Jon Stewart Goes on Fox.... Guess what happens ?

Shyam

Reaction score
Mr. Stewart as always, brilliant.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWDpeI9Pnjg

At one point, Chris Wallace admits, Fox news presents the other side of the story of the mainstream media, which has a liberal agenda, so Fox by his own admission, is conservative.

The impression I get of American journalism, at least in the TV medium, is that it's in the worst state possible. There doesn't seem to be a single source of good honest and analytical journalistic work. I can only hope that the printed press is better.

I think Jon Stewart is at his best game when he's exposing this state of affairs, but I doubt it will change significantly.

I can only hope that the printed press is better.

Nope.avi

I love these interviews where he can talk with people who directly oppose his stance. They're usually better when they come to his show, because whenever they're on Fox they always seem to have to interrupt each other to talk. The Fox guys always seem to have prepared so many talking points and want to blurt as many out there as possible without having any significant discussion on any particular one. When they're on Jon's show, its usually a lot better because Jon would rather have a great discussion on just one or two topics, than crappy discussions on several.

I loved his interview with O'Reilly and this wasn't much different. It's always hilarious to see how people will consistently try to hold him to their own standards of journalism, without realising how inept it makes them look to compare themselves with someone who is, first and foremost, a comedian.

Jon had a follow-up to this on his show where he discovers that a certain thing he asserted in the interview was in fact false... and then goes on to see how his lying stacks up to Fox's. :>

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/tue-june-21-2011/fox-news-false-statements

Part of me thinks Politifact did that just go get bipartisan points when it didn't really warrant it. The studies they chose did indeed show a low level of political knowledge across the board for most audiences, but over things like "Do you know who the vice president is?" and "Can you name your state representatives?". Over heated, contentious issues like healthcare reform or the war in Iraq, Fox viewers are more misinformed than those for CNN and other news networks. Fox viewers are more likely to think that the government is instituting death panels, that we found WMDs in Iraq as well as Saddam having an Al Qaeda connection, and that (this is shocking) we invaded that country with popular international support.

They nabbed Stewart on a technicality in his wording, but I don't think he needed to retract his statement since it's pretty much true where it matters.

Back