Even wolves hate the band Creed

CptStern

suckmonkey
Reaction score
While walking home from the busstop this week, a 13-year-old Norwegian school boy stumbled upon four wolves. In the end, it may have been his love of heavy-metal music by the band Creed that saved his life.

Walter Eikrem listened to music on his mobile phone as he often does as he made his way home from school in the southern Norwegian town of Rakkestad earlier this week. The path leading from the stop where he catches the school bus to his family's farmhouse traverses a gently sloping hillside. All of a sudden, he made out something gray on the hillside. "At first, I thought it might have been the neighbor's dogs," he later told TV2, Norway's largest commercial broadcaster. What he actually encountered, though, were four wolves.

"I was afraid they would attack me," Walter told the Norwegian tabloid VG, describing the incident, which took place on Monday. But he didn't let his fear show. Remembering his parents' advice, Walter pulled the earphones out of his mobile phone, turned the volume all the way up and blasted heavy metal music over its miniature speakers.

The plan worked. Eikrem said he was able to drive away the wolves by playing the song "Overcome" by the American hard-rock band Creed. "They didn't really get scared," Walter said. "They just turned around and simply trotted away."

http://www.spiegel.de/international/zeitgeist/0,1518,740680,00.html

That reminds me of something I learned recently. In his journal, one famous person referred to the first audio recordings as devilish or a devil's box, or something. He found it completely unnatural and evil.

I remember my old cat appeared to be ****ing terrified of her recorded cat meows, especially if you changed the speed.

no really:

"bon jovi:

Genres: Hard rock, Glam Metal"

no really:

"bon jovi:

Genres: Hard rock, Glam Metal"

Glamour Rock, not Glamour Metal. There is nothing "metal" about Bon Jovi's music. The press is very confused when it comes to music genres it seems...

At first, I thought it might have been the neighbor's dogs," he later told TV2, Norway's largest commercial broadcaster.

Nice plug for TV2 there.

"Rock journalism is people who can't write interviewing people who can't talk for people who can't read."
-Frank Zappa

I don't think you guys are aware of how interchangeable hard rock and heavy metal were early on. :p

But yeah, Creed ain't either.

I don't think you guys are aware of how interchangeable hard rock and heavy metal were early on. :p

The hard rock band Black Sabbath. Hmm... somehow that doesn't sound right.

I hated Creed back in the late 90s when it was on the radio all the time and I hate it today. The wolves should have eaten the kid or at least broken his phone to encourage him to develop better taste in music.

My favorite thing about Creed is that the lead singer is a Christian and also a total asshole.

Heavy metal is hard rock that sucks.

But seriously, I consider hard rock to be more influenced by blues, than heavy metal. Led Zeppelin and Deep Purple are thus hard rock bands (among other things), not metal.

But seriously, I consider hard rock to be more influenced by blues, than heavy metal. Led Zeppelin and Deep Purple are thus hard rock bands (among other things), not metal.

See, maybe he was having this same debate with the wolves, and that's why they just turned and walked away.

metal is deep purple, sabbath and led zeppelin ..because that's where the name originated; british metal of the late 60's and early 70's. I'd throw in iron maiden, judas priest, scorpians and a few others but that's classified as new wave of british metal. after that it's just further splintering into sub-genres but for all intents and purposes "metal" is late 60's early 70's metal

ITT metal pretentiousness ahoy! The important thing is the wolves should have tore this kid apart for listening to Creed.

To anybody saying that Zeppelin isn't metal in this thread: that is a ****ing absurd proposition. Zeppelin invented metal and all that descended from it. Kneel before your gods, peon.

Yeah, they invented that shit just as surely as they [strike]stole[/strike] rescued it from some other, probably crappier bands!

Saved his life? How do you know it may have saved his life if his life wasn't necessarily even in danger? Come on... I expected gnawed legs or something.

Back