Vortigaunt
Reaction score
[[ My mod idea ]]

Mod name : <unknown>
Mod type : multiplayer
Game : Half-Life 2

*** PLEASE MIND BEFORE YOU READ THIS THAT THIS IS ONLY THE BONES OF MY IDEA ***

[[ A bit of the background ]]

The year is 5016 AD and Earth's military has evolved greatly, scientists now know how to use time to move from place to place extremely fast. This technology is called TMT. It is somewhat like teleportation but that was proved impossible. The way the "time machines" work is rather confidential but some information was leaked.
From this leaked information we know that if you use this technology you have only a certain amount of time to get back to where you came from.

As far as extra terestrials, nothing has been found. A group called SETA (Search for Extra Terestrial Activity) claims that there are ET's but they have been saying this for the last 4000 years.

Well, the time has come for Earthly inhabitants to colonize other worlds. The UN decided for Mars, one of Earths closest neighbours, and Surcanis, in the 103c constellation, to be made into livable conditions using the new powerful technology available. But, two planets aren't enough to keep people safe from environmental issues. So, the Confederal Military is exploring a newly discovered constellation now named 261b. They are exploring a planet called Antares, the same planet that SETA claims there is ET activity on.

Ok, so my mod idea is about Earth in conflict with another planet (Antares), humans use the time warp technology to attack the aliens and carry out objectives within the timelimit given. The aliens will be freaky as hell and will have tough voices. The aliens attack by using lightspeed technology and also carry out objectives within a timelimit.

[[ Modes ]]

Human Defence : Humans defend Earth and aliens attack.

Alien Defence : Aliens defend Antares and humans attack.

Space Combat : This mode is used to define which of the above modes will take place. Once defined the map changes to a random map according to the defined mode.

[[ Side notes ]]

I'm hoping to make this mod have a very "legendary" style. The missions will have as much of a story as possible and will still be very playable. The scenery is going to be unbelievable in my mind... Some tell me I have quite an imagination... :naughty:

I want it to be very realistic, as in different gravities on the two planets, 3 well placed shots to take an alien out and about 2 on humans, a more personal look into each of the races, many different vehicles to commandeer, and I'll probably think of much more within a week.

I think with a team I can accomplish these things since HL2 isn't coming out for a while. :dozey:

[[ Weapons ]]

The weapons selection system is going to be a bit different than other mods. After dieing you will respawn in a supply ship and guns will be set up on racks, shelves, etc. and then you will get into a pod and will be shot down to the battlefield. There will be about 30-40 different weapons and about 6 different vehicles.

[[ Maps ]]

I am hoping to make about 25 maps all with as much detail as the Source engine can handle (and still be playable perfectly). All the maps have their own unique looks and are all based in different areas of the planets. (Example : In one map on Antares you will be in the lush alien jungle with unknown animals and plants everywhere. In another one you will be in the cities of Antares with destroyed buildings everywhere.)

*** I KNOW THE SOURCE ENGINE IS NOT BUILT FOR LARGE OUTDOOR MAPS BUT THE APPROACH IN MAKING THE MAPS WILL BE LIKE Day of Defeat's.
(AN ILLUSION OF A LARGE MAP) ***

I think that's all I have for now... Before you flame this think of the feeling you'll be hurting :( ... joking, post whatever you want.

I really don't care, I'll make this mod if you like it or not.
:sniper:

I don't think I gave my idea justice in this post since I can't really explain it lol.

Thanks.

Don't you think 5160 AD is a little extreme. That's like jumping from the wheel to something like the X-15! :X

Otherwise, it seems a little basic. You need something to hook players in to it. Like maybe, some super-advanced-ultra technology stuff. Meh, I'm just bad with ideas. ;)

Hmm.... I jsut had a thought..... you said 5160 AD (thats like year 5160... i think) this actually could be a good idea. Mainly because they are loads of cyber punk mods in development atm. Why not take cyberpunk further. What I mean by this is go more into the future like basiclly... make the world around you none describable. Kinda like in the film artifical inteligence (AI) at the end the aliens find the robot child stuck in the ice. They travel around in blocks of primative objects. If you are following me its good, if your not its bad. I think try and find some images.

Basiclly what I mean is go beyond cyber punk. Make a world which has never been seen before. Make up whole new concepts for travel. Also how you live. It could help if you have read some books by Philip K Dick.... hopfully you have :p

tell me if you are understanding me though?

Back