Fox"news" commentator:: Heath Ledger "weirdo" mocks his death

CptStern

suckmonkey
Reaction score
Fox News host John Gibson callously mocked the death of actor Heath Ledger, calling him a ?weirdo? with a ?serious drug problem.?

Playing an audio clip of the iconic quote, ?I wish I knew how to quit you? from Ledger?s gay romance movie Brokeback Mountain, Gibson disdainfully quipped, ?Well, he found out how to quit you.? Laughing, Gibson then played another clip from Brokeback Mountain in which Ledger said, ?We?re dead,? followed by his own, mocking ?We?re dead? before playing the clip again.

Throughout the course of the show, Gibson continued to bring up Ledger?s death while discussing current events, jokingly claiming that current events may have caused him to commit suicide.

On yesterday?s drop in the stock market:

GIBSON: Maybe he had a serious position in the market.

TOM SULLIVAN: And possibly today, he looked at the window and said?

GIBSON: ?Oh my God.?

SULLIVAN: His name?s not Keith Bledger, right?

GIBSON: He was depressed about yesterday?s downturn in the world stock markets.

On the Democratic debate in South Carolina:

GIBSON: Apparently Heath Ledger was suicidal and his friends saw it coming. I think he watched the Clinton-Obama debate last night. I think he was an Edwards guy, cause he saw his Edwards guy was just completely irrelevant.

In reality, New York City Police spokesman Paul J. Browne told the New York Times that there was ?no obvious indication of suicide.?

a new fox"news" low

wiki on John Gibson:

Gibson claims that the British Broadcasting Corporation is anti-American, accusing the BBC of having "a frothing-at-the-mouth anti-Americanism that was obsessive, irrational and dishonest"[7][8]. He also claimed that reporter Andrew Gilligan, who was covering the 2003 Iraq War for BBC Radio 4 in Baghdad, had, "insisted on air that the Iraqi Army was heroically repulsing an incompetent American military". [9]

Gibson's criticisms were rejected by Ofcom when it investigated viewer complaints of Gibson's item. [10] It was found that the words he attributed to Gilligan were false.

http://thinkprogress.org/2008/01/23/gibson-mocks-ledger/

blithering idiot ..seems to be a pre-requisite for working at fox"news"

Why don't people like him ever drop dead unexpectedly? After all, spending all your time propositioning people in the men's room must get dangerous somehow.

Bastard.

Doesn't the USA have anything like Ofcom? :(

yes, his coimments probably doesnt cross the line

anyways we have to consider the source:

gibson_john_fox.jpg

do all conservative froth-at-the-mouth blithering idiots look like pedos/self-hating closet homosexuals?

so what, ive heard countless radio personalities joke about it,

aren't we all just a little too sensitive?

you wouldnt say that if you were his parents/friends/family ..it's just poor taste imho, not that fox"news" is a class act

Fox "news"

lawl I put news in quotes! Did you guys see that? Hilarious.

you wouldnt say that if you were his parents/friends/family ..it's just poor taste imho, not that fox"news" is a class act

no, i wouldnt say that if i was....whats your point?

Christ, take a look at the image dump....then tell me this is poor taste.

no, i wouldnt say that if i was....whats your point?

Christ, take a look at the image dump....then tell me this is poor taste.

not the same thing, the image dump isnt broadcast to millions of people and doesnt try to pass itself off as serious journalism

not the same thing, the image dump isnt broadcast to millions of people and doesnt try to pass itself off as serious journalism

YOU TAKE THAT BACK RIGHT NOW! :flame:

Image Dump III for president.

Somebody shoot him in the face, and make it look intentional!

I guess it's the "SRS JOURNALISM" bit that makes me so annngggrry!

Trade John Gibson + fox news for Heath Ledger back.

WTF are you Americans doing there? Do a mass protest outside Fox News!

(By mass protest I mean sacrificing 12 virgins, of course.)

Back