Barnz

Retired Content Creator
Staff member
Reaction score
Found this on steampowered:

http://img258.imageshack.us/img258/5435/84714261ss3.jpg
picture.php

Source: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=722202

Oh well, it was going to be 3rd-party anyway.

I thought it was Ep3 then over to HL3? From what I read a long times ago. Never heard about an Ep4.

I thought it was Ep3 then over to HL3? From what I read a long times ago. Never heard about an Ep4.

yeah, this is the case... valve keeps calling it a trilogy and saying they'll stop after episode 3, so until i get a very credible source that there was going to be an Episode 4 and made by outside developers, its a complete rumor in my book, nice to know gabe was willing to make it clear...

That project won't happen, because the project will be something different. They won't end anything while it's extremely profitable. It probably means the new project will be Half-life 3 or something like that.

yeah, this is the case... valve keeps calling it a trilogy and saying they'll stop after episode 3, so until i get a very credible source that there was going to be an Episode 4 and made by outside developers, its a complete rumor in my book, nice to know gabe was willing to make it clear...

It wasn't a rumour. They were actually working on it (officially), and it had nothing to do with Gordon's adventures.

ITT Newell confirms that something that we had no reason to think would ever exist, won't ever exist.

Did they mention anything ever about a post ep3 HL?

yes, this has been mentioned a few times that there will be more gordon adventures after episode 3 according to doug lombardi. He also said "Hold on to your crowbars".

Well duh a ep4 wouldn't make sense.....

Yeah, I first saw that on Wikipedia, and I was like: WTF?! Then it when away one day.

I wouldn't be suprised if they made episode 3, then made a full-fledged HL3 (or should that be HL4... nah), followed by maybe some HL3: ep's. During the space between ep 3 and HL3 they'd probably have an expansion like Blue Shift and Opposing Force were.

I'm not sure they'd make a HL4, maybe they will finish with HL3 and have a couple of expansions from different chracters perspectives to bridge any gaps in the plot.

I'm not sure they'd make a HL4, maybe they will finish with HL3 and have a couple of expansions from different chracters perspectives to bridge any gaps in the plot.

We don't, nor do valve, even , know the rest of the story yet, so lets just wait to make claims like that. Agreed? :)

Man... that's a lot of commas...

Valve already said that Episode 3 will not mark the end of the Half-Life series but the end of the current story arch. They are fairly sure it will be a full length 20h+ game since they've had their fun with episodes and wan't to do something different :) So HL3 is likely going to be released in like 2036 knowing Valve :p

Wow, if it was released then I would kill myself. Lol.

But seriously, I think it will be released maybe 2012.

Valve already said that Episode 3 will not mark the end of the Half-Life series but the end of the current story arch. They are fairly sure it will be a full length 20h+ game since they've had their fun with episodes and wan't to do something different :) So HL3 is likely going to be released in like 2036 knowing Valve :p

Yeah September 30th 2036 will be HL3's release date knowing valve. It would be nice for them to make a full length game again like HL1 and HL2 someday.

We don't, nor do valve, even , know the rest of the story yet, so lets just wait to make claims like that. Agreed? :)

Fair enough, I wasn't trying to set the idea in stone, it's just the way I see things panning out from what I've seen so far.

This thread is all over the place.

Episode 4 was only EVER going to be third-party. Gabe obviously thought the guy who sent the Email believed it would be an official extension to the trilogy of Episodes.

Episode 4 might be dead, but Valve wouldnt know.

Who the **** is even thinking about Episode Four? It's only been a year since Episode Two, we've barely heard anything about Episode Three...?

Damn, stop playing bumper-cars with the threads guys, this is old news...

The only rumour with any credibility we heard was when someone at Valve was interviewed and said "I'd like a game where you play as Lamarr during the events of HL2. In fact... watch this space!" or something along those lines. It was either a joke or a hint as to what the third party expansion would have been.

It would have been quite cool though, with convenient things occurring whenever Gordon is supposed to be there. Who cares if it wasn't canon, it'd be hilarious if when Gordon arrives, a bucket falls on your head.

Ahh. We can but dream.

i dont get why would Valve let 3rd party developer make Episode 4. To ruin the series? not gonna happen. after episode 3 we will be waiting for HL3 and then hopefully HL4 unliess Valve decides to go with episodes again which i highly doubt.

i dont get why would Valve let 3rd party developer make Episode 4. To ruin the series? not gonna happen. after episode 3 we will be waiting for HL3 and then hopefully HL4 unliess Valve decides to go with episodes again which i highly doubt.

*cough* Gearbox *cough* :dork:

Back