Fuel for a boat?

TCB

Reaction score
I've made a map where a group of survivors must escape via boat (a prop_dynamic sailboat parented to a func_tracktrain). But I need a way so the players must carry fuel through the level in order for it to run. They carry it, drop it in a box ontop of the boat, and then after 3 fuel cans are in the box, the boat starts up. How do I do this, is it possible?
Thanks.

You need Left 4 Death 2 for that. There's a fuel mode in it.

You can do it by having the fuel props named, then using a teleport with name filters to force the fuel cans to snap into place and trigger the necessary events - similar to the section on Highway 17 in HL2 where you have to find the batteries and place them to open the gate.

You can do it by having the fuel props named, then using a teleport with name filters to force the fuel cans to snap into place and trigger the necessary events - similar to the section on Highway 17 in HL2 where you have to find the batteries and place them to open the gate.
I think this works:
A math_counter is placed inside the box, the fuelcans give off this output:
Trigger_Gas OnStartTouch Add 1
Which goes to the math_counter. The Maximum Legal Value is 3 and there are three cans. Would this give off the desireed results?

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't you part of the Zombie Master team? That mod is amazing, it inspired me to create my mod, which this map will be for.

Yeah, that would be me. I used that kind of system for zm_docksofthedead.

You might find this useful - www.nealeroberts.com/files/logictest10.zip
It's the VMF of the map I use for testing out my logic systems. It contains pretty much everything I made for ZM (and some stuff I've been working on for ZM2, so ignore the missing models) including the stuff you're after for the fuel cans.

Ow yes that's also a way todo it, forgot about that one.

Cheers

Back