Fav type of music

Everything from drum and bass to bjork to some j. cash to....ect

......everything except punk and pop

Metal. Ranges from Disturbed,Spineshank,Godsmack,Marilyn Manson,Rob Zombie,SOAD,and Papa Roach.

I put Trance on now and then,but most of the time it's Metal.

Fav Band: Disturbed :thumbs: :bounce:

Raiden, don't like rammstein?

(Ooooo, you've got the same stuff in your computer as I've got on my work computer (this one) ^_^)

foo fighters, moby, train isnt bad, fuel, smashing pumpkins, u2

death metal all the way down to some of the beetles tracks. My music sense is a bit wild and like guitar bass and drums. Any of this middle age crap made on computer sucks. Apart from prodigy. Because lets face it they have skill. Firestarter was made over 5 years ago and it still sounds modern. Now thats skill.

Hell, I love industrial metal, rock... but you can't diss trance, well - I fooking love it just as much as the other stuff. Prodigy do sound modern, but have you ever heard of Astral Projection? Done most of their stuff in 1998, still sound freaking awsome ^_^ 'fly'

Originally posted by Sniper
Hell, I love industrial metal, rock... but you can't diss trance, well - I fooking love it just as much as the other stuff. Prodigy do sound modern, but have you ever heard of Astral Projection? Done most of their stuff in 1998, still sound freaking awsome ^_^ 'fly'

Astral Projection is good, but only their older stuff. If you like Israeli trance you should also try

Infected Mushroom - my favorite. Especially The Gathering and Classical Mushroom albums

Also:

Dark Soho - leaning towards gothic/metal
California Sunshine - more melodic
Yahel - very melodic
MFG/Passenger - more old school
Mystica - old school, some guitar
Skazi - hard trance with guitar

:)

Punk/Ska: OPIV, Bouncing Souls, etc bands you've prolly never heard of
Other: The Stones, The (Grateful) Dead, Queen (pop?, if so the only pop i'll listen to), Van Halen, Iron Maiden, Aerosmith (the old stuff), KISS, ACDC, Weird Al

I dig strange stuff. Anything you dont listen to i dig.... No
if i like something be it rap or free form jazz(not likely) it will be purshased/downloaded, But main interrest must be the So called Nu-metal.
DEEEEEVIN townsend and Mike patton Kicks all da arses tho

Hello, first post here too.

Electronic music:
Techno (deep, hard, psy, club)
House (deep, disco, progressive)
Ambient
EBM (Apoptygma Berzerk etc.)
Trip-hop
The lighter side of breakbeat/drum'n'bass
Trance (Non-cheesy tunes. For example, last sunday i was on the Paul Van Dyk reflection tour, and man, was his set cheesy...)

Rock/Metal/Industrial/Grunge:
Faith No More, NIN, Stone Temple Pilots, Therapy?, Love Like Blood, Garbage

In addition, I like the following, even though I don't actually own any or much at least, except maybe in a couple of MP3 DJ sets: Reggae, dub, jazz, nujazz, neo-classical.

And of course: Game and movie soundtracks. ^_____^

Music I like:
Trance - Paul Oakenfold is my favorite. I have this mix of him and a few other people.. it's called.. Tranceport, I think it is. After I heard that I fell in love.

Masterpiece/Classical (Hans Zimmer style) - you know, the soundtrack style of music. Hans Zimmer is, without a doubt, my favorite musician/composer. Black Hawk Down, The Rock, Pearl Harbor, Tears of the Sun (Great!), Gladiator, and Crimson Tide were some of my favorites. Horner, John Williams, Bill Brown, Harry Gregson Williams, and Rabin are other favorites.

Those are the two main ones I listen to.
I do enjoy Linkin Park's music as well.

I'll listen to anything as long as it sounds great. While lyrics are great, I'm a sound person more than I'm a lyrical person.

I feel there are two types of music lovers. There are the 'sound people' that love the way beats, trance synths, melodies, and orchestras sound. I fall in this category. If it sounds great, I'll listen to it - I don't care who made it and what genre it's in.

Then there are the lyrical people which is self explanatory (rap is a big on here).

I would just like to add that not only do I love to listen to the way music sounds (great tunes etc) is that some music sounds like it's telling a story. The Gladiator soundtrack is a great example. Pearl Harbor too. The different parts of a song, whether it's high or low and the emotion that it's obviously giving off tells a story.

Maybe I'm just nutty :p

"I would just like to add that not only do I love to listen to the way music sounds (great tunes etc) is that some music sounds like it's telling a story. The Gladiator soundtrack is a great example. Pearl Harbor too. The different parts of a song, whether it's high or low and the emotion that it's obviously giving off tells a story.

Maybe I'm just nutty :p"

Nah, I don't think you're nutty if you were refering to that paragraph. You hit the nail on the head. Thats the entire reason for music in a movie. Emotion and mood.

Even take non-orchestral music for example... The Matrix: the lobby seen playing "Spybreak" during the entire fight. Its a song to get the adrenaline going. If they were to play something like Britney Spears "Oops i did it again" (not like we'd like to listen to her anyway) the scene would seem much more "blah".

cirrus, JA, radiohead, plus others but...

WEEN pwnz ur face

various stuff really, hip-hop, classical, dance, rap, but mainly im into alternative rock like: muse, rage, pumpkins, chilis, deftones etc

Mostly classic rock, in fact all classic rock... Zeppelin , Greateful dead. No, wait a little reggae too.

Rammstein, Kate Ryan, Madonna, and Britney spears--anything of theirs thats fast, hard, and doe'snt have too many:

Buech Dich's! Or Desenchante's! Or Kissing Britney! Or Kissing Madonna!

www.di.fm

Best techno place in town--this is'int repetive. This shit rocks.

I really cannot stand certain kinds of slow, depressing rock that talks about girls, drugs, alcohol, or being too close to they "edge", or how bad society is in general.

I guess that sums up rock then. I hate slow-ass rock, or slow progressing rock. But anything FAST I LOVE.

I especially hate up-beat corney beated ghetto thugs trying to rap.

R.A.P.

RETARDS ATTEMPTING POETRY

HIP-HOP

Hyper Ignorant People--Hating On People

di.fm plays a couple of my songs on their chillout channel.

I listen to mostly jpop, electronica *all kinds* some punk rock *note: not pop punk* and some other stuff thrown in for good measure. I'm also very fond of disco house. I like basically anything that isn't mainstream pop, gangsta rap, country. I say gangsta rap cause the other kinds are actually good. Anyone agree with me on that?

Metal & Punk\Rock is the only thing I'm listening to.

I like heavy metal alot and found this free Dl of the Duke Nukem theme song Link here http://www.mp3sound.com/search.php?artist=Megadeth This will take you to the page and from there you can Dl it. This works good with games that have a MP3 player that you can just drop it in.

I think this was one of the better ones done not much vocals to disturb game play and has a good beat.

I also liked the conan the barbarian music and was glade when BG throne of bhaal came out and they also used that. Got me pumped up to play !!!

White/Rob Zombie is still my #1 fav his music can really jam like in twisted metal the play station games. To bad there is alot of vocals or I would use more of his stuff with games I play but vocals gets annoying.

Thats just a few of the games I enjoyed the music from but have a wider range of likes - everything heavy metal mostly old school Iron Maiden, Priest, Ozzy and some techno I find at times is very enjoyable.

Muse are my big time fave, i can cope with most other things :)

people keep dragging this thread up from nowhere! :O

Here's some good trance btw: www.di.fm

The quality is not good at all over at DI nowadays. I need to have 192+ or else it sounds like crap on my stereo.

Hmmm... 70's/80's/Early 90's rock... some current stuff... ballad style songs... thunder n' lightning opera scores...

Back