For those second gussing L4D2

Problem with incendiary in versus: One team will know when the tanks spawns and thus when to grab the incendiary ammo.

Instant tank loss.

Not unless you really ****ing suck at being tank, cause if I'm nt mistakent, you still have about 3 minutes to take out the survivors.

I think it's fair to admit that Left4Dead is a broken game beyond repair and as such no point wasting time on it.

Then maybe they should have tried fixing it before they start work on a new game. They made the decision to make L4D2 right after they released L4D, remember?

I seem to remember an article stating that L4D2 plays the exact same as L4D, just with melee weapons and a few extra gimmicks. ****, even Microsoft only charges $10-$15 for map packs. Not to mention that ALL of the DLC we've been given should have been in game UPON RELEASE. We've got no new weapons, no new gamemodes ("extended crescendo" doesn't count, that'd take no time at all for a competent modder), no new maps (Dead Air and Death Toll were ported to VS months before Valve did), no new infected. Not surprised to be honest, they were just all put into L4D2!

Getting a bit sick of the fanboyism present everywhere on these forums. Seriously, you all have brains. Use them.

And Grizzly is right. Tanks are already piss easy to take out with a decent team as long as you have a molotov or another source of fire. Now they're even easier; you have bullet molotovs!

Then maybe they should have tried fixing it before they start work on a new game. They made the decision to make L4D2 right after they released L4D, remember?

I seem to remember an article stating that L4D2 plays the exact same as L4D, just with melee weapons and a few extra gimmicks. ****, even Microsoft only charges $10-$15 for map packs. Not to mention that ALL of the DLC we've been given should have been in game UPON RELEASE. We've got no new weapons, no new gamemodes ("extended crescendo" doesn't count, that'd take no time at all for a competent modder), no new maps (Dead Air and Death Toll were ported to VS months before Valve did), no new infected. Not surprised to be honest, they were just all put into L4D2!

Getting a bit sick of the fanboyism present everywhere on these forums. Seriously, you all have brains. Use them.

And Grizzly is right. Tanks are already piss easy to take out with a decent team as long as you have a molotov or another source of fire. Now they're even easier; you have bullet molotovs!

The main problem with Left4Dead are the players. If players didn't shiva stack in a corner inaccessible to the infected players would have more fun. This is what Valve are working to stop with the new gauntlet style finale, they can't add that into Left4Dead as the maps are simply not designed for it. Now i admit some of these should have been brought to Left4Dead as support of it has been pathetic by Valve, but i can also see what they are doing. Already people are complaining that Left4Dead2 hasn't got enough content to justify the price tag now if Valve add more content into Left4Dead it would make Left4Dead 2 look even more pathetic.

I do, however, feel the need to note that I have faith in Valve. For the time being, that is.

Looks like its just a time filler between l4d and ep3. Valve needed a way to get money between L4D and Ep3, so they took all their l4d DLC and slapped a "2" on the box.

Yes, I'm sure that's exactly what they thought.

Looks like its just a time filler between l4d and ep3. Valve needed a way to get money between L4D and Ep3, so they took all their l4d DLC and slapped a "2" on the box.

Yeah because we know how many times they used that plan in the 7 years between HL and HL2.

Um, yeah, I was definitely challenging your freedom of speech there. The thing is, for the facts, you guys are very wrong, and for the opinions, they're formed early and without really having any basis for them.

I disagree, and I wouldn't be surprised if you were a part of the L4D2 Boycott group since you seem to have the same thoughts as them. VALVe already made a big profit from the release of Left 4 Dead, why would they need more money when they already have enough to make Episode Three? They are making Left 4 Dead 2 so they can please their fans, not score money off of them. Right now, the game may look like downloadable content for Left 4 Dead, but as the months go by, it will become it's own, new game; we just have to be patient with VALVe.
Its a word for word copy of their plan.

No, it isn't.

Right now, the game may look like downloadable content for Left 4 Dead, but as the months go by, it will become it's own, new game; we just have to be patient with VALVe.

Thats what i was saying. Right now, i dont think highly of L4D2 because it looks like DLC. If, as you say it will, it becomes its own new game, then ill probabaly buy it.

I'm not quite sure what you're waiting for. Is there some magic video that's going to pass the magical threshhold from LOL I SHOULD HAVE IT FOR FREE FOR SOME REASON to a respectable purchase?

I'm not quite sure what you're waiting for. Is there some magic video that's going to pass the magical threshhold from LOL I SHOULD HAVE IT FOR FREE FOR SOME REASON to a respectable purchase?

Ill be watching the development of the game to see if it becomes anything more than DLC.

And i never said i should have it for free.

All characters in l4d2 will be new and even the bad guys get new skins. THIS IS WHY I keep saying the boycott was lame and who ever joined is lame and 2 lames = a lime. Ice Tea anyone?

Seriously do your research visit the google section of your browser and type in l4d2 and you will Chet and Doug from vale are all over the place doing interviews allowing gaming websites to fly out to Valve to play L4d2. Yes it is so unfair a game developer who makes games decided to "make" a game. Yes it was unfair for them to purchase CS and turn that into a profit to. It was a outrage when they did it to DOD.

PS: PAX (google it) is coming soon and they will have a l4d2 booth if you go you will new stuff. Each trade show more is shown.

PPS: They used old models in the DEMO so you would see the new maps and zombies and guns. Thus, a demo and a teaser.

Um, into what? The game isn't going to change I'm afraid. It's shipping in three months. What you see now is what the game will be.

Then get it from Steam. You pay for it, then you download it. DLC!

Edit: At dino.

I'm honestly kidding. What is the point of demanding something be DLC if you pay for it anyway?

And my first point was most important, and I'd like a response to it.

Um, into what? The game isn't going to change I'm afraid. It's shipping in three months. What you see now is what the game will be.

If you meant that by your first point, then the answer is that i simply wont buy the game. Not relating to the boycott or anything, i just won't want the game.

I agree with Mingag.

ALSO,
L4D 3 WILL COME OUT WHEN 2 HAD BEEN OUT FOR LIKE 5 SECONDS.

I'm guessing that Darkedge is kidding.

It seems to be illegal to dislike a Valve game on this forum.
Would you guys be kissing ass over it if Valve had not made it?

You can dislike the game all you want.

Don't have a retarded reason, though.

Deja Vu.

Well, you said you agreed with Mingag, and pretty much none of his reasoning made any sense.

It's everything good about L4D but better, minus what was bad.

Back