Firaxis must die

HunterSeeker

Reaction score
Yesterday night I finished downloading Civ4: Beyond the Sword.

I am never ever gonna get those hours back.

"Alt-Tabs back into the game"

You should have just bought it DERP

Ah, I bought it over steam. Not a pirated version here, sorry for being unclear.

And they must die becouse they make such good stuff that it shatters your very soul.

Firaxis and Creative Assembly must inject heroin into their games. The Civ and Total War games are some of the most addictive I have ever played.

All hail Sid Meier, our all-mighty lord and saviour, may his reign be long and prosperous!
*kneels*

So would you guys recommend Civ 4 to someone like myself who is a complete virgin to the series...? I've read some reviews and I'm kind of interested, but all I keep seeing is 'Civ fans will LOVE it!' whereas it does look a bit overwhelming for n00bs.

Yes, I would recommend it.
The game starts off very simple, and there's lots of helpful tips you can turn on.

Okay, cheers, that's reassuring. I'll probably score it off Steam over the weekend.

I'd say it's a lot more noob-friendly than previous civ-games.

It's a new expansion pack. New leader, units, buildings, etc. It also adds three new concepts to the game. Corporations, a change to espionage and an early era UN type building that adds to diplomacy and religion. I think they spent some time making the end game units more fun.

Off to download it...

Yes, I got it yesterday too. but I got the boxed copy, it looks nice. I can't wait to go to my house with no internet (otherwise I get bored cause I know there is another thing to do.. like waste my hours on hl2.net.) and jsut civ4 and Rome: Total War. I beat RTW, and am now playing civ4.. yay for BtS. I can't wait to play through a whole game on marathon.. D: Be sure to play using the nextwar mod. It adds to the end game with mechs and cyborgs.. :D

I'm getting my 8800gts tomorrow, so I'll be playing MTW most of time with full settings. I might check out the beta for Sins of a Solar Empire

I am currently playing a marathon game using the next war mod.

The year is the late 1400 but my technology is closer to early 1600. I am constructing a giant army of riflemen that will invade the less advanced continent and let me experience creating a colony civilization (basically and A.I. controlled civilization that is loyal to you but might not always be friendly if you do not treat them well, elimantes the costs of having cities so far away from your capital). I am not for from being able to create corporations as well.

Make that less advanced continent an island chain instead.

I tried the demo of Civ4, didn't like it.
Sim City 4 and Rise of Nations however are super addicting.

The Civ4 on steam is too damn expensive, and I can't be arsed buying it at the shops.

EDIT: Actually, what the hell, Civ IV with Beyond the Sword is 39.95 whereas Civ IV on it's own is 49.95?

I reccommend it, digital crack that isn't WoW.

Alpha Centauri...my first *good* game, along with Flight Sim '95 and Comanche Gold!

It brings back awesome memories.. :D

Back