Funny/Odd Dream about HL2.net

Vegeta897

Banned as all ****
Reaction score
Haven't made a thread in a while, Isotown was the last one, here we go.

I had a dream that HL2.net played a basketball game against a "rival" forum.

And it was all the oddness you would assume, but sadly I don't remember too much.

You might ask, why a basketball game. Well, I like to listen to a downloaded episode from something like Family Guy or The Office. Last night listened to the episode of The Office (US) in which the upstairs played against the warehouse in basketball. This happens occasionally, where my dreams involve whatever episode I was listening to.

Well! Like I said I can't remember much, especially not enough to give you what happened line by line or anything. I'll write what I remember in a list:

- The court was kind of odd, it was indoor, fairly huge, and one of the hoops was on the side of the court instead of opposite to the other hoop.
- I remember seeing Stern play. He was basically a guy with that Cpt. Stern head which he got his name from.
- I played for a bit. Now I've never been good at basketball, and I don't really like it, but I did pretty good. All I remember from playing was getting the ball passed to me by Stern, I think, and then I shot a hoop and made it. We did it again, but I missed, but someone on our team, I wish I remembered who, recovered it.
- I do not remember who we played against, but Planet Half-Life comes to mind.

You may wonder how the game actually took place. Well, in dreams anything is possible, and as a result it was really unexplainable. Some of it obviously I remember actually physically playing. But other times the game took place in a thread, somehow. I guess you could assume that threads or posts would be involved somehow.

Well anyway, the game ended oddly. We were like 19 to 7, us leading. The game was to 20. Then Riomhaire made a post. He posted a picture of this odd sonic game for the Sega. He said that it was "worth 2 points" and that "we win"
I remember thinking, "Wtf? Is that seriously it? Do we really win? Isn't that kind of stupid?"

The rest of the dream continued on in post form. I guess people were so excited that we "won" that they started spamming like crazy. People were posting all this random crap, most of it being, somehow, graphical elements of the forum, like little sections at the top, with all the colors and text. I don't know how it was done but that's what it looked like.

All the while I was thinking "Wait, we couldn't have seriously just won..." I was kind of dissapointed it ending so abruptly and rather stupidly. But my voice was just too quiet to be heard over all the spam. So I remember making this big scrolling marquee asking "WTF HAPPENED" or something.

And then I woke up :/

So, I guess, discuss HL2.net having a basketball game. Who it would be against, how it would be played, what it would be like, etc. Because I'd say my dream didn't do a very good job of simulating the experience, besides the spam part. :p

Wow. :|

I have so many thoughts for this but i`ll put them down later.

Well, we do have a couple of people on this board, including me, who play competitional basketball...

Perhaps you just watched the Office episode beforehand with the basketball game in?

You mention Stern and the HL2.net layout.. you didn't spend an entire week reading some certain 20,000 posts did you? :O
Well, we do have a couple of people on this board, including me, who play competitional basketball...
You just made up a word, Insano.

man I'm like everywhere ...in site forums, people's dreams, on the back of milk cartons etc ..well at least I was wearing clothes in the dream

Oh, you've got the head in your avatar. That's the one.

-Glenn- What do you mean? No I didn't watch it beforehand. And I can tell it was because it was playing right near me because in other random parts of the dream I remember there being people speaking certain parts from the episode that I would not have remembered by simply watching it before I went to bed.

Hahah, somebody who plays competitive basketball ought to know the word :LOL:

Anyway, that's some silly shit.

I'm actually not, not nearly as much as I used to be at all.

You and Tron are probably on more than me these days.

Hmm. So the screaming Trent was no where to be found, huh?

Hahah, somebody who plays competitive basketball ought to know the word :LOL:

Anyway, that's some silly shit.
You're totally right about me sucking at basketball. I mean, if I don't even know my basics, right? The only thing we do is running around the field, translating 'competitief' into all of the languages known to man.

Seriously, someone ban me from that field.

PS: my native language is Dutch

^^

Did lePobzy bounce 'em like this?

On a more serious note, when hl2.net starts to invade your dreams, you should take a break from the site.

^^

Did lePobzy bounce 'em like this?

Oi, you. My avatar's going to be upside down for months before I can be bothered to put it back to normal, and it's entirely your fault.

It's still on christmas, ffs.

Veggie, I read up to "basketball game against a rival forum" and stopped, because I'm gonna make a movie. brb.

It's still on christmas, ffs.

Veggie, I read up to "basketball game against a rival forum" and stopped, because I'm gonna make a movie. brb.
A movie based on a basketball game against a rival forum, or just a movie?

Better than my last dream.

My, er, hangy-down-bits got torn off. Oddly that wasn't nearly as bad as when I tried to reattach them with super glue. God, I've a graphic imagination. /shudders

Better than my last dream.

My, er, hangy-down-bits got torn off. Oddly that wasn't nearly as bad as when I tried to reattach them with super glue. God, I've a graphic imagination. /shudders
I had that same exact dream about you :O

Er, I can't read that scoreboard...

Ah. Nevermind, was it like Nerds: 2, Awesome team: 128?
it said visitors- 0, home-2. Y'know, because they all suck.

I think I need to change my avatar, I keep thinking I'm uriel.

Back