Free ride for Rupert Murdoch?

Krynn72

The Freeman
Reaction score
Rupert Murdoch’s News Corp. has been implicated in the bribery of foreign law enforcement officials, the hacking of Sept. 11 victims’ phone lines, the cover-up of a corporate hacking scandal and other offenses here in the U.S.

Hundreds of thousands have called on Congress to investigate. But the person in charge of launching an inquiry, Rep. Darrell Issa of the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee, went on Fox News Channel to say that he plans to do nothing.

http://act2.freepress.net/sign/issa_murdoch/?akid=2820.9192936.-ziW1I&rd=1&t=3

So many ****ing dickweeds in Congress, jesus christ.

I am so sick of our country's political bullshit. It's just pathetic how intertwined the government and corporate spheres are... and how the balance of power is clearly in the favor of corporate interests, not interests of the country or people. Ugh.

What could the US congress do though? Isn't News Corp an Australian company?

What could the US congress do though? Isn't News Corp an Australian company?

Well they COULD do the equivalent of a corporate death sentence, prevent News Corp from owning any property or selling any goods or services in the US, but that is not going to happen. More proactively they could also arrest the people responsible like that one **** in England. Since Issa is involved in the investigating bodies, well, the R next to his damn name should tell you all you need to know about that. We really need an actual corporate death sentence, all assets seized and the organization destroyed, along with arrests, for severe breaches like subprime lending which is practically usury

People that rich don't actually have to face up the law, hahaha. Of course he won't face trouble for any of it. This is a man who wakes up laughing for robbing the world every day of his life. This is a drop in the bucket.

This is a new discovery for me. It seems that rich, powerful people can influence the system to their advanatage while normal folk can't ?

Back