Firefly MMORPG. :O

Bashing Firefly in any situation should be considered trolling since everyone loves the show.

So gtfo.

Shiny, indeed.

Man, If it actually gets up off of the ground.
It'd definitely be a dream come true.

You might want to check the date, I remember hearing about this 2-3 years ago, but I haven't heard much of the development

But to be fair, I would prefer to see this as an Singleplayer, not an MMO, because a lot of the characters have deep story and emotions, something that you cannot explore in an MMO

[edit]

Sorry, realised somebody bumped a thread created in 2006

I'm talking about the space cowboy show with bad acting. And worse CGI.

Yeah, that one.

You mean the awesome space cowboy show with the great acting and writing.

Unlike your fanfiction, with the awful writing.

You might want to check the date, I remember hearing about this 2-3 years ago, but I haven't heard much of the development

But to be fair, I would prefer to see this as an Singleplayer, not an MMO, because a lot of the characters have deep story and emotions, something that you cannot explore in an MMO

[edit]

Sorry, realised somebody bumped a thread created in 2006

I bumped my own thread to give an update on the game's situation. :p

Yea not looking forward to this, it'll be shit just as the show, etc, etc.

*insert flame suit joke here*

It's gay.

Back when the movie came out in theaters, Top Secret wanted me to go watch the movie with him, but for whatever reason, I never managed to go. Time passes & when it was released on DVD, he bought it & had me watch it.

I did not like it at all.

More time passes & when the Season 1 DVD set was released, he bought that & had me start watching it. I already didn't like the movie, what was the point of watching the series? But I started watching it anyway &.....

FELL MADLY & DEEPLY IN
F.U.C.K.I.N.G
LOVE WITH IT!!!!!!!!!

When I found out that they canceled the series, I wanted to cry. How could such an amazing Sci-Fi show get canceled? I even signed some petition online to bring the series back. Fat lot of good that did. I still get a tender tear in my eye when I think of Serenity & her crew.

As for the MMO. I'll pass. Seeing 50,000 other people all flying around in-game in ships called "Serenity" or variations of that name, will kill it for me & you know people would do it too. Now if they made a multi-part Single Player (Multi-player where others get to fill the roles of the main crew members would be fine & thus do not interact with other "Serenitys" would be fine) game based off Firefly where you get to have Serenity & perhaps have a story that surrounds how you recruit each member & then go on missions, well THAT is a game I would pay good money for.

serenityld2.jpg

-MRG

As for the MMO. I'll pass. Seeing 50,000 other people all flying around in-game in ships called "Serenity" or variations of that name, will kill it for me & you know people would do it too. Now if they made a multi-part Single Player (Multi-player where others get to fill the roles of the main crew members would be fine & thus do not interact with other "Serenitys" would be fine) game based off Firefly where you get to have Serenity & perhaps have a story that surrounds how you recruit each member & then go on missions, well THAT is a game I would pay good money for.

serenity.jpg

-MRG

Stealing bandwidth is for losers.

I'm talking about the space cowboy show with bad acting. And worse CGI.

Yeah, that one.
Troll more. It will probably make your miserable life better.
Yea not looking forward to this, it'll be shit just as the show, etc, etc.

*insert flame suit joke here*

It's gay.
way to pwn yourself by not reading the thread!
Inb4wrath of Ennui.
;) see if they respond to this with more trolling instead of justification for insulting firefly i get to ban them :naughty:

The MMO was cancled in favour of BTVS MMO. Dont see it turning out too well. Just bring back the show if they are so interested in the franchise still.

Anyhow, I hope you all will be watching Dollhouse come January.

The MMO was cancled in favour of BTVS MMO. Dont see it turning out too well. Just bring back the show if they are so interested in the franchise still.

Anyhow, I hope you all will be watching Dollhouse come January.

Eh, looks like another girl power show.

I really only respect Whedon for his work with Firefly & Serenity, even though I did watch Buffy all the way through and enjoyed it a bit... even though it's more or less considered a guilty pleasure.

Considered a guilty pleasure? By who?

All Whedon's shows are ace and it all points out that Dollhouse will be a hit too. Finally, Joss returns to T.V, his work was greatly missed.

By me.
It IS basically a "girls rule RAH RAH RAH" show.
It does have undeniable charm, but it got way too dramatic and corny in too many places.

I'm a Firefly fan, not necessarily a Whedon fan. Nothing other than Firefly that he's done really grabbed me by the nuts, except maybe the recent series of musical shorts about superheroes which is badass.

Back