external harddisk borked,it can be saved?

<RJMC>

The Freeman
Reaction score
when I plug it(usb) the light flahes but is not recognized by the pc

tried to freeze it but was in the freezer 4 hours,didnt worked

any help? should I keep it freeze longer?

when I plug it(usb) the light flahes but is not recognized by the pc

tried to freeze it but was in the freezer 4 hours,didnt worked

any help? should I keep it freeze longer?

Did you try different USB ports, different PCs?

What I would do, and it's up to you if you want to go this route, is open up the enclosure and remove the harddrive itself, and install it internally. Because the problem might be the adapter/interface. If it spins/works, then you're good. If not, dead.

You could also try taking it to a computer repair place, but I don't know how much they would charge.

I already sent it to a repalce palce and told me that the engine or something like that didnt worked and needed tos end it to some palce that charges like 400 euros to save the data

Yeah that's a crazy a price. The engine? Like Yorick said, take it apart and try connect it directly to your PC to see if you can get anything.

Have you tried googling this problem stating your HDD brand and model? Just in case the repalce palce is trying to bullshit you.

I have a WD MyBook Essential and occasionally it's not recognised by the PC. Sometimes a restart helps, sometimes I have to disable and reenable it in the Devices Manager. It seems that it's a quite common problem, as I've googled the issue and seen more people complain about this.

Ask them to **** OFF. Install file scavenger. that program is by god himself..

I have a WD MyBook Essential and occasionally it's not recognised by the PC. Sometimes a restart helps, sometimes I have to disable and reenable it in the Devices Manager. It seems that it's a quite common problem, as I've googled the issue and seen more people complain about this.

Yeah I got my mother one of those for her birthday one year and she has the same thing occur. It's a great little harddrive otherwise.

its a verbatim

Ask them to **** OFF. Install file scavenger. that program is by god himself..

the pc dont seem to recognize the hdd so would that program work? is hard to use?

also I dont know how to disamble the hdd and connect it to the pc straigth or whatever way you say

also I put out of the freezer,tryed it,didnt work,put it back again

When you plug it in, is there a message that says USB Device not recognized? file scavenger can still do a scan on your drive.

it doesnt show nothing,is like if the thing where not pluged in

and freezing dont seem to work,hope that didnt damaged it more

if you plug it in and literally nothing happens, like the drive doesn't even rotate, it's quite possible the enclosure is messed up. Installing a hard drive, especially a sata drive is fairly easy. And if you have nothing to lose it'd definitely be worth giving it a try.

Me and my brother just put his external inside his computer. Quite likely it's just the housing that went bad.

But be careful, the last one I put in my computer on a housing that went bad... caught on fire and nearly fried my computer/burnt me alive. Just watch it the first time you turn the power on.

Back