FBI/DEA thwart terror plot in U.S. involving Iran

Dandan

Medic
Reaction score
Editor's note: The FBI and the DEA have disrupted a plot involving Iran to kill the Saudi ambassador to the United States and commit other attacks, according to the U.S. Justice Department. Two men - one arrested, the other at large - have been charged in connection with the plot, which the Justice Department says was directed by elements of the Iranian government.

The Justice Department says one of the men – Manssor Arbabsiar, a naturalized U.S. citizen holding an Iranian passport – arranged to hire for the assassination someone in Mexico who he thought was an associate of a drug trafficking cartel. The person in Mexico actually was a DEA confidential source who was posing as a cartel associate, the Justice Department says.

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2011/10/11/official-fbi-dea-disrupt-terror-plot-in-u-s-involving-iran/?hpt=hp_t1

holy ****balls. this is serious shit no matter how it all happened. my concern is that we're taking on too many shitheads at once

Not to go all Adam Jensen on this shit, but this is uncannily good timing for Washington to receive any kind of positive press.

Crazy, intriguing and scary story none the less. Though don't get me started on U.S. relations with Saudi Arabia or Iran...

Probably another false flag event to make it look like the FBI are fighting the good fight on the terrorist front and keep the people afraid of terrorism.

But hey, it might be true.

Georgia Sen. Saxby Chambliss said:
"While I believe our justice system will deal appropriately with the defendant in custody, our government must also deal with the Iranian regime"
Tom Kean said:
Kean said the plot is "pretty close to an act of war.
New York Rep. Peter King said:
This violates all international norms, it violates all international laws, and this is an act of war. We can’t allow this to go without a strong reaction
Chairman of the U.S. House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence said:
This is dangerous new territory for Iran," Rogers said. "It is the latest in a series of aggressive actions – from their nuclear program to state sponsorship of terrorism, from complicity in killing our soldiers in Iraq to now plotting hostile acts on U.S. soil

Here we ****ing go again.

all we need is one Triton class Sub or a B2 bomber...we don;t have to spend alota money to put them in their place.

Triton class Submarine: $1.21 billion
B2 Bomber: $1.01 billion

God ****ing damnit our military is expensive as shit.

FBI/DEA "thwart" "terror" "plot" in U.S. involving "Iran"

Stop smoking weed and maybe you wouldn't think everything is a Conspiracy.
one involving 2 Government agencies that employs thousands of people.

Your ignorance is astounding.

It's also worth mentioning that it appears you have no understanding of how complete sentences and tenses work. You don't even make sense while you tell other people to make sense.

So my grammar sucks...thanks for pointing that out.
I still think it's funny how a manic depressive weed smoker like to jumps to the conclusion that this must be a Government Conspiracy when no one knows either way.
But the idea that it's a conspiracy is is son enticing...that's why people fall for it int he first place.

It's not a conspiracy, it's spin. Given recent news, Obama is in desperate need of looking like he's a competent, good president. It wouldn't take much to spin an incident like this into something much bigger than it was to begin with. No conspiracy there.

Probably another false flag event to make it look like the FBI are fighting the good fight on the terrorist front and keep the people afraid of terrorism.

You are the reason why Government is unable to right every wrong in this world.

@unozero

You don't even need them; just use shitloads of Tactical Tomahawks. Way less expensive.

I still think it's funny how a manic depressive weed smoker like to jumps to the conclusion that this must be a Government Conspiracy when no one knows either way.
But the idea that it's a conspiracy is is son enticing...that's why people fall for it int he first place.
So I smoke weed... Thanks for pointing that out. Could you instead point out where my expression of doubt is unwarranted?

Numbers: I'm sure you'd agree with me when I say that self-doubt is a necessary tool to ensure one's existence. I wonder if you'd say the same thing about a governing body :p

R0Gyh.jpg

Your argument is invalid. You made this thread.

See I can do it too.

what was the last time you are referring to?

is it cool to discredit the government for preventing attacks, or something? i wish i was cool maybe i should follow the lead here :(

Sorry, just felt defensive because I felt like you jumped down Stiggy's throat. People just need to calm down and accept each others views here.

Also: stop being a dick about people's personal real lifestyle choices and incorporating them unfairly into conversation and debate. It just makes you sound like a total twat.

Stig smokes weed? Haha **** you hippie go wash your dreads and flip my burgers.

This is an satirical post.
uno is a twat

I will say it

conspiracey theoryes are just propaganda made to make people to not trust the usa goverment

there I say it if you are going to flame for it them just do it,I am used to it

I don't understand how this is thread worthy?

"Hey something huge didn't happen because the FBI/DEA were doing their jobs!"

Actually I think "success" stories are necessary, since the general opinion right now is that they are a bunch of incompetent idiots who couldn't spot a terrorist plot even if it hit them in the face.

Numbers: I'm sure you'd agree with me when I say that self-doubt is a necessary tool to ensure one's existence. I wonder if you'd say the same thing about a governing body :p

Well yeah, as a general rule governments need to continue to rethink their policies. But the rightness of governance itself cannot be questioned; the existence of government is what makes human beings civilized.

Simply put, decisions of governments can be wrong; government itself cannot be wrong. Except communists.

You are the reason why Government is unable to right every wrong in this world.
Sorry to break it to you my friend, but the government is the reason the government is unable to right every wrong in this world.

I think he came to that conclusion based on the fact that history repeats itself.

As someone that lives with his parents and works minimum wage you don't smoke weed? Shit, I would.

i just want to point out that someone actually made this post here

So what, good news shouldn't be reported?

It's not a conspiracy, it's spin. Given recent news, Obama is in desperate need of looking like he's a competent, good president. It wouldn't take much to spin an incident like this into something much bigger than it was to begin with. No conspiracy there.

What proof other then your wishful thinking do you have that the only reason this plot was made public so Obama can get a boost?
none.

I am still torn. On the one hand, Iran's reaction gives me the impression that the story is true. Press TV was in full damage control mode all day. I have never seen so many quotes from different Iranian officials in one day. Then again, the story doesn't really make sense if you think about it. Why would Iran want to blow up the Saudi ambassador in the US with the help of a Mexican drug cartel? Even Michael Bay would consider that somewhat unbelievable.

And why would a Mexican cartel want to BOMB THE F***ING UNITED STATES for a paltry sum of $1.5 million? $1.5 million is nothing. One cartel probably nets that much profit in a week of cocaine shipments. A cartel bombing the US for that would be like me walking up to the welfare office and punching my case worker in the face for a Klondike bar. Whoops, there goes your financial benefits, and here comes the law enforcement!

when was the last time Iran did something rational?
exactly ...lol

Did I mix up Iran and Mexican cartels again?

Yeah, it is the cartel part of the plot that doesn't make sense. Why would the Mexicans take such a risk for what amounts to pocket change?

if iran bitch a lot them more probably that is true

Back