FPS problem with a 9800Pro

R

Rag

hello

i dont know why but my FPS on HL2DM is really bad i am using a Intel Celeron 2.2 Processor, 756PC2100 RAM and a ATI 9800Pro i know this aint a really powreful system but even when i run everything on low with AA disabled my fps never gets above 25 i am using the beta catalyst drivers as well but no luck. Can anybody help ive tried the steam forum and had no luck, its making DM near unplayable

Celerons are pants, but shouldn't account for quite such a low frame rate. I would place more blame with the pc2100 memory. Try shutting some of your non essential background processes to free up some memory.

Rag said:
hello

i dont know why but my FPS on HL2DM is really bad i am using a Intel Celeron 2.2 Processor, 756PC2100 RAM and a ATI 9800Pro i know this aint a really powreful system but even when i run everything on low with AA disabled my fps never gets above 25 i am using the beta catalyst drivers as well but no luck. Can anybody help ive tried the steam forum and had no luck, its making DM near unplayable

Upgrade your PC to a Pentium... and get the latest Catalyst drivers, why are you using beta? :O

HOWEVER, my brother has a Pentium III 700mhz and a 9600XT and he can sort of play, it should be much better for you. So I think it's your drivers, also clean your computer, defragment, make sure there's no spyware, close ALL background programs.

Hope that helps. :cheers:

i can play CS Source at 40 odd fps constant and the SP aint to bad either, just seem a bit shite on DM ohh well i knew my proccesor was shite :D

also supposedly the 4.12beta improve performance on HL2 i did try the 4.11 and they were same as these beta ones, i might try the omega drivers until i can a new board and processor

i really hate being skint :D

Adrien C said:
can you play HL2 at full details ?

yeah i can AA and all that shite to full at 1024 res, it dies a death fps wise after a bit

It's most definatley without a doubt because you have a celeron..bump that shit up to a pentium 4. I had a celeron with 9800 pro and getting 15 fps..getting a pentium 4 3.0ghz has bumped the fps up drastically

allrite thanks all i suppose ill have to wait a while though bloody Christmas :(

your graphics card is 2nd best out there but your processor is bottlenecking your system. i recommend upgrading your mobo and processor. (get amd)

Its your Celeryon proc sexor.

Hell I still use a ti 4400 128 card with a amd 64 proc, and I get 60 all the time with graphics cranked .
:farmer:
I can build you a system for real cheap if you want.

Under 500 usualy If you send me your compo now and I just use some of your old parts.

LeyBooFuMan said:
Its your Celeryon proc sexor.

Hell I still use a ti 4400 128 card with a amd 64 proc, and I get 60 all the time with graphics cranked .
:farmer:
I can build you a system for real cheap if you want.

Under 500 usualy If you send me your compo now and I just use some of your old parts.
Yeah, cuz we all know sending your computer to some guy u met over the internet is the smart thing to do.. O_O

Back