Fan-made Episode 3 *Spoilers*

It's not a good fake, it's shit. Look at it, it's a crappy fan made map.

It's not a good fake, it's shit. Look at it, it's a crappy fan made map.

And you can make better ? I don't understand why people have to be so negative when somene does something like this. I thinks its fun. And the guy who made this never tried to make it like it was real footage. He said in the youtube video (if you have seen the original) that it was HE'S OWN VERSION of ep3. Just try to enjoy little bit

Well it couldn't be more obvious its a custom map. The helicopter hanger is the map taken from the end of Episode 2, they've obviously edited it to include the scripted sequence with dog.

Then there is the flight and the crash which looks really messy and could have done with a little more work. Also its a continent so it should have said 'Somewhere over Antarctica' (capitalised).

Also due to the steep gradient of the slope up to the aerial Alyx was unable to follow her ai pathing nodes because it glitched her out, which you'd expect they would check before releasing.

Good attempt at making a Borealis like environment near the ship but a jumping puzzle to get there isn't likely to be the way Valve introduce one of the most important aspects of the Half-life series :LOL:

Its a nice custom map for a laugh, seriously not to be confused though!

I understand there is a map around showing the helicopter in the hanger. I have just seen this footage and the last minute or so makes me think it is possibly real.

Opinions??

dude it says who made the map at the end of the video. i mean it was kinda cool but if thats what episode 3 looked like id kill myself... and valve

I have to say Global Warming has clearly accelerated during this time. The Antarctic can't be much bigger than a street block.

Good attempt at making a Borealis like environment near the ship but a jumping puzzle to get there isn't likely to be the way Valve introduce one of the most important aspects of the Half-life series :LOL:
There was a jumping puzzle to get into the citadel. And a jumping puzzle around the cliffs just outside Nova Prospekt.

Apart from it being a terrible fake it also appears they have been flying for two days , which is impossible.

Apart from it being a terrible fake it also appears they have been flying for two days , which is impossible.

ya that was stupid even if it did take 2 days to get there a Half-Life game would never just say "2 days later" you are always seeing the world through the eyes of gordon

They could of asked permission from the missing information modders to use their Ice Axe

I hope we get some EP3 news soon. I am getting fooled by cheap imitations:thumbs:

Pretty ok attempt. Its good for an attempt but should definatley not be viewed at as anything more than a laugh.

I did like the ties in with the Borealis from the concept art etc, that was cool.

As jumpy as it is, there's a certain charm to the scripting at the beginning. Quite impressive they've managed to string together that stuff at all. Especially as the rest of their map-making is very weak. Looks like they're barely past the 'DM-Killbox v5' stage of level 'design'.

And if Episode Three follows that story-arc even roughly, I'll probably keel over.

Murhh, i dunno what to say. Good try for a fan but nothing promising.

Flying. For. 2. Days.?! Hmm. Clearly a fake. Good try though.

I think it was a very nice effort, doesn't really seem they were trying to fool anybody.

Meh. Nothing really spectacular about it.
Not too bad for an average fan.

Whoever made that, it must of took them awhile to make the map and other things.

The intro script was nice, but there was just so many things wrong with the rest i dont even know where to begin. The flying for two days made me lol hard.

Plus the whole crashing bit seems so cliche and unrealistic - I don't think even Gordon Freeman could survive a helicopter crash (they're a bit nasty mind you).

ok whoever made that video... jesus christ dude. You keep zooming in like crazy and doing 360 turns, and why the hell do you keep running backwords so we can't see what is going on?

Back