Foxnews to create Jon Stewart type show

CptStern

suckmonkey
Reaction score
Comedy Central has made a good living out of skewering the political right.

Now Fox News Channel, a primary source of material for Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert, is teaming with the exec producer of "24" to try its hand at a news satire show for conservatives to love.

Joel Surnow, co-creator of "24," is shooting two half-hour pilots of a skein he described as " 'The Daily Show' for conservatives," due to air in primetime on Saturdays in January.

If successful, the show could take its place on the regular schedule, adding satire to FNC's formula of news and opinion.

"The way I look at it, almost every comedy show or satire show I see uses the same talking points against George W. Bush and Dick Cheney," Surnow said. "The other side hasn't been skewered in a fair and balanced way."

the thought of a political comedy show run by conservatives is about appealing as watching paint dry ..I mean if anything they're humourless and quick to launch into a diatribe about partisan bs ..whereas Stewert's main strength is that ..he's actually funny, regardless of his political affiliation

you're trying to hard foxnews/conservatives ..take your lumps like a man and recognise that comedy isnt your strongest suit

http://www.forbes.com/digitalentert...ative-satire-tech-media-cx_1120varietytv.html

jeez I remember when Tucker Carlson tried his hand at besting Stewert on his own show using sarcasim/humour ...what a trainwreck that was

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYei1mjbbWU

I can already see the show being a disaster. What the hell are they gonna joke about? How the Democrats do nothing and liberals are a bunch of pussies/psuedo-intellectuals? WHOA. GREAT SHOW FOX. OH MAN. THE WITTY SATIRE IS AMAZING.

yes although he claims stewart being on the show had nothing to do with it ..that it was arranged months before the stewart debacle aired

I wish people could own up to their mistakes.

Those videos make me really, really want to run for office, and at least have a hand at ousting partisan jackasses from the government.

The main appeal of The Daily Show is that it skewers absurdity, not specific sides of the political spectrum. Not once have I ever seen him make fun of something on the grounds that it's conservative or republican. It just so happens that the guys running the country and ****ing everything up happen to be (GASP!) riding the big red elephant. There's only so many cracks you can take at democrats being spineless when they pretty much do nothing.

People like Jon Stewart because he's a sane, funny, nice guy who knows his stuff. They don't like him because he's a cynic who trashes republicans. That Fox is even going into this show with such a mindset means it's doomed, creatively speaking. It may very well stay afloat financially, because god knows there are plenty of people who would watch such a thing under the retarded notion that there's a liberal media out to get them.

I honestly can't quite imagine what such a show would be like.

Like Absy said, the daily show targets the absurd, not any specific political spectrum. They made, by far, the funniest jokes about Kerry during the last presidential election.

What did the conservatives have?
Band-aids with hearts on them were the real "bee's knees" at their gala.
Yawn.
More like So-Damn Insane!

And now five minutes of prayer for the victims of 9/11.

But seriously folks, those gays are going to hell so they don't deserve equal rights.

Back