Funky looking video cards.

hool10

Tank
Reaction score
I was looking at some GPU's. I currently have a EVGA GTX 260. Now all DX10 cards are known to be these giant bricks but I noticed on newegg these cards that look like an on-board AGP card but they arn't:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814162067 When you look at the specs I mean it just blows away my card, is too good to be true for a price, and is super small. What are these things?! Should I pick one up if it's normal as well?

Don't get it, 128 bit cards are dramatically slower than 256 bit cards, even if the core clock and memory clock are identical it only takes in half the data per cycle that a 256 does.

When you look at the specs I mean it just blows away my card

No they don't. Your GTX 260 is in the neighborhood of 3 times as powerful as the GT 430. If for example you get around 60 fps in a game with your GTX 260, with the GT 430 you'd probably get between 15 and 20 fps.

The 460 is the next step up in the new line. Your 260 will beat anything less then the 460. The 430 is just for watching movies and playing games with very low requirements at the most.

You need to get a 560Ti at the minimum other wise it's not worth upgrading.

might wanna wait til Monday for memorial day for some really good deals too.

Everyone here has said some good stuff, listen to them. If it seems too good to be true, then it most definitely is.

Well I'm not going to get anything because I know my stuff is pretty good. I was just like "WOW look at that"! Why do they sell 128bit cards anyways?

We sell Galaxy cards at Best Buy and they look so ****ing ghetto. I've never seen someone buy one.

Back