FoxNews: Women in the Military really shouldnt complain about being raped

CptStern

suckmonkey
Reaction score
Fox News contributor Liz Trotta is drawing strong criticism for her remarks on sexual assault in the military

During a Fox News segment on Sunday about new rules regarding women in the military, Trotta reacted to a Pentagon report showing a 64% increase in violent sexual assaults since 2006 by stating: "Now, what did they expect? These people are in close contact."

pretty sure it's not to be raped

Trotta also attacked the Department of Defense for increasing funding for support programs for victims of sexual assault. Trotta remarked, "the feminists have also directed them, really, to spend a lot of money. They have sexual counselors all over the place, victims' advocates, sexual response coordinators. ... you have this whole bureaucracy upon bureaucracy being built up with all kinds of levels of people to support women in the military who are now being raped too much."

When Fox News anchor Eric Shawn said that "many would say that they need to be protected," Trotta replied: "That's funny, I thought the mission of the" armed forces "was to defend and protect us, not the people who were fighting the war."

stay classy

http://mediamatters.org/blog/201202140005

"Contrary to Trotta's comments, being a victim of rape or sexual assault is not in the job description of a US Service Member," said Rep. Jackie Speier in a statement to Media Matters. "It is shameful for anyone to assert that the military does not have an obligation to protect its troops and it is abhorrent that a journalist would spin the Pentagon's statistics about rape and sexual assault in a way that suggests these crimes are normal or acceptable."

you have this whole bureaucracy upon bureaucracy being built up with all kinds of levels of people to support women in the military who are now being raped too much

Raped too much?

The Fox News Anchor said this, or the guest on a program?
The guest, a regular Fox News 'contributor'. Who in 2008 also said:

"... and now we have what some are reading as a suggestion that somebody knock off Osama. Um, uh, Obama. Well, both, which we could."

Most guests are paid to be on shows. It's dramatic to claim that Fox News officially touts this statement. If you wikipedia this person you'll see she used to work directly for NBC and CBS as a reporter.

I've seen some crazy kooks say leftist things on Fox News as well, and they're contributors, but you'd never see anyone say "Fox News: The income tax should be 75% on the highest earners" or something just because a contributor said it in dialogue.

she's on foxnews' payroll so yes

So is Alan Colmes as a Fox News Contributor. That doesn't mean what he says represents Fox News itself, nor is he an anchor (on TV).

I've seen some crazy kooks say leftist things on Fox News as well, and they're contributors, but you'd never see anyone say "Fox News: The income tax should be 75% on the highest earners" or something just because a contributor said it in dialogue.

Yeah advocating high income tax is totally the same thing as saying women shouldn't complain about getting raped.

ok this is dumb I wanna point out this chick is a guest and not a Fox News Anchor...still she's a ****ing dumbass.
but fair is fair.

Well, can't say I can think of a statement better designed to piss off the maximum number of people.

Nor a political claim made more intensely "in bad faith".

Yeah advocating high income tax is totally the same thing as saying women shouldn't complain about getting raped.

That's not at all what I was saying. My point was a guest on the program saying something doesnt equal the news network proclaiming it. EG "FoxNews: INSERTGUESTVIEWHERE"

she's not a guest she's a contributor which means she's on the payroll. also it's not like Foxnews isnt known for saying outlandish shit

http://www.salon.com/2011/06/02/sesame_street_gay_hannity/

http://www.destructoid.com/fox-news-accuses-games-of-promoting-liberal-agenda--210786.phtml

Why is it that whenever I see articles like this, all I can think of is "FOX ACCUSES <source of complaint> OF PROMOTING REALITY-BASED AGENDA."

(This isn't me saying liberalism is always right or whatever, just in the ways they usually decide to pick on it.)

I still can't understand this mindset.

"Rapists rape women => women = problem"

Silly billies should complain about rapists who are raping too much. Not women who get raped too much. This isn't a problem caused by or exacerbated by women whatsoever.

Back