G-Man Playable Hero in Dota 2

Hectic Glenn

Site Director
Staff member
Reaction score
POSTER_GMAN_res.jpg

Our investigative sleuths at ValveTime have been combing through the Dota 2 beta since the recent update this weekend and found some incredible secrets within.

It seems that the G-Man will be making a cameo appearance in Dota 2 as an 'intelligence' based hero. We were able to find the upcoming hero poster image as seen above in the game files as well the ability to select him on the hero info screen by making some config modifications.

hero_sel_gman_res.jpg

The icons representing his skills are seemingly vague however they could hold the secret to when Episode 3 will be released. We will keep you updated on any progress we make.

Attachments

• hero_sel_gman.jpg
    hero_sel_gman.jpg
    297.7 KB · Views: 5,672
  • POSTER_GMAN.jpg
    POSTER_GMAN.jpg
    298.7 KB · Views: 1,773
Whoah. Won't get my hopes up for anything, but now that this day has finally come... I, uh, feel weird.

For the love of god switch to the Lore page.

edit- Well I certainly need to go to bed earlier it seems.

I'll try to make this brief:

The briefcase represents his ability to make deals with others. The portal, as you may already know, shows that he is able to travel to a certain point without having to go through physical space. The straightening of his tie emphasizes how calm and collected he is. The snoring bed reminds us all of his power to put one under stasis.

The briefcase refers to Freeman's contractual binding. The iconic image of the portal from Portal refers to the G-Man's affiliation with Aperture Science. The straightening of the tie is merely a symbolic representation of the G-Man's demeanor. The snoring bed refers to the many times the G-Man has had to put the baby, Gordon Freeman, to sleep.

My two cents have been given.

Edit: **** off this was posted on the 31st

lol @ people who didn't realize the date

awesome April Fools joke

Seriously, whoever made this post is a ****ing assholes.
People are going to believe this shit.

It is April first kids.

Don't guy into the stupid.

EP3 will be released 17.14.2020? We're going to need new months soon.

Even if this wasn't an obvious April fool, I still wouldn't want it.

Lol, I read this when it was the 31st here in Canada, so it fooled me for a bit.

Nice prank :p

Seriously, whoever made this post is a ****ing assholes.
People are going to believe this shit.

It is April first kids.

Don't guy into the stupid.
There are users who contribute, and then there is you. Shut the **** up.

Back