Eventual Website Name Change?

redphoxv

Reaction score
I don't have a say in this other than being a minor community member, but the way I see it, the halflife2.net community is really quite large for a site about a single game (even one as great as HL2), probably larger than any of the founding member(s) imagined when it was started.

So it is reasonable to assume that eventually Half-Life 2 will be out of the limelight completely and this community won't just magically dissipate because of this happening. The binding interests of this community seem to be Steam Games/Mods and Valve, with politics and gazebo construction thrown into the forums just for good measure.

In conclusion it should be called steampoweredvalve.net! Or something else more broad than that single title, at least in my opinion, eventually, with the halflife2.net domain linking to it.

That'd be a couple years down the line though.

This site is being merged with Bang Bros. in approximately one and a half years.

It's a bit of a shame but Munro said it was necessary. OH WELL.

This site is being merged with Bang Bros. in approximately one and a half years.

It's a bit of a shame but Munro said it was necessary. OH WELL.
All members will receive a free membership aswell. Too bad I have no use for it! TERRIBLE SHAME.

We've discussed this internally before, it looks like it's staying as Halflife2.net a while longer. Once that name is truly anachronistic, though, we'll see. It'll be a while yet, what with at least one more episode not even on the horizon.

HL2cosmmos.

If we must ever change the name of our fair site, I, like Badger's drummer, vote for 'Grandma Stalin'.

I feel like I shouldn't have understood that reference, Sulk.

steamvalve.net!

Like a valve that lets off steam. This is the only way to go with it.

I've never played nor know nothing about half life. I'm only here because you guys are hilarious. As long as General Off-Topic Chat is somewhere, I'm happy! :D

I have a feeling if the rest of the site dies, we'll create a new site called simply "GOTC". Then we'll put the name in brackets and become general asshats that the rest of the net despises.

I've never played nor know nothing about half life. I'm only here because you guys are hilarious. As long as General Off-Topic Chat is somewhere, I'm happy!

what the heck!!?? you fail at life..

I've never played nor know nothing about half life. I'm only here because you guys are hilarious. As long as General Off-Topic Chat is somewhere, I'm happy!

Play it. IMMEDIATELY. D:
Not knowing anything is good because when you decide you want to play, you get to play everything, Half Life, HL2, EP1 AND EP2, that's like what, 40 hours of gameplay?

I've never played nor know nothing about half life. I'm only here because you guys are hilarious. As long as General Off-Topic Chat is somewhere, I'm happy! :D

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT the hell is wrong with you

Hehe... I live a 5 minute walk from Stigmata... I'll talk to him about it tomorrow, when I go over to play Halo 3 XD

Nice, your words about not playing HL have started a huge chain reaction, which resulted in 7 messages in 10 minutes :O

We should just be HL2.net, where none of the letters or numbers actually stand for anything. :D

300 was SO last month.
Get with the times.

Tr0n has never played Half-Life 2 either, from what I know.

Back