Forum Discussion/Meta Thread #???

BabyHeadCrab

The Freeman
Reaction score
There's always a TIME to talk about Valve. ;)

*ahem* Gaben Newell, Steam!, and Half-Live

Portable 1 and 2 have the worst fanbases on the planet second only to the Souls series and Sonic the Hedgehog's autism filled depths.

Let's not forget Ken Levine, lol

edit: someone from Valve Software Inc. in Richmond Virginia

What's there to talk about? No news of Episode Three/Half-Life 3/whatever in months, nay, years. Even forcing this site to change its name in order to still be considered "hip" and "in style", to "stay with the times". The name better be put back when the fat man's bearded jaw drops open and out comes the information that will make every nerd from Los Angeles to London have an orgasm of epic and unrecorded proportions.

Anyone else think Gabe isn't shaving until Half Life 3 comes out? I feel that's what is going on right now.

Also, this site better become HalfLife3.net..... even though HL2.net rolls off the tongue, I'll accept HL3.net..

My bookmark still says "HL2.net" and goes to halflife2.net. I once thought I would never change it. But this thread has shown me that a compromise isn't unthinkable. I am willing to change them to HL3.net and halflife3.net respectively.

There's some shit about Ravenholm going around. Seems pretty stupid. Hopefully they're hard at work ensuring games are well compatible with the Piston(tm)

I dunno why but I got the feeling HL3 will come out next January.

Having a smoke and thinking about all our fallen comrades. RIP STERN YOU FAT BITCH I miss you.

Well, dude, he's at least 120 years old. We may not even know if he does go.

Are you alive, Stern?

WHOA. gettin' a little spammy there Stylo. Settle down little meatball lover ;)

Whoa, why they creepin' on our Kool Aid. Maybe if we're nice Gabe will call one of his IP lawyers and we can grab it on the cheaps.

Well maybe if they're cool enough they'll let us, they do know of our existence after all.
Well, they DID. Back when we were Halflife2.net. Now they don't even know what we're about. Something about faucets right?

Well, they DID. Back when we were Halflife2.net. Now they don't even know what we're about. Something about faucets right?

I don't even understand what the name change was supposed to accomplish. Did it make us more relevant? Are we no longer as niche as we once were?

Honest questions, because I only ever hang around the off topic forums, and don't know if the rest of the forum is buzzing or not due to the name change.

It will still be Halflife2.net in spirit. The staff has been discussing this for months and we decided that this was a step we needed to take if we want the site and community to move ahead and prosper rather than fizzle and fade away as HL2 becomes less and less relevant. I think we'll all shed a tear or two at the passing of an era though ;(

Dis ^

Seems to me like we're still fizzling and fading away...

I don't even understand what the name change was supposed to accomplish. Did it make us more relevant? Are we no longer as niche as we once were?

Honest questions, because I only ever hang around the off topic forums, and don't know if the rest of the forum is buzzing or not due to the name change.
I'm not sure myself. All that I know is that we're no longer the first google result for any of valve's games or forums. Search halflife 2 forums and you get steampowered links first, search "Team Fortress 2 Forums", or "CS Go forums" and we're not even on the first page. Luckily we're number 2 on "Valve Forums," right above valvereplacement.org/forums, a community for heart valve replacements. Sadly, even they have more activity than here.

Speaking of which, where is that sexy man? I just realized that his name actually means something but forgot what it was.
It means lazy, miserable ****er. Its also pronounced On-Wee which I always hated, and I still read his name an en-you-ee every time I see it.

I'm pretty sure I've seen him around. Probably busy managing his other site, the traitor.

BECAUSE WE'RE MORE HIP AND WITH THE TIMES WITH A RETARDED NAME AND REDESIGNED FORUM LAYOUT that nobody gives a shit about because other than a few threads at a time and the news this forum is o nthe fast track to death and no one will admit it. This site's death began with the death of hl2.net

oh boy we've been acknowledged by Geoff Keighley!

Geoff is a shit 'journalist' and he's about as gay as Kotaku

piss off

Can staff show us the site traffic since VT.net started? I think we'd all like to know how successful the refocus has been.

Its also pronounced On-Wee which I always hated, and I still read his name an en-you-ee every time I see it.

Oh my god I did too and I just knew that wasn't the right way to pronounce it. It's like kineasth's name, have absolutely no clue how to say it but I know it's like KineticAesthetic in one word. kin-esth?

Can staff show us the site traffic since VT.net started? I think we'd all like to know how successful the refocus has been.
QsREG.png

BECAUSE WE'RE MORE HIP AND WITH THE TIMES WITH A RETARDED NAME AND REDESIGNED FORUM LAYOUT that nobody gives a shit about
HEY HEY HEY! Talk shit about the name all you want, I'm right there with ya. But this new forum design is actually good, so eat shit.

Back