favorite F.E.A.R. weapon

C

Cavalry

so,out of all the weapons in FEAR,which was your favorite?
Shotgun(loved blasting Replica soldiers in half)
duel handguns(that gangsta feel)
duel smg's(same as handguns)

I love that rifle which makes levels that look like the Build engine from Duke Nukem look good.

Wait, there's no such thing... nevertheless.

duel smg's(same as handguns)

There are no dual smgs in FEAR or any of the expansions...

I haven't played the singleplayer in some time but I still play multiplayer regularly.
So my favorites:Assault Rifle, Penetrator (nail gun), Particle Gun, MOD3 (rocket launcher), dual hand guns. Oh and last but not least the proximity mines muahaha:devil:

I liked using the shotgun and smg in singleplayer.

Out of the weapon selection the auto cannon has to be the dumbest weapon, 80% of the time I use it in multiplayer I manage to kill miself with it:|.

Particle Gun- leaves a burnout skeleton great
Shotgun- So effective and gory
Mines- love putting leads in front of a door them BOOM

I guess so,I can't find them in a PC F.E.A.R. weapon list,but they are listed as one of the first guns in the Xbox360 list

The assault rifle with the scope (forgot its name)

I love that rifle which makes levels that look like the Build engine from Duke Nukem look good.

Wait, there's no such thing... nevertheless.

Because you didn't steal that from Yahtzee.

My favorite weapons were my hands and feet.

Because you didn't steal that from Yahtzee.

My favorite weapons were my hands and feet.

He said it so perfectly! :)
Where was the architecture in that game, anyway? It lacked it throughout the first game, the first expansion, and then later Perseus Mandate. In all cases it just tried to compensate by putting a lot of props everywhere. Sometimes it worked, but mostly, it just stunk. But I guess you don't focus that much on the level itself when you're fighting... or do you?
Anyway... Shotgun was over the top. I really just liked the assault rifle a lot.

The level designs all made sense to me.

How random do you want a friggin office building? Have you the ADHD?

Shotgun. Great sound, fast reload, devastating at close range.

The perfect shotgun IMO.

The level designs all made sense to me.

How random do you want a friggin office building? Have you the ADHD?

icon_fear_big.jpg

The thumbnail in the top right corner especially!

What I mean is that in this game, you can often really see the squareness of the level, especially when looking at lamps in the ceiling - The walls don't really blend in together. The decorating in the levels is nicely done, but the architecture of the level itself is often very square'ish. What I meant above was: Look at the lighting, it really highlights the bland design of the level, and this happens a lot in the game.

EDIT: A perfect example: http://www.tweakguides.com/images/FEAR_6.jpg

Eh, fair enough. Their corners where a bit meh, but to be honest it still felt like an actual office through the office levels.

Online I usually use the nailgun because it's far too accurate

Wasn't aware anyone used guns online. Whenever I tried to play it was dominated by guys sliding across the floor one-hit killing you with their feets.

Wasn't aware anyone used guns online. Whenever I tried to play it was dominated by guys sliding across the floor one-hit killing you with their feets.

Very wrong. There are plenty of servers where unarmed attacks are likely to get you kicked (no pun intended:cheese:) off

Very wrong. There are plenty of servers where unarmed attacks are likely to get you kicked (no pun intended:cheese:) off

So from one extreme to the other...lame.

Been years since I played it online anyways. I was still in high school when it came out :|

So from one extreme to the other...lame.

Well, no there still are servers where anything goes (except cheating), but there are a few things that become terribly annoying on a crowded DM map, like floor sliding, and corner shotgun blasts (you turn a corner and windup staring down the barrel of shotgun). One time I died 4 times in a row because of these "techniques":x.
But despite that it still is fun. I still play FEAR DM from time to time...

I think the major downside is that the entire online portion is extreme CQB from the maps there where when I played. Some more open ones would be fine, though I know the game itself was about CQB.

Maybe I'm just too used to teamwork games, and dislike bouncing DM fragfests.

^you may enjoy socom on the PS2,most online maps were wide open,sniper maps

Ugh. The online "sniper" archetype makes me want to /quit the universe.

And I don't do console games :D

I definitely find dual pistols the most fun. My favourite moment in FEAR was running through an office block with dual pistols owning a group of replicants with some headshots and roundhouses.

how many levels are there in FEAR?I'm in the offices with Alice Wade,but I noticed sceenshots from other places,not only the Water Treatment Plant,the Offices,but other,factory/warehouse like buildings

There aren't too many different locations (that's the point). I think that's pretty much it till you get to the Vault.

how many levels are there in FEAR?I'm in the offices with Alice Wade,but I noticed sceenshots from other places,not only the Water Treatment Plant,the Offices,but other,factory/warehouse like buildings
The office complex will continue for a good while. You've finished 2/3rd of the game.

God help me, I love the combat, so I "got" Perseus Mandate. Looking forward to the not-so-hilarious and culturally-relevant jokes from the new ethnic sidekick who will be ruining the creepy mood with his ebonics! :p

I've just been playing the bonus levels in Perseus Mandate. The dual pistols make you feel like an action hero. :p

Perseus Mandate killed it.

Suddenly, we're not so unique.

Perseus Mandate has a really stupid plot. Don't take it as actual FEAR canon. The only games that really matter in the FEAR storyline are going to be FEAR and Project Origin.

Don't expect anything fantastic. I'm finding the 3 bonus maps more fun than the actual campaign.

Oh, no, I did a review on the demo a while ago and it was universally negative.

Back