Eve Online section please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

hool10

Tank
Reaction score
I really have caught onto this game. I got some help from Stormy and then joined a noob corp. Now there isn't anything stopping me from conquering the universe! I have Stormy, Atomic_Spark, and even CyberPitz on my friends list! Basically I see Eve Online as a hard game to learn initially. But you can't just give up and that is where maturity and dedication takes form. Most Eve Online players I have come into contact with are in their mid 20's and even more commonly 30's. Here are some facts that go against the most popular MMO, World of Warcraft:
  1. It's retardedly dumb. It's almost cartoonish to get everybody including your grandma to play.
  2. Everything is based on grinding.
  3. You must pay for expansion packs.
  4. No dedication.
  5. No sense of accomplishment.
  6. You cannot play with your friends. Your friends will most likely be on a different server.
  7. You can only be 2 professions at once.
Now here is the positives of Eve Online:
  1. Everything is based upon your playing and the skill points. Skill points are based on time on and off the game. Eve Online players have a life.
  2. Expansion packs are free.
  3. Dedication not to the horde, but to yor faction and most importantly, your corporation.
  4. A great sense of accomplishment in a fleet and owning something larger that a Star Wars Deathstar.
  5. Graphics are stunning. Even more so with the newest free expansion pack on March 10th.
  6. There is one server in Eve Online. It recently broke 50,000 players online and it's growing everyday.
  7. Be who you want to be and even a con artist.
Some trailers to impress you are here. On a quick note though, every ship, everything that looks like a set piece in the background except for planets are ships. Those ships you can obtain and use! Try and view them in HD if possible as well:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=maMjjUr6zIQ&feature=PlayList&p=F614A7A6461E61E1&index=5

This now is the latest trailer for the 10th expansion pack due March 10th:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNyfI4dv1dg

And here's the reason why there's not going to be an Eve Online forum section:

There's only currently one thread in General Gaming about it, and no-one has posted in that for two days.

DENIED.

And it's too boring and requires too much time to get anything done. :D

So we should make an Eve section because WoW sux?

Another 15$ a month game. Why do people spend their money on this crap?

I used to play Eve but it was too hard for me at the time. I'm thinking about getting to lvl 80 in WoW then giving that a break for a while

I played EVE.
I got bored.
Endlessly flying around in space and dieing doesn't tickle my fancy.

Because they enjoy it and feel it is worth the cost.

So shut the hell up and let people be.

I never got why people would spend their money on television either. But hey, their choice (and by the looks of it, EVE seems more interesting than tv shows to be honest).

I agree that EVE is a fun game, and a decent amount of players on the forum are on it...

but I don't think it's big enough for it's own subsection to become a barren wasteland in 4 months.

The other games subforums become barren wastelands too. /shrug

Yea, but doesn't it cost like a fortune?

I cancelled Netflix and let Eve Online take its place. So, it just sort of is just another bill for the month. Plus $15 a month isn't too bad.

I cancelled Netflix and let Eve Online take its place. So, it just sort of is just another bill for the month. Plus $15 a month isn't too bad.
I just did the same today. It's $19 a month with Blu-Ray on the account. You basically exhaust all the movies you want to see, and don't want to wait for the new season of a show so you go to Veoh or something. I'm saving $4 with Eve now.

I just started paying monthly for games/something like this...so I'm 15 behind :p

I only have 18 mil, you're screwed!
I got 44 mil, lulz. I'm getting my first big ship, Badger Mark II http://www.eve-wiki.net/index.php?title=Badger_Mark_II
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEeI4hiQwpg
It's mainly to haul around ore during mining op's with my corp, and mining. Not that much to train and is only 719,000 ISK. I find it funny that nobody I have met online has seen, in person, an actual Titan. It makes the allure, epicness, or mystery ever so enticing. :naughty:

Yeah, I've been using my Badger Mark II for a while. It's real nice. I've got 3 shield extenders and 3 hull extenders. It's quite nice.

anyone in Goonswarm that could vouch for me? :p

anyone in Goonswarm that could vouch for me? :p
They play dirty and attack new players. This happened to me tonight and is quite strange.

I had to run a courier mission in .4 sec status. When I got to my destination I saw a PVE rat in front of the gate. So I'm thinking "great, there is a bounty of 50k on the guy, nobody in local chat, lets blow him up". So I'm killing the rat when out of nowhere a guy named Mark Wick pops out of nowhere, and pops it. Half stunned, half angry that he stole my kill, I boot it the heck out of there. I warp to any station to avoid this guy.

Now the guy talks in local chat which I read is not the brightest thing to do. He said "want to go ratting with me?". I check his security status and it's a 2.8 and I figure he is safe. So I exit the station and the guy doesn't attack me so I'm thinking he is legit. We warp in a fleet to the nearest belt and spot our first rat. I unload on it and I blow it up for 50k and then it got fishy. This guy webs me and warps disrupts me. I'm thinking I was conned by a pirate and I'm desperately hitting the warp out button all while trying to harm the guy and repair myself. Well as he is doing this, he is saying "I'm getting bored out here. Don't worry, I'll give you money for a new ship. You should join my corp." By now I'm swearing like a sailor and I'm feeling conned and freaked out by this guy. He ends up blowing my ship and I warp out ASAP before he kills me. He says in chat "your still mad at me? Here is some money. You should join my corp btw.".

He gave me 8mil in ISK but I'm still angry because he took my first rat, blew up my ship that cost 3mil in ISK, and I lost all my modules with missiles. So I didn't think of asking for more money (should have screwed the guy over) but instead told the guy to **** off. I think their corp mates were out in belts ratting as well. They also blew up another player, probably for their "recruitment". On a side note, he also said that .4 sec is not CVA space but I thought 0.0 is not CVA space? His corp is also anti-pirate but I don't know if they know what their members are doing. The mission got done I strangely gained ISK from this too. :| The guy got blown up by CONCORD too.

Just a lesson for you folks out there:
  1. Never talk to strangers in low sec!
  2. Never stop for anything when in low sec!

2009.03.07 00:40:00

Victim: James Forest
Corp: Security and Strategy Corporation
Alliance: The Security Council
Faction: NONE
Destroyed: Caracal
System: Manjonakko
Security: 0.3
Damage Taken: 7360

Involved parties:

Name: Mark wick (laid the final blow)
Security: 2.7
Corp: New Dominion
Alliance: NONE
Ship: Harpy
Weapon: Light Ion Blaster II
Damage Done: 6908

Name: Guristas Silencer / Guristas
Damage Done: 452

Destroyed items:

Ballistic Control System I
Widowmaker Heavy Missile, Qty: 325 (Cargo)
Heavy Missile Launcher I, Qty: 3
Small Hull Repairer I
Small Shield Booster I
Thunderbolt Heavy Missile, Qty: 461 (Cargo)
Large Shield Extender I
Fleeting Progressive Warp Scrambler I

Dropped items:

Scourge Heavy Missile, Qty: 396 (Cargo)
Havoc Heavy Missile, Qty: 245 (Cargo)
Heavy Missile Launcher I
Power Diagnostic System I
Thunderbolt Heavy Missile, Qty: 18
Scourge Heavy Missile, Qty: 18
Widowmaker Heavy Missile, Qty: 18
Havoc Heavy Missile, Qty: 18
Salvager I
10MN Afterburner I

2009.03.07 00:51:00

Victim: Mark wick
Corp: New Dominion
Alliance: NONE
Destroyed: Harpy
System: Manjonakko
Damage Taken: 2629

Involved parties:

Name: Caldari Sentry Gun II / Corporate Police Force
Damage Done: 2176

Name: James Forest (laid the final blow)
Corp: Security and Strategy Corporation
Alliance: The Security Council
Ship: Unknown
Weapon: Warrior I
Damage Done: 453

Destroyed items:

Gyrostabilizer II
Cap Booster 100, Qty: 3
Light Electron Blaster II
Null S, Qty: 120
Small Shield Booster II
Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer I, Qty: 2
Sabretooth Light Missile, Qty: 760 (Cargo)
Cap Booster 100, Qty: 18 (Cargo)

Dropped items:

Small Capacitor Booster II
Warp Scrambler II
Gyrostabilizer II
Null S, Qty: 440
Sabretooth Light Missile, Qty: 34
Light Ion Blaster II, Qty: 3
'Malkuth' Standard Missile Launcher I
1MN Afterburner I
Null S, Qty: 75 (Cargo)

Your request for an Eve Online section was denied. You're not using this thread in the feedback section as your own personal Eve forum. Make a thread in General Gaming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back