Explosion in London Underground

sHaDdoW said:
if this happened else where they could not do anything either. Most secruity was protecting the g8 sumit

what about america? they get attacked and they start a war

we dont want to start a war - we should at least stand our ground by enforcing greater security in these heavily populated areas of terrorist interest

This was not good since the start.
This thread has skyrocketed, and updates faster than BBC and CNN almost...

XJR said:
what about america? they get attacked and they start a war

we dont want to start a war - we should at least stand our ground by enforcing greater security in these heavily populated areas of terrorist interest
as i said the terrorist intreast is higher in the g8 sumit with alot of the world leaders,also the buckingham palce has hundreads of armed guards around it

Well,

It was going to happen sooner or later. Horrible. Just horrible. I took an early train to reach the Docklands, but the Northern Line soon hit problems, and wouldn't stop anywhere. The trains were rammed, and they finally let us out at London Bridge. I stopped to grab a drink, and got back on the tube, then alarms are going off and everyone starts leaving the station. Absolute chaos. Never seen so many people trying to run in every direction at the same time. But this isn't panic, this is just too many people trying to get to work.

I sensed something major had happened when convoys of police, fire engines and ambulance vans go screeching back into The City. I call mum and say, I don't know if you've seen the news, but I think something bad may have happened. I let her know I'm fine, and I'm gonna go back to the office.

Then I hear people on phones talking about a bus exploding. I'm on a bus when I hear this. I get off at St Paul’s, and walk to the office near the Barbican.

Then I see and hear sirens everywhere. I have a cigarette and see people crying in the street. I call people up to see if they're OK.

It starts raining, and I have to smoke another cigarette because I feel shaky with nerves.

Tony makes a really awful...slow...speech...

I just feel sick, and wonder how I'll get home.

That was what happened to me when London took a sucker punch.

I'm glad all my friends and family living and working in The City are ok.

Dave

It's hard to believe the things on TV are happening so close to home. I think its unbelievable the way everyone has sprung into action, with the COBRA commitee and the hospitals and all that.

I can't imagine the kind of mentality that would do this.

Two of my friends are walking home from London - too scared to get on any trains or buses.

It's going to take them hours :/

Warbie said:
Two of my friends are walking home from London - too scared to get on any trains or buses.

It's going to take them hours :/

Best idea at the moment though. Where they walking to?

I just can't figure the people who are blaiming Blair and Bush for this.

17 pgs in 3 1/2 hours, this has to be a record.

The_Monkey said:
I heard 6. 3 on Tube trains and 3 on buses.
I think that's just Swedish TV, most sources I've read say 6 tubes and 1 bus

On BBC there saying it was 7 dotted around london all on the north side of the river

AJ Rimmer said:
I think that's just Swedish TV, most sources I've read say 6 tubes and 1 bus
A plot! Our government wants us to believe it's 3 buses and 3 trains! So much for "Free television"...

Watched the news just now, only woke up about 12am. Hope everyone is allright, got to be afew forum members living in london.

http://ichuddersfield.icnetwork.co.uk/0100news/0100localnews/tm_objectid=15710596&method=full&siteid=50060&headline=terror-blasts-strike-capital-name_page.html

This report seems to suggest more than one bus.

I would guess that for the moment all the powers that be are trying to play down the amount of incidents there really were. It always irritates me when they do this.

edit - Ken Livingstone said some good words. BTW I was at home asleep during this whole thing...still haven't had breakfast...

I've heard reports of a second bus but nothing has been confirmed where the other 1 has and the 6 other tube trains have

The_Monkey said:
A plot! Our government wants us to believe it's 3 buses and 3 trains! So much for "Free television"...
When it was ten deaths in london the swedish TV still said two deaths, so I think it's just the time difference...

I just wanted to convey my heartfelt sympathy and condolences to anyone who has been touched by this horrible act. I know how confusing, nerve wracking and anger inducing this has to be for many people not immediately affected as well.

Raxxman said:
I just can't figure the people who are blaiming Blair and Bush for this.

Carpet bombing a country will get you noticed.

I've heard that one of the bus blasts alone resulted in 10 dead. The Aldgate East tube blast seems to have killed 2 (at first count). That's 12 without taking the other 4+ blasts into account.

does anyone else think this is on too small (not literally) a scale in comparison to the madrid or 9/11 attacks? to me this just seems like shock and awe to get attention not actually trying to harm masses of people.

Hells Angel said:
does anyone else think this is on too small (not literally) a scale in comparison to the madrid or 9/11 attacks? to me this just seems like shock and awe to get attention not actually trying to harm masses of people.

I'm still thinking something else may happen today, things are still being revealed etc.

I'd agree this just seems like the beginning. and to make things worse tony blair is comming down to london, does he want to give the possible attackers an easier target?

Devvo said:
Best idea at the moment though. Where they walking to?

Bromley - not a nice walk, but given the choice i'd probably do the same.

Last country we carpet bombed was Germany, you saying that's the reason for this?

Hells Angel said:
I'd agree this just seems like the beginning. and to make things worse tony blair is comming down to london, does he want to give the possible attackers an easier target?

He can't stay away though, he would get a lot of abuse if he did.

I can't say I'd fancy it though, guess that's the cost of being PM.

there is going to be hell when i wake up. Good luck with anybody who still needs to find someone.
Good night.

Sky news has said 'they've heard the figure of 40 dead and nearly 1000 wounded'

So not exactly a minor attack. :(

well the death toll (im not saying this is small in terms of life but in numbers it is) theres what? 14 confirmed? well with madrid there we're around 250 and 9/11 well its pretty obvious the ammount was phenominal

Raxxman said:
Last country we carpet bombed was Germany, you saying that's the reason for this?

America bombs the shit outta the Middle East all the time. Do they not?

the possible attackers are most likely long gone tbh......

if they had any sense that is, im jsut waiting to see which if any, terrorist group owns up, they usually do

Hells Angel said:

Considering the placement of the bombs, in rush hour underground trains and buses, the bombers probably imagined they would kill many many people. The bodycount so far is being stamped on by the news and no info is coming out, but I'm guessing it will start to rack up by dozens at a time.

they're mentioning suicide bombers, so the attackers are somewhat dead.

Hells Angel said:

Not at all.

What terrorists want is publicity. With all the current focus on the g8, the success of live 8, and London getting the Olympics, they couldn't have picked a better time or target.

It's not about the no. of deaths, but how much attention they get - in this respect it doesn't get any 'bigger' than this.

They mentioned them in the bus bombing but said it was unlikely and the police are still staying firm on "2 confirmed dead"

they continue to talk about a website claiming that they are starting a jihad in london, etc. A group of Al-queda(sp?). Anyone happen to know what the URL is? Curious as to what they say.

Back