Fate

nofreeman

Spy
Reaction score
is their a 'fate' like am i meant to be here now?, a microsecond and i was out, i didn't apprehend what was happening at all, i was out the door before my brain could render what was going on, so why did i run, did i have hidden plan in my life, am i needed why couldn't i have a thought then?

Attachments

• ForeverAloneComputer2.png
    ForeverAloneComputer2.png
    16.2 KB · Views: 309
Are you high or did you run away from home because you felt you weren't having enough say in the family?

I don't know what the tits is going on up in here but I have doughnuts so I don't even know if I care about anything right now.

Oh wait, I saw his signature. He's high.

If there was, how could it ever be intelligible to us?

Fate = the scapegoat if you are not happy with the current state of your life. Because obviously the realisation that where you are now, is the logical conclusion of a long string of decisions you've made, is just too horrible to handle.

Fate = the scapegoat if you are not happy with the current state of your life. Because obviously the realisation that where you are now, is the logical conclusion of a long string of decisions you've made, is just too horrible to handle.

People can get put into horrible circumstances because of no fault of there own..

Okay, but your previous argument is still wrong.

Fate: If there was a beginning with set pieces in this universe, then it must exist.

Because you implied that if someone is in a rut with their life its because of a string of decisions they made over time, which isn't always the case at all. People can find themselves in a rut through no fault of there own.

Because if that shit that happens leads you to not be happy with your life, then its not a scapegoat, it really is the cause.

Anyways, there is such a thing as fate, but its fate without meaning. AKA a string of uncountable, ridiculously convoluted events that lead to something happening. The choices you make are actually predetermined by a whole host of factors, the main ones being your previous experiences, your upbringing, the situation you find yourself in. All of those factors are formed by other factors, like your parent's style of child rearing, the circumstances of the uncountable elements that went into making your previous experiences, etc.

Everything that has happened since the big bang (and possibly before that), couldn't have happened any other way. We're just along for the ride.

You're talking about chance aren't you? Stuff like getting hit by a car while crossing the street, or getting robed while going home from work.

Yeah well It looks like we're talking about completely different things. I meant more around the lines of "fork in the road" type of decisions. Stuff like what university you choose to go to. Whether you choose to move to a different city or not. Whether you choose to accept that job offer in another country or not.

sorry to be blunt in my op,

but i would of been under all that rubble in that video i posted.

Are you actually going to tell us the whole story or will you continue being vague with every post? I'd really like to know what happened.

Story goes like this:
Having lunch at work, work as a client manager for jim beam, pallets up to a tonne in weight, in my warehouse with of capacity of 6000 pallets, with racking 12 feet high is a death trap when u come to think about it in a earthquake, was at my desk talking to my workmate him going to aussie when it happened my mind hadn't caught up with my body, i caught up to them when i noticed everything around me coming down and then looking up to see the cliff face coming down and then turning around to see everything on floor and swear it must of caused another aftershock. also it felt like you were running on jelly and how i keept balanced remains a mastery to me.

22 Feb 2011 12:51 pm 6.3f

Oh. Damn.

Any casualties? Haven't heard anything about this. In any case, that isn't fate, that's adrenaline.

Were you by any chance led outside by some sort of wiggling fluid-like tube that only you could see?

Oh, I dunno. I mean I'd like to believe I'm not but I just... I've just never seen any proof so I... I just don't debate it anymore, you know? It's like I could spend my whole life debating it over and over again, weighing the pros and cons and in the end I still wouldn't have any proof so I just... I just don't debate it anymore. It's absurd.

Wow, makes me wonder why I just took a job in a warehouse with shelving 3 stories high in this damned city.

Thanks for finally telling us the story, but you should've done that in the first place. Regardless, I'm glad you made it out okay.

On a slightly more humorous note, it was quite funny to see someone holding a "Kia Kaha Auckland" sign up at the rugby after Auckland's 2.8 :>

It's all well and good suggesting that fate is the inevitable and logical result of the billiard ball effect. Hit the ball and if you can calculate all the variables you can work out what will happen next with alarming accuracy.

However, once you add sentience into that mix, the variables become a little more confusing. Because you now have the variables of thought as opposed to simply action. Though in itself as a result of electro chemical reactions in the brain could be reasonably well defined by the variables at hand. Say you have toast in front of you, the odds you are thinking about toast increase, as do the odds that you think about eating. Subconscious thought perhaps can be measured easier. But then, thought can be a little confusing when you think about variables, because you have to consider that people think about all sorts of things at any given time. I might be thinking about the size of the anus on a fly while I'm skydiving.

Everything that has happened up to this trillionth of a second, that just passed, may have been totally predictable. But how do you know that a quark didn't move out of place somewhere along the way and **** up your calculations? There's just too many things that can change, in my opinion, for fate to be a reasonable answer.

So, if you can work out all of the variables, then you can reasonably predict what will happen, even inside the human brain, even the results that those reactions inside the human mind will cause in the variables around them. But can you really predict what the human mind will think? With enough maths, yes.

Where's the fun in that?

My point is that variables exist everywhere and every single variable that hasn't happened yet is possible in theory. Fate may well be true, but I think that's boring as shit and far less likely than a universe (existence and non existence?) based on variable consequences.

TL;DR - Look at my sig.

there is no destiny, not all of your actions are written down beforehand in a book. You are free to act through your volition, of course. Lfe demands that we have free will and use it wisely. However you will be subject to circumstances that may not be to your liking despite all of your efforts. The more that you appreciate the fulness of life, not just it's peace and it's pleasure, the more you will be more willing to accept your seasons of grief and of sorrow. The pain that you bear is only a reflection of the joy that you have, for they both come from the selfsame well. What you call fate is merely the realization that all things are one, and when you see coincidences you do not see chance but are merely peering into a mirror that you have fashioned from your own cares and worries.

My approach to life is to just decide to be happy with the person you are and the hand you are dealt. It is much harder to live with regrets and whatifs and yearnings for a different personality. People live their lives in every imaginable circumstance, some that you would consider to be horrible beyond belief, some choose to find happiness or to be happy, and some choose to wrestle with it and fight against who they are and it's all just one life in the end, so live your life, and be happy with that.

In other words, nothing really terrible can ever happen because in the end you will have lived your life, and in the objective sense, one life is no different than another. It's just a string of experiences, and who cares about that when you are dead.

I am not saying that you shouldn't work hard and struggle with things, but rather, as you are living and struggling, keep the big picture in mind. Don't sweat the things that are past, or the opportunities that you have missed. Missed opportunities are what form your character. Don't tremble at making decisions because of how cataclysmically it will alter your future. Your brain is an excellent time machine. If you give your conscious mind free reign, it will live in the future and dwell on the past. Sometimes you need to pull it back to the present, or just shut it off.

Most of all, don't fight with your own identity. In the end it is the only thing that you own, so don't try to disown it. Don't reject the person you are or the circumstances that made you, because that is all that you have in the end, and you can't divide yourself from the world.

I believe my life has been predetermined and I am living out that life now, so yes I believe in fate in the general sense. Ever since I was child I have never been able to shake the feeling that certain, very significant, events in my life were meant to happen, pelting it in the direction it is meant to go in. It is a very profound, and very strong feeling that I doubt others on here would understand, but I see it everyday, conditions and variables in people's lives being so finely tuned to cause something else to happen, and if only ONE tiny thing was different it wouldn't have happened, but it did happen for some reason. And because it did happen, that person has been pushed further in the direction he/she was meant to take, achieve their purpose/s in life.

I see it everywhere and all of the time and and I think it can be traced back through time to even the origins of the universe itself; the massive scale of events, with complexity that we can't comprehend, that ricocheted off each other in such a manor that led to the formation of our sun, our solar system., and later on Earth itself, appearing in a spiral galaxy way outside in the spiral arms, away from the dangerous center, the perfect distance from a sun, and a perfect 23 degrees rotational axis caused by a meteorite hitting it which was then caught in its orbit, which happened to be essential for when the planet formed oceans, and thus essential for life to form itself.

I believe my life has been predetermined and I am living out that life now, so yes I believe in fate in the general sense. Ever since I was child I have never been able to shake the feeling that certain, very significant, events in my life were meant to happen, pelting it in the direction it is meant to go in. It is a very profound, and very strong feeling that I doubt others on here would understand, but I see it everyday, conditions and variables in people's lives being so finely tuned to cause something else to happen, and if only ONE tiny thing was different it wouldn't have happened, but it did happen for some reason. And because it did happen, that person has been pushed further in the direction he/she was meant to take, achieve their purpose/s in life.

I see it everywhere and all of the time and and I think it can be traced back through time to even the origins of the universe itself; the massive scale of events, with complexity that we can't comprehend, that ricocheted off each other in such a manor that led to the formation of our sun, our solar system., and later on Earth itself, appearing in a spiral galaxy way outside in the spiral arms, away from the dangerous center, the perfect distance from a sun, and a perfect 23 degrees rotational axis caused by a meteorite hitting it which was then caught in its orbit, which happened to be essential for when the planet formed oceans, and thus essential for life to form itself.

That sounds like the opposite of fate to me.

****ing life always making demands of me. I mean god damn, lay off once in awhile, life.

Life's a bitch.

Hey life, go back to the kitchen and make me a samich.

Back