F1 Race Stars!

Sorry for multi-posts but the F1 Race Stars Demo is out now!
You can grab it on Steam (Here: http://store.steampowered.com/app/203680) and Xbox Live (PSN is out tomorrow).

I'd love to hear what you guys think if you manage to give it a spin!

Also, second gameplay trailer is out!

Also, there is a demo now available on Steam, for those who want to try it early :)

EDIT: Just beaten to the punch

Ok guys. Competition time! :D

I've bought a couple of PC copies of F1 Race Stars (redeemable on Steam!) to give away as a thank you for helping me get to where I am now.

One of the copies is guaranteed to go to one of the guys who helped me test my test level in Trackmania last year. The other copy is open to anyone (Including people in the list below in the quote box) so any member of VT.net can enter :)

Now, I've just looked back at the videos and the old thread (http://www.valvetime.net/threads/got-a-spare-minute-or-two-and-a-copy-of-trackmania-nations.176929/) and tried to see who actually played. I got these names from the videos/thread. If you actually played my test track back then and I've missed you from my list give me a shout and I'll get you on this list. I think this is everyone but there may have been one or two more people.

Shakermaker
Krynn
Vegeta
Stardogg
Glenn
Bad Hat
Dekstar
Delirium89 (Not sure who this is, is/were they a member here?)

I'm not 100% sure how I'll decide who wins yet. I'm thinking of having you guys play the demo and see who can get the fastest time around the Germany track. Post a screenshot of your time and you'll get a ticket in the hat. People with the fastest time will get extra tickets in the hat? (1st place gets 3 extra tickets, 2nd get 2 and 3rd gets 1 extra? Everyone else gets 1 ticket. Does that sound fair?)

If anyone can think of a better method for running the competition then feel free to post it here. I think it should involve getting the best time in the demo though. Shame time trial isn't activated in the demo!

You can get the demo here: http://store.steampowered.com/app/203680/

So, post up your times and you'll get an entry! It's probably best to give it a race a couple of times at least as you might get lucky and get better powerups etc, leading to a better time! Also, racing in 3,000cc is faster than 2,000cc and 1,000cc. I guess you can use any cc class you like, but in 2,000cc you will never beat anyone playing at 3,000cc.

I'll send the winners the keys to put into Steam. If you wish I can send you the case, DVD etc. in the post too. :)

Competition will close probably sometime around mid-day Saturday. I'll give a few hours warning before it ends to give people chance.

Hints and tips for getting a better time

KERS Corners:
KERS Corners are marked by starry blue sections on the tracks. Charge up your KERS by releasing and reapplying your accelerator to get bigger boosts. The video below shows you how it's done:

Jump Boosts:
If you manage to get some air time within the track (There are at least two places where you can get some air) release your accelerator whilst in mid-air and as you land slam back on your accelerator to give yourself a jump boost!

Shortcuts and secret routes:
There are a number of shortcuts within Germany and there is also a secret route which you can only reach if you have a special item. These are present on all of our tracks. It might be worth seeking these out to get a faster time

Team perks:
Each team has their own perk/bonus. It might be worth trying out the different teams. Maybe one will grant you more boosts or perhaps another driver will allow you to get ahead of the AI easier?!

Print screen works in-game, you'll just need to copy it to an image editing program afterwords. Also there's Steam screenshots.

Any problems or if you need any help just give me a shout. :)

Good luck guys!

TL;DR - Play the F1 Race Stars demo. Post a screenshot of your best time to be in with a chance to win.

This competition is in no way affiliated with Codemasters or anything. Doing this out of my own pocket and out of the kindness of my own heart! :]

5W2Un.jpg

This is my (EDIT: New) first attempt, just to start the competition off.

Got it on Xbox, ChrisEvoEvans is my tag, really need to play online with some peeps!

I'd join you Evo but I don't have Xbox Live Gold :( Refuse to pay for that "service"

The Reticule going to get a review of it? :)

Yeah I had a copy, then realised it was a bit of a moral mindfield to review it myself as anyone can see we are friends, one of my writers is going to be doing it for me after I posted my 360 copy off. Might grab it on Steam though :)

Haha fair enough, but even if you didn't give it the best review and 11/10 I wouldn't hold it against you, would rather you be honest in your review! :) Was playing with Dek last night online, he's getting better, kicked my ass once on the home straight :(

Back