Famous People You Know

Oh that reminds me. My grandfather dated Ginger, the hottie from Gilligan's Island (Tina Louise) in college like 50+ years ago.

I went to a televised World Wrestling Federation event when they toured to Nashville in 99. I was in the 20th row iirc. Fireworks and wrasslin.

So the only famous people i've actually seen are wrestlers. I wish my family history was more exciting.

My brother has met both John McClure (from Reverend and the Makers) and John Fratelli (from The Fratellis) in Manchester, making me so jealous. He also had a friend who was in Elbow before they made it big. Plus a friend of my best mate's is Guy Garvey's (frontman of Elbow) cousin. I've not really met anyone that famous (apart from Mark and Kian from Westlife, and I'm not even a Westlife fan) but I am going to a festival in September so I'm hoping to meet Clint Boon who's DJ-ing (Clint's one of my favourite DJs from XFM Manchester) and The Young Knives who are playing.

Spoken to Ben Croshaw a few times. About it.

Well, I've met a couple of NHL players before, including Wade Redden and Mike Fisher. My family is also very good friends with Jim Cuddy's cousin (of Blue Rodeo fame). I've spoken with Steven Page (from Barenaked Ladies) before at a gala, and saw the Prime Minister and Governor General there as well (didn't speak with them as they were surrounded by bodyguards).

I think thats about it. Last year I talked to a guy who got his wizard hat signed by his friend, Jordan Rudess. ****ing jelly of that guy.

Bumped into David Tennant in an elevator once, he has a flat in the building my girlfriend used to stay in.

I know a few women who dated Liam Neeson, he was quite the playa back in the day. Also one of his cousins is married to one of my dad's cousins.
Ciaran Hinds' mum is a friend of my grandmother, he used to be in a youth club with my dad back in the day.

My sister is a film critic and has met and interviewed stupid amounts of famous people. I did go to a post-premiere party with her once where there were loads of said film industry big shots hanging around, was p. fun.

A friend of mine made out with Iggy Pop on a festival once. That's about the closest I get.

My mother's bestie in high school was the sister in law of Aussie comedian Denise Scott.

My Cousin is a journalist with Channel 7 News Melbourne. Not really famous, but she's on TV everyday so you never know. (In case either of the 2 Melbournians here are wondering: Margaret Dekker.)

People I met in Dubai's Wild Wadi Waterpark and Burj Al Arab (My dad designed the park and managed the construction of the water park so I'd go along to events and stuff, VIP etc when I was like 12 or 13).

Sports Stars:

Tony Hawk
Matt Hoffman
(They were both riding the huge wave machine on surfboards)

England Football Players:
Andy Cole
Paul Scholes
Gary Neville
Philip Neville
Teddy Sheringham

Famous Stars:

Floppy-haired Hugh Grant (he was awesome actually)

Singers:

Bryan Adams
Bon Jovi - VIP Backstage Pass for winning a competition here in the UK.

Relatively decent list I think.

My friend was neighbors with Isaac Hayes(Chef from South Park and musician) before he died.

I chatted with Esteban Rey a little bit. He does the album artwork and t-shirts for Explosions in the Sky, and sometimes Mono. Very nice dude.
And one of my friends met Munaf (guitarist from Explosions) in a bar, and was in a film class where Robert Rodriguez taught a session. He also claims to have sneaked backstage when Coldplay was recording their ACL (tv) show, and eaten some of their m&m's. I'm not sure I totally buy that one, although it's not really a story you just randomly make up.

And! I kinda met Warren Spector once. He gave a talk on game development or innovation. At the time, he thought Spore was going to be the best, most innovative game ever. I think I asked him some silly question about innovation in mods, to which he replied, "No, making mods just helps with getting a job."
Five years later, and I'm still waiting for that secret game he was supposed to be developing with Valve.

My friend was neighbors with Isaac Hayes(Chef from South Park and musician) before he died.

Noted butthurt scientologist who quit after the Tom Cruise episode. Still a relatively cool dude, though.

Hmmm. Well, from being involved in the music scene (lololol I is musician lol) I've met and held conversations with a few famous fellow musicians:

Pete Doherty - Libertines, Babyshambles, Jail: Lovely, shy, sweet man.

Nick O'Malley - Arctic Monkeys: Cool guy, got talking to him at a secret gig in Sheffield. Not an Arctic Monkeys gig.

Adam Ficek - Babyshambles, Roses Kings Castles: Incidentally a really nice guy whom my band supported during his solo tour, gave us a shoutout on stage and signed my acoustic guitar.

Alain Johannes - Eleven, Queens Of The Stone Age, Them Crooked Vultures, Founding member of Anthym (who later became The Red Hot Chili Peppers): Also a really cool guy.

Also supported a band called Esteban who made it pretty big and got into Total Guitar magazine and such. Currently touring the world, so I believe.

Was also supposed to be playing alongside the band of Paddy Considine (the actor from Hot Fuzz and Bourne Ultimatum etc.) called Riding The Low but unfortunately at that point, our asshole drummer left the band and decided he would cancel that gig out of spite when he left, behind our backs, even though we had a cover drummer who would play it for us. Douche.

Guess that's pretty much it for sorta claims to fame.

Back