn't call them an enemy? Maybe you're talking about something I missed, hmm.... *watches vids again*

Edit: Wow. how did I miss that? I never even realized that those norm looking antlions were poison... although I do watch demo 1 the least.
That's cool but I'd still prefer to see a more powerful antlion. I wonder what else I missed.... HOLY SHIITE!! A Vortigaunt!

*Ahem* It was my post in response to your (Samon's) post commenting on my post (suggestions for Ep.2) specifically pertaining to an aspect of gameplay video 1 (poisin antlions) which you mentioned in your post which I mentioned earlier in this post. *Ahem* *Turns around, leaving Samon in stasis, as he walks through darkness and opens a door of pure light and walks though it into the light*

My suggestion is [and I'll start pleading for it soon if it doesn't get done!!]...

Make SMOD (version 37d/38 please - *not* the Tactical Delta ones) work for Episode 1! [if it does, please tell me how to get it to work ^^;]

*edit* I think I've figured how to do it, I'll just check...

*edit 2* It kind've works, but there's tonnes of bugs in there! so much so, that it feels like an alpha or beta version of Ep1

Just finished it.

It was pretty good, but I wanted to get out of the city, as I felt like a change. Looking forward to Ep.2, cause I can imagine there'll be quite a different atmosphere to the game.

Quite short, but very nice.

I've finished every chapter besides Exit 17. So far the game has been solid if a bit unremarkable.

Undue Alarm and Direct Intervention: Good atmosphere, meh gameplay. I'm not a fan of Super Gravity Gun combat. It bores me. I kept hearing about clever puzzles but tossing energy balls into holes isn't my idea of a clever puzzle.

Lowlife: Needed to be longer. The most interesting thing was the lack of light. This chapter was certainly not as good as Ravenholm.

Urban Flight: My favorite chapter so far. At first it seemed like a generic city level, but the hospital fight was badass. The music was thumping.

Hopefully I'll like Exit 17 more than most people did.

I have Upadted theGame From steam to 66% and after that

hey,
I have downloaded the Game Downloading/update to 66 percent from steam and their is a Dialog Box Saying "Launch the Game a soon as its ready" I have clicked it, An When the Download Reaches 66 % it load's the Game ,but after the Main Menuu it Hangs ,I press ALt+CTRL+DELEte to End the not Responding Task, I have seen in the Steam/SteamApps/MyNamefolder> it contains the HALf Life 2 EPisode One but only 188 MB in Size ,SO I am Resuming Update to 100 Percent will it solve the Problem, AN My PC is Intel Corre 2 Duo 2.33GHZ, 2 GB DDR 2 Ram, Intel GMA 3100 384 MB VRAM.
Please Help GUYS,
THanks

The bulk of the content for the game is not stored in the episode 1 folder. It's stored in the Steamapps folder. The .gcf files. "Episode 1 content" or something like that.

I'm not sure why your game launched at 66%. Let the game finish downloading, then perhaps Verify your game content.

Also, you should have made a thread for this.

Good but too short,the Zombie battle was pretty creepy but awsome. I liked the part where Dr.Kleiner is telling everyone to "do there part"... funny.

Probably A little late to post this, but I think I'll just post this to give my own 2 cents out. The Level design was great for most of Episode 1, especially with the underground parts feeling quite claustrophobic and creepy. I also liked the deep urgency of getting out of City 17 before the Citadel blew, with the damaged Citadel viewed constantly in the background, the destruction and deterioration of most of the streets, and the chaos that has ensued within the city. The upgraded lighting effects were also a nice touch, and so was the developer commentary. However, I did see a few problems with Episode 1 that I couldn't overlook. There was just 1 new enemy (just another variant of the Headcrab zombie, didn't wow me as much as the Hunter from Episode 2), there were no new weapons, there wasn't much story (It did a good job leaving you wonder just what was the 'discovery' Judith stumbled upon in her transmission) other than you and Alyx running for your lives, and I felt that Alyx overreacted in some of her scripted events (such as you taking down that Combine Gunship and taking down the Strider at the end). Most of all, I felt that it was just more of the city fighting parts of Half-Life 2. But it was still a good Episode. I'd give it 3 1/2 stars out of 5.

And i would love to see a stationary boss again, like those claw things in Half-Life. That was cool boss fight
that green thing , when u test fire the rocket?

its was wicked fun and stuff.. of course the story line and events were perfect (valve) but i feel like it was too short.
im hoping episode 3 is much longer than ep. 2 and 1, because they are taking their sweet time with it.

Back